• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

One player - Spain

Someone said in another thread "imagine Iniesta running pur midfield". I think that's what we need, someone with the intelligence and movement to run our midfield. I don't think Dembele or Sandro can do that, Modric used to. Not sure Paulinho can either.

I few years ago I would have said Xavi but he looked a little jaded last night. Based just on current playing ability I'd have to go with Iniesta.

I few years ago I would have said Xavi but he looked a little jaded last night. Based just on current playing ability I'd have to go with Iniesta.

Agree with this.

How anyone can say anything other than Iniesta baffles me unless it's about age instead of current ability.

(despite that miss) I'd be tempted to take Torres, he's not their best player but he fits the (gaping) hole in our team

it would be great to have iniesta or xavi obviously but we'd still be talking about all the wasted chances each week

And how would Torres help? The Torres of old, yes, but he still is way of the player he was before he cut his hair. Sometimes the biblical stories make sense.

And how would Torres help? The Torres of old, yes, but he still is way of the player he was before he cut his hair. Sometimes the biblical stories make sense.

he still scores some goals, he's not what he was but he's still deadly compared to the shower of brick we have now

For me, my answer was given on consideration not of which player for Spain is the best, but instead which player would represent the biggest upgrade on our first team and the playing style.

Iniesta is the best player. Alba would mark a serious improvement on BAE. Imagine the pace coming from both our full backs, would help us become greater as a counter attacking threat, plus he is young so good to have for the future.

For me, my answer was given on consideration not of which player for Spain is the best, but instead which player would represent the biggest upgrade on our first team and the playing style.

Iniesta is the best player. Alba would mark a serious improvement on BAE. Imagine the pace coming from both our full backs, would help us become greater as a counter attacking threat, plus he is young so good to have for the future.

Alba would be more of an improvement on BAE than Iniesta would be on Lennon, Sig, Dempsey or Dembele?

Back