• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

One player - Spain

Fair play, didn't know all that. But to me, Xavi never was hailed as one of the "greats" until Iniesta was fully partnered next to him. Maybe it was just that Euro 2008 win that put him up there (as he had now won everything but the world cup which would then come 2 years later)..

Fair play, didn't know all that. But to me, Xavi never was hailed as one of the "greats" until Iniesta was fully partnered next to him. Maybe it was just that Euro 2008 win that put him up there (as he had now won everything but the world cup which would then come 2 years later)..

Yeah, I'm not saying that being a starter for Barca at that time made him "a great". It will probably always take time (and considerable success) for a player like Xavi who doesn't score a lot of goals and isn't as "flash" as Iniesta to become considered truly fantastic.

In many ways I think Busquet's early start at central midfield for Barca and Spain at a time when both were doing well already is more impressive.

Yeah, I'm not saying that being a starter for Barca at that time made him "a great". It will probably always take time (and considerable success) for a player like Xavi who doesn't score a lot of goals and isn't as "flash" as Iniesta to become considered truly fantastic.

In many ways I think Busquet's early start at central midfield for Barca and Spain at a time when both were doing well already is more impressive.

I agree. Xavi said that Busquets is the reason they have had the success they have had. I believe he said he's the best one touch passer he's ever seen or something along those lines. I personally feel that is the way to beat Barcelona, you mark Busquets and keep him out of the game.

Whilst I think Xavi and Iniesta are the two best midfielders in the world, we are crying out for strikers and have plenty of options in midfield, so if I had to pick one player from Spain to make our team better/more effective now, I would pick David Villa. His movement is excellent and he is a great finisher so he would actually put away the chances our midfield makes. If we had Xavi or Iniesta we'd make even more chances but there would be nobody ahead of them to actually put them away.

Back