• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

One gettable player and your team

Contract up in the summer, I think he's very gettable personally.
I would go ape-shet if we get Pirlo. Something like:
--------------Sandro-------------
----------Pirlo------ Eriksen-------
Lamela--------------------Townsend
------------Soldado----------------
I tell you it will be free banana's for everybody on GG :D

If we buy Benteke, we'd have to play Lennon and Towsend supporting him. Lamela and Eriksen wouldn't work in the same set-up as him.

you mean like they work in the current set up with Soldado and one up front???:-k

just like Avb, your theoretical approach to football might be flawed, did you ever consider that?

what i know is that i would like to see two strikers, and a flexible formation behind them. It can be 352, 442, 4312, 4132, a diamond shape in midfield, i really dont care.

if Lamela and Eriksen are as sh!t hot as they are speculated to be then they can play with any player and any formation.

I would go ape-shet if we get Pirlo. Something like:
--------------Sandro-------------
----------Pirlo------ Eriksen-------
Lamela--------------------Townsend
------------Soldado----------------
I tell you it will be free banana's for everybody on GG :D

..................Sandro
........Pirlo...............Eriksen
..................Lamela
...........Soldado..Benteke

now we're talkin' ;)

What we are missing is a deep playmaker who makes the team tick. Our problem is we are set up to dominate the midfield with strength and dominate possession with sideways and backwards passing. It is frustrating watching us slowly build up an attack only for us to give it to Dembele or Paulinho and it ends up all the way back to the keeper to hoof. We need someone in there who's first thought is to release a player on the attack or to supply the creative players as soon as possible. All the top teams have them type of players

United - Carrick
Arsenal - Arteta
Liverpool - Gerrard
City and Chelsea may not have that deep lying playmaker as such but they have players who feed the creative players as quickly as possible and with the like of Hazard, Oscar, Willian and Aguero, Nasri, Silva they have creativity coming out of their arses anyway. We are not blessed with that style of creativity in our ranks. We have Eriksen, Holtby, Sig and maybe Lamela when he adapts but the likes of Lennon, Townsend and Chadli are out an out wingers and they can not inter change and play them eye of a needle balls on a consistent basis like the likes of Silva, Mata, Nasri etc do. So if we are going 4-2-3-1 we need a deep lying playmaker who is going to feed Eriksen and the wingers as quickly as possible and not run around 2 players and turn back with the ball. Our problem is we are to predictable and the slow pace football we play gives teams time to reshape and build the wall we struggle to break every week. With Modric in our side it was defence to attack within seconds as he picked up the ball and looked for the attacking pass rather than the safe one. So my ideal signing and who i think will be gettable is Cabaye who i would have next to Sandro.

Sandro Cabaye

Lamela Holtby Eriksen

Soldado​

At home that team will create havoc if let off the leash. You may say that there is no width or pace in that team but seeing as though our wingers cut in rather than cross there will not be much difference and with Walker and Rose on either side the width will come from them anyway.

Away from home you could go with the 3 in the middle of the park and have Townsend and Lennon on the wings for the counter attacking game.

Sandro Dembele

Cabaye

Lennon ------ Townsend

Ade​

So yeah my pick would be Cabaye and i think he would cost £20m at the most.

Tottenham are looking at strengthening their forward line by considering a £30m move for Fiorentina's former Manchester United striker Giuseppe Rossi, 26.

Full story: Daily Express

Not sure about the price.

Tottenham are looking at strengthening their forward line by considering a £30m move for Fiorentina's former Manchester United striker Giuseppe Rossi, 26.

Full story: Daily Express

Not sure about the price.

He'd be worth it.

Not well up with Italian fooball these days. I thought he had had a long term injury, is he getting back to form?

Made a proper return this season and so far has 12 goals in 14 games, including a memorable hattrick against Juventus. I mean he's still only 26, could say coming up to his prime years, I think he would certainly be worth the punt. £30,000,000 is a lot of money for sure, especially for someone who HAS been out with the injury he has, but he works hard, is an incredible finisher and I think he'd be very well suited to our team.

Would feel like a slap in the face of Soldado though.

I can't see it happening, unless we are going to go 4-4-2. Why would the club admit to making a very expensive mistake, in the purchase of Soldado, so quickly?

We would be writing off the cost of Soldado & spending £30m on Rossi at the same time. There is no club who would pay anywhere near £20m for Soldado now, let alone when they realise that he's not first choice.

I can't see it happening, unless we are going to go 4-4-2. Why would the club admit to making a very expensive mistake, in the purchase of Soldado, so quickly?

We would be writing off the cost of Soldado & spending £30m on Rossi at the same time. There is no club who would pay anywhere near £20m for Soldado now, let alone when they realise that he's not first choice.

I think he also played as an inside forward for Villarreal so there is scope for having both him and Soldado in the team. If he has come back to the same player he was in Spain then I think it is worth a gamble.

Rossi dreams of playing in the World Cup. That is one of the primary reasons he moves to Italy - so that the Italian manager can look at him more easily/frequently. I don't think he will move this winter.

Watching the World Cup Draw on TV, the pundits suggested that Pirlo is injured... out for the season (to the extent that he is doubtful for Brazil). No idea how true that is, but that's the info that Lineker had.

Don't think I'd choose him anyway (not that I wouldn't like him at Spurs, but he wouldn't be my first choice). Personally I'd still like to see us get Coentrao. He would solve the left-back position allowing Vertonghen to move back infield where he belongs. Rose would be an able back-up, but Coentrao is (in my view) in the top 4 or 5 left backs in the world and offers a huge amount going forward too... finally we'd have someone who would regularly get the ball into the box and release Soldado's potential.

As for him being "gettable"... I don't know that for sure, but a lot of people seemed to think that was the case during the summer. So who knows?

Pirlo is out for round about a month. He will be fit for the World Cup and no doubt will run the game against England like he did before. I still remember that beautiful chipped penalty against Hart and the words he uttered towards him afterwards. What a player.

Hernanes would be perfect for the deep-lying playmaker role, as well as being creative and pitching in with the odd goal here and there he's also of a decent stature and so would not have much of a problem with the physical demand that that role requires.

Banega is another i'd like, but would be a bit of a gamble, highly gifted no doubt but has been somewhat hit and miss in the last few seasons.

All that said, i doubt AVB is looking to strengthen the central roles just yet.

Back