• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham vs West Ham ***

Exactly. No doubt there will be a next 10 games thread after the North London derby, "we'll get 3 points here and 1 there" etc. Pointless!

There were so many threads along this line for last season with everyone trying to work out what points total we would get - look where that got us!!

I'm off to Sandcastle Park for the first time in years tonight. Few post-work beers in the Wharf before the match, quick dash along that sh!thole of a high street, CAN'T WAIT!!

Tough game... obviously... it's once more Canning Town Bingo Club's cup final. So, what with the Bobby Moore stuff added to this, I think we can well expect them to be fired up for this one - fans and players.

And literally we couldn't have any more incentive to win. Cheatski are in our sights now, but the Scum won, and the NLD next week... great chance to put a big statement down. Agree with it doesn't matter how we play really - as long as we WIN.

I think Dawson needs to start this match - we all know the game that Fat Sam's teams play... massively reliant on crosses, and set-pieces... we'll need his leadership, organisation, and most importantly aerial ability. He usually does well against Caroll so hope it continues (not seen their team news - is Carroll even fit??). I wonder how West Ham's style will influence AVB's thinking... he's often played Caulker against these type of sides... personally I'd play Verts.

(incidentally I also think that this same reason means both Dempsey and Ade starting is nailed on - both needed on setpieces).

If we defend well, we'll be alright though. Cos they need to worry about us mostly... Bale and Lennon play well we can rip apart their defense. A few of the Hammers fans i know are very worried about this... especially their lack of pace at CB and semi-donkeys like Collins...

Hopefully, it'll be a repeat of the WHL game... we were by far the better team that match... however, I think it'll be far closer tonigh.

The team I'd pick is:

-------------------- Lloris ----------------------

-- Walker ---- Dawson --- Vertonghen --- BAE --

-------------- Dembele --- Parker ---------------

-------------------- Holtby ---------------------

---- Lennon ------ Adebayor ------- Bale --------

(but as I said I reckon Dempsey will start instead of Holtby....... )

Right, I'm gonna smash into 2-1 Spurs , Bale & Ade with the goals.

COYS

More nervous about this game than the NLD.

Probably because 3rd is in our hands and the fact that this is a tougher game.

Tougher than playing the filth? Not for me.

If we get an early goal tonight it could be a ROUT. I predict they will park the bus and hoof it - Big Sam style. We need them to attack us,if they do,we will annihilate them on the counter I'm sure of it.

When it comes to North London Derbies I feel that form goes out the window. Players will up there game for both sides. They will be open, you've seen there defence, you wouldn't put a bet on either team to win because well it can go either way.

The game tonight will no doubt be West Ham putting 10 men behind the ball and see us frustrated for 90 minutes. They will know that we find it difficult to break that down and we'll hit a few pot shots from distance, whip some balls into the box that will be dealt with easily etc like you say, it's THERE cup final.

When it comes to North London Derbies I feel that form goes out the window. Players will up there game for both sides. They will be open, you've seen there defence, you wouldn't put a bet on either team to win because well it can go either way.

The game tonight will no doubt be West Ham putting 10 men behind the ball and see us frustrated for 90 minutes. They will know that we find it difficult to break that down and we'll hit a few pot shots from distance, whip some balls into the box that will be dealt with easily etc like you say, it's THERE cup final.

Early goal,son - early goal :)

Hopefully!

That's definitely important. Goalless at half time and I'll start to worry.

This

We can't keep getting away with not creating anything and someone popping up with a bit of magic to win it. Early goal and I think we could ruin them, goalless first half or GHod forbid they pinch one and we'll struggle to get the points.

The hammers I know think we will tear them a new one - they can't even be bothered with blind optimism anymore when it comes to this game :)

It annoys me that I'm annoyed by that error, life would be much more easy going if I didn't find it so, but I don't understand how it is such a common mistake, and ironically you've put it in caps haha.

IMO Parker doesnt merit starting,stays well away from the attacking third

If only.

Parker, no matter if it was with Modric or Dembele, does not stay well away from the attacking third. This is arguably his biggest problem. He has the action jack, box to box, must try hard and do everything mentality... It was great at West Ham because he scored goals, created things, was a one man army. At Spurs it doesn't work because in the past it meant Modric had to stay back while Parker went forward and currently means Dembele has to stay back when Parker goes forward.

Don't get me wrong, Sandro is partial to charging past people and/or attempting a long range shot... But one of Sandro's best qualities is his tactical understanding of his position. That's actually one of the things last year's dreaded Sandro + Parker combination messed up. But Sandro will sit and let the other CM go forward when we are building up play with passes.

Parker's effort is commendable but he seems to be trying so hard that he ends up trying to do everything. He doesn't have the mentality of "ok, I've done my job thus far, I'll stay back here, help move the ball around if needed but ultimately sacrifice myself offensively in order to give Modric/Dembele/etc the chance to be further forward."

When AVB was at Chelsea I remember people talking about him being big on positional play... I remember it because it was apparently a negative, despite Guardiola being fudging insane on positional play... Anyway, if AVB is so big on positional play, I'm not sure why he wouldn't have tried to get Parker to sit more rather than be the one of the two that goes forward more often than not.

That said, I am oversimplifying this. But I'd be more than happy if Parker did stay away from the attacking third a bit more if it allowed a better suited player to be there instead.

It annoys me that I'm annoyed by that error, life would be much more easy going if I didn't find it so, but I don't understand how it is such a common mistake, and ironically you've put it in caps haha.

force of habit really. I use there a lot more than their ;)

Back