• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham vs West Ham ***

Spurs record at Upton Park during the Premier League Era...

P0177_zpsaa4db87d.png

Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United Match Records 1898 to 2013

I remember that 0-0. Green had an absolute blinder, pushed a cracking Bale free kick onto the bar!!

We're like a 3 point shooting Basketball team.

Thats exactly it at times. There has been a lot of games where you'd see the stats and say Spurs dominated but in reality we just shoot on sight at almost every opportunity. The only players that seem to want to be in the box are Dempsey and Defoe.

If only.

Parker, no matter if it was with Modric or Dembele, does not stay well away from the attacking third. This is arguably his biggest problem. He has the action jack, box to box, must try hard and do everything mentality... It was great at West Ham because he scored goals, created things, was a one man army. At Spurs it doesn't work because in the past it meant Modric had to stay back while Parker went forward and currently means Dembele has to stay back when Parker goes forward.

Don't get me wrong, Sandro is partial to charging past people and/or attempting a long range shot... But one of Sandro's best qualities is his tactical understanding of his position. That's actually one of the things last year's dreaded Sandro + Parker combination messed up. But Sandro will sit and let the other CM go forward when we are building up play with passes.

Parker's effort is commendable but he seems to be trying so hard that he ends up trying to do everything. He doesn't have the mentality of "ok, I've done my job thus far, I'll stay back here, help move the ball around if needed but ultimately sacrifice myself offensively in order to give Modric/Dembele/etc the chance to be further forward."

When AVB was at Chelsea I remember people talking about him being big on positional play... I remember it because it was apparently a negative, despite Guardiola being fudging insane on positional play... Anyway, if AVB is so big on positional play, I'm not sure why he wouldn't have tried to get Parker to sit more rather than be the one of the two that goes forward more often than not.

That said, I am oversimplifying this. But I'd be more than happy if Parker did stay away from the attacking third a bit more if it allowed a better suited player to be there instead.

On the money. Sandro's awareness of space/position is excellent. Scotty brings the battle but cannot hold strong. It's no mistake that when AVB wanted to send the FBs up in Lyon, he brought Livermore on to it back there in front of the CBs to sit deeper...

It will be ugly tonight, like QPR style, but we will nick it. Hope no one gets clogged by Fat Sam's tic tacs...

Seems that WHU have prepared a 6th minute, during the game, appreciation towards Bobby Moore.
Also are going to be holding cards in the air. (Not sure what it'll display..)

Also heard rumours that Mark Noble will be out of the game. Good news for us IMO. He's always impressed me every time i've seen him play.

Thats exactly it at times. There has been a lot of games where you'd see the stats and say Spurs dominated but in reality we just shoot on sight at almost every opportunity. The only players that seem to want to be in the box are Dempsey and Defoe.

And so we should tonight with old butterfingers Jaaskelainen in goal...I hope the players have been instructed to take pop shots because it'll reap rewards...

If only.

Parker, no matter if it was with Modric or Dembele, does not stay well away from the attacking third. This is arguably his biggest problem. He has the action jack, box to box, must try hard and do everything mentality... It was great at West Ham because he scored goals, created things, was a one man army. At Spurs it doesn't work because in the past it meant Modric had to stay back while Parker went forward and currently means Dembele has to stay back when Parker goes forward.

Don't get me wrong, Sandro is partial to charging past people and/or attempting a long range shot... But one of Sandro's best qualities is his tactical understanding of his position. That's actually one of the things last year's dreaded Sandro + Parker combination messed up. But Sandro will sit and let the other CM go forward when we are building up play with passes.

Parker's effort is commendable but he seems to be trying so hard that he ends up trying to do everything. He doesn't have the mentality of "ok, I've done my job thus far, I'll stay back here, help move the ball around if needed but ultimately sacrifice myself offensively in order to give Modric/Dembele/etc the chance to be further forward."

When AVB was at Chelsea I remember people talking about him being big on positional play... I remember it because it was apparently a negative, despite Guardiola being fudging insane on positional play... Anyway, if AVB is so big on positional play, I'm not sure why he wouldn't have tried to get Parker to sit more rather than be the one of the two that goes forward more often than not.

That said, I am oversimplifying this. But I'd be more than happy if Parker did stay away from the attacking third a bit more if it allowed a better suited player to be there instead.

Disagree. Parker knows when to sit and when to go forwards probably better than Sandro. Sandro's tactical awareness was one of his biggest failings when he first arrived here. It has massively improved but still has a way to go. Anyone remember a couple of years back Sandro storming forward against Chelsea and Harry demanding he "sit" (he then scored a screamer)? Sandro also did it last season against Chelsea and in the 5-2 at the Emirates. Its an emotional issue during games when you're behind as much as anything.

Parker's passing has been poor recently but I think his positioning is pretty steady. It certainly worked when paired with Modric or did I miss something during that 3-4 month purple patch last year when we were playing the best football I'd seen in 20 years at Spurs?

Back