• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Stoke

Just remember Eriksen and Lamela both still qualify as U21s. Both will grow into their roles in our team. Celebrate what they already have in their game, not over critical about what they still need to develop.

Good point. I actually thought Lamela was below average today in the few minutes he had, but you're right he is still a kid.

Today was all about Dembele, Paulinho and that man Adebayor, tremendous performance from the sulky King of Togo

Good point. I actually thought Lamela was below average today in the few minutes he had, but you're right he is still a kid.

Today was all about Dembele, Paulinho and that man Adebayor, tremendous performance from the sulky King of Togo

Lamela started well and was making a lot of options, always showing for the ball. I do think Ade coulda let the kid off because both times Lamela was justified in his choice, then Ade went all selfish 3 minutes later when Lamela was sprinting into space. He definately tailed off after we went 433 but then I don't think anyone was really pushing at that point

Lamela started well and was making a lot of options, always showing for the ball. I do think Ade coulda let the kid off because both times Lamela was justified in his choice, then Ade went all selfish 3 minutes later when Lamela was sprinting into space. He definately tailed off after we went 433 but then I don't think anyone was really pushing at that point

i did think ade was being a bit harsh on lamela as well - seems like he was moaning at him constantly in regards to his decision making. really want to see lamela get more game time - there was a period for about five minutes where I thought he was looking really good -

in regards to lightweight players - does anyone remember when modric first played with us? continually getting out muscled by everyone - give these guys some time - the premiership is a completely different kettle of fish to the leagues that these guys have played in before. stoke are a team not known for their finesse.

Result (Possession)2012/132013/14
Stoke (h)0-0 (57:43%)3-0 (68:32%)
WBA (h)1-1 (50:50%)1-1 (64:36%)

No Bale but still more points, more goals and more possession... Sherwood > AVB :-k

Apart from the obvious win, I liked to see Erik L putting it about and finding his 'physical feet'. And Paulhinio...?(doubters)... what a player.

Lovely watch today, I think Sherwood is a much better cultural fit for this club than the previous manager, and that should ensure our home form is strong.

We played well, but as Sherwood acknowledges with our talent we should beating Stoke with injuries illness and suspensions galore. I want to see us be consistent at home and away from home - going on the sort of run we had in the second half of last season, and then I will really be on the bandwagon.

His style is also a bit more Dortmund than it is Barca, and in his conversations with Levy where he talked about 'where the game is going' I wonder if he was of the opinion that the tika taka era was moving on to a quicker tempo era and especially in the Premier League, we can't always try and control it. I always thought Klopp would suit the PL down to the ground and if Sherwood sees himself setting up the team in a sort of Emirates Marketing Project one touch/Southampton press/Dortmund wave kind of way then he should do well for us.

To play devils advocate, would Dembele have been in the position to score had Paulinho still been on the pitch?? He was generally deeper for most the game but was freed up with the introduction of Capoue. That middle area is a damn conundrum for our coaching team

Incredible, really that we are only three points off fourth at the end of the first half of the season. Also, amazing that Liverpool and Everton have had "incredible" starts to the season, while we have had "nightmare" starts, and that they are only one 2 and 3 points ahead of us. So much football left to play. COYS.

Good game, great result. We were never really troubled, and should have wrapped the game up much earlier. Soldado's crisis of confidence continues (penalty aside), but other than that it was a great game with us getting into the box repeatedly and causing them all kinds of trouble when running directly at their backpedalling back line. A few of our players still made errors when on the ball (ignoring better placed players in favour of the easy ball or long shot) but that should improve with time. Funnily enough, at 2-0 it seemed like AVB's idea of a perfect game: a goal from a penalty, a goal from a long shot and 70 percent possession. :p Still, glad to see Tim's team give the Lane a bit of life, and long may it continue. Good show, lads.

Onwards and upwards.

Our best performance of the season and good to watch as well. We did not have a weak player on the pitch. Dembele's best game in a Spurs shirt for me. Did Sherwood have a word in his ear about not hanging on to the ball for too long? Still let's not get too carried away. Stoke were the worst team I have seen play this season, by some considerable distance. The real test will come at Old Trafford!

Incredible, really that we are only three points off fourth at the end of the first half of the season. Also, amazing that Liverpool and Everton have had "incredible" starts to the season, while we have had "nightmare" starts, and that they are only one 2 and 3 points ahead of us. So much football left to play. COYS.

Very true, and this is with Liverpool and Everton not really having sustained dips in form yet like we've suffered - a consistent run of poor results against teams they should be beating. They've both had the odd hiccup, but considering we should be a lot stronger in the new year with our signings it really isn't beyond there realms that we can't get 4th. We have better, and deeper, squads. We just need a player determined to drag us to the line like Suarez and Lukaku, and maybe Ade can be that man in all his point proving glory.

But we're still to see Soldado do what he can do, ditto Paulinho. Lamela will be on an upward curve I'm sure. There's reasons to be confident.

Thats what I have been thinking for a few games. If we had beaten just one of West Ham or Saudi Sportswashing Machine we would be 4th now. Would we then have had a brilliant start to the season like Everton and Liverpool?

The press are having a love in with Liverpool and Everton at the moment and long may it last, let the pressure build on them, although I have written this season off (because I just dont know what to expect with Tim in charge) I would love it if we sneaked into 4th.

Our best performance of the season and good to watch as well. We did not have a weak player on the pitch. Dembele's best game in a Spurs shirt for me. Did Sherwood have a word in his ear about not hanging on to the ball for too long? Still let's not get too carried away. Stoke were the worst team I have seen play this season, by some considerable distance. The real test will come at Old Trafford!

I think his general message has been to get the ball forward quickly and not hang on to it too long, Dembele is just noticeably different in that regard.

Solid performance. I am happy especially with everyone's keep passing and moving , its simple but effective. Nothing phenomenon but still joy to watch.

Hopefully only a matter of time before Soldado starts banging them in what with all the chances he's finally getting...

@FourFourTwo: #THFC 3-0 #SCFC Total domination from Spurs today, a no contest in terms of shots on goal: http://fft.sm/1d0RbJG
Bcq7M_HCYAEeE-z.png

Stoke we're no threat, but we got the all important goals. I think Sherwood is using the players well and wisely. Now the real test v manyoo ...

Nice to see all our Magnificent Seven summer signings getting game time today.

Great result - just the boost we need heading up to Old Trafford.

Back