• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Stoke

I know he doesnt fancy playing LB, but I think it has to be Walker-Dawson-Caulker-Vertonghen against Stoke. Benny can return for Sunderland

Massive massive game. Ultimate must-win and I feel we will do it...late 2-1 Bale 88min winner

We have scored in every single away EPL game this season except one. Guess which team?

A total of 35 goals scored away which is an average of 2 a game. Maybe Statto can tell us when we scored as many? Only United have scored more (36)

So I will repeat what I said in the Soton OMT and hope for the same outcome..a clean sheet, a clean sheet..my kingdom for a clean sheet!

Edit: We played 9 cup games away and scored in all except Lazio.

Spurs have already set a new Premier League club record for away goals scored this season going into our last away game of the season at Stoke City tomorrow...

P0265_zpsa4cba932.png

...Spurs have also set a new club PL away points record (31 ahead of the Stoke game) and a new away goal difference record (+8 ahead of the Stoke game).

Last edited:
Spurs have already set a new Premier League club record for away goals scored this season going into our last away game of the season at Stoke City tomorrow...

P0265_zpsa4cba932.png

...Spurs have also set a new club PL away points record (31 ahead of the Stoke game) and a new away goal difference record (+8 ahead of the Stoke game).

goodness 00-01 wasn't our brightest of campaigns was it

Only game I have been to this season , home to Stoke . The most depressing display of football by any visiting team I have seen in 30 years of watching the game. Also the first ever game I took my daughter to . Because of that we need to smash the hoofing , boring, talentless bunch of muppets back to where they belong !

We are Tottenham , super Tottenham , from the lane !

Only game I have been to this season , home to Stoke . The most depressing display of football by any visiting team I have seen in 30 years of watching the game. Also the first ever game I took my daughter to . Because of that we need to smash the hoofing , boring, talentless bunch of muppets back to where they belong !

We are Tottenham , super Tottenham , from the lane !

Went to that game. Awful day. Rainy, not even a chance from both sides. Shawcross blocked everything.

Wow. With the results today this game is now a must MUST win!!

Imagine the fear and angst that will be at the Emirates if we've won this, especially with how Wigan actually played, never mind the result....

If we have another lacklustre and laboured performance as seen against Wigan and Southampton well questions will have to be asked imo

It wasnt, and those that remember it can appreciate how far we have come

Exactly that, and why the toys should stay in the pram if we finish 5th.

Sometimes I think we need to take a step back and look at the upward trend in the graph from a distance rather than bang up close where every little minor dip is treated like a collapse.

We're not far off something special and sustainable. All those digging out Levy for not buying (any) new striker should consider that had Ade been just half as good as he was last year he'd be on almost double the goals for this season that he is now.

Yes, you might say that any fool could have predicted that Ade would have dropped off this season but I defy anyone to honestly say they'd think he'd have only got 4 goals.

So we don't need major reinforcements, just a bit more individual consistency. The lines are that fine.

A lot are pointing to the dropped points against the 'lesser' teams and that's fair enough, but lets also remember that really we're only two results short of being cemented in the top 4; the lines are that fine. For me Everton and Liverpool spring to mind, and they boil down to simply 3 or 4 individual errors... Caulker, Walker, JD and maybe BAE and Lloris.

So things are pretty rosy, we're going the right way and we're still well in the mix despite the doom and gloom.

We're not lottery winners, we are doing it the right way and we might have to be a little more patient still but right now and I'm pleased with where we are and proud of what we're doing.

Lets take another step tomorrow. Coys.

Exactly that, and why the toys should stay in the pram if we finish 5th.

Sometimes I think we need to take a step back and look at the upward trend in the graph from a distance rather than bang up close where every little minor dip is treated like a collapse.

We're not far off something special and sustainable. All those digging out Levy for not buying (any) new striker should consider that had Ade been just half as good as he was last year he'd be on almost double the goals for this season that he is now.

Yes, you might say that any fool could have predicted that Ade would have dropped off this season but I defy anyone to honestly say they'd think he'd have only got 4 goals.

So we don't need major reinforcements, just a bit more individual consistency. The lines are that fine.

A lot are pointing to the dropped points against the 'lesser' teams and that's fair enough, but lets also remember that really we're only two results short of being cemented in the top 4; the lines are that fine. For me Everton and Liverpool spring to mind, and they boil down to simply 3 or 4 individual errors... Caulker, Walker, JD and maybe BAE and Lloris.

So things are pretty rosy, we're going the right way and we're still well in the mix despite the doom and gloom.

We're not lottery winners, we are doing it the right way and we might have to be a little more patient still but right now and I'm pleased with where we are and proud of what we're doing.

Lets take another step tomorrow. Coys.

Great post. Totally agree, bit by bit, season by season we're getting more established

Wow. With the results today this game is now a must MUST win!!

Imagine the fear and angst that will be at the Emirates if we've won this, especially with how Wigan actually played, never mind the result....

If we have another lacklustre and laboured performance as seen against Wigan and Southampton well questions will have to be asked imo

Agree, 2nd of the 3 cup finals in succession. So much at stake for the club, if the players cant 'get up' for a match with such importance, as you point out, questons should be asked.

I may explode if we concede from another corner.

Tell me about it! I still believe nobody has given a good explanation yet as to why we have our 'aerial ball magnet' (aka Dawson) in the team and we are still condeding more from set-pices and other ncrosses into the box than we have been in recent seasons.

Perhaps i've missed the explanation?:-k

Anyone?

Tell me about it! I still believe nobody has given a good explanation yet as to why we have our 'aerial ball magnet' (aka Dawson) in the team and we are still condeding more from set-pices and other ncrosses into the box than we have been in recent seasons.

Perhaps i've missed the explanation?:-k

Anyone?

I don't know. Dawson's good at clearing hoofballs from the other team, but not so good at marking. And neither are quite a few other players as well by the looks of things.

Back