• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham vs Sheffield United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought it was clear
Counter attacking football
But yet again with pub defending (a spurs tradition) it’s nigh on impossible
And he started today with a very attacking line up
The squad is fundamentally flawed. Loads of number 10s but 1 number 9
Loads of centre backs but no full backs
Not own traditional DM
It’s really odd
So your juggling pieces to try to get some cohesion
It worked vs West Ham and we had so much do the ball today it should have worked
But no manager has ever managed to fix the defensive brain farts at spurs ... at least not quickly and without buying players.
I’ve said it a million times... the full backs we have are inferior to Norwich’s as they cannot defend. It’s basics but it’s also criminally bad
Counter attacking football relies on a strong defence. Our weakest 5 positions are RB, CH, CH, LB & DM. If Mourinho’s tactic is to play counter attack football then we need 5 new signings.... and that’s before you look how bad our actual counter attacking is.

Last edited:
Sissoko
Please tell me I’m not the only one who saw him kick the ball out for a corner for the with a back pass form the half way line?!?!

You're not. I did, too. No pressure on him either - nobody within 5 yards of him, all it needed was control and then pass back to Sanchez...and he fudging whallops it half a mile into touch, giving *them* a corner.

One of the most brick moments of an utterly brick game from him.

Winks and Lo Celso to me looked like a potential pairing as both can pass
But no one else ever agreed
Winks has the positional awareness of a nat! He's shown his "skills" in that departement only just recently vs united, and plenty of times before that. He simply isn't good enough. He's average at most things, but certainly not the level we need in that position. Squad player at best.

The squad really isn’t that good
We have own decent full back and he has been binned
We have no traditional DM
We have one left footed CB
We have no second striker
We as fans see names and get excited but the balance is so far wrong it’s scary
I said these exact things when people were saying we had the 3rd best squad in the country and just needed a good manager like Mourinho to organise us.

Sissoko
Please tell me I’m not the only one who saw him kick the ball out for a corner for the with a back pass form the half way line?!?!

It was laughable. I'm amazed Scara hasn't been on here lambasting him for it but maybe he's still in shock.

As has been said a million times, Sissoko is absolute toss on the ball. He looks awkward because he is awkward and he's just an athlete in a footballer's job. He does bring a bit to the party in terms of his effort and physicality and he was far from our worst player tonight but if he's starting in our team, we're fudged.

It was laughable. I'm amazed Scara hasn't been on here lambasting him for it but maybe he's still in shock.

As has been said a million times, Sissoko is absolute toss on the ball. He looks awkward because he is awkward and he's just an athlete in a footballer's job. He does bring a bit to the party in terms of his effort and physicality and he was far from our worst player tonight but if he's starting in our team, we're fudged.

athleticism is important in athletics

Sissoko isn't there to pass. I don't rate him but he was far from our worst performer tonight. We lack creativity in the final third and we lack balance throughout the team.
I thought he was perhaps our best player (him or Bergwijn). Admittedly very low bar (and yes I did see him hit a 50 yard backpass out for a corner)

Back