• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham vs Sheffield United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For what it's worth, I think that our major issues are that we don't have any obvious partnerships where you'd want them right across the team. Best CB partnership? Best central midfield pair? Best three behind Kane? Search me. We've got some good players but they don't compliment each other and we lack balance.

Very true. Three years ago our best CB pairing was Toby and Jan.

The best full back pairing was Rose and Walker.

The best CM partnership was Dembele and Wanyama.

The best combination behind Kane was Son, Alli and Eriksen.

Add to that everyone knew what they were doing. We had adequate if unspectacular backups. Not good enough to win trophies but good enough to compete and challenge. We had pace, power, guile, solidity, stability on the pitch and off it and quite importantly, we had balance. We just lacked an X factor player to get us over the line, slightly better subs and a manager who got stage fright at times at crunch moments.

How many good chances did we create tonight? Were you happy with the performance? Did we look like a well balanced side?
We looked like a side being let down by errors in defence. Hugo barely made a save and neither did Henderson

they took the lead against the run of play and say back. We scored and it gets chalked off and our players seem to forget their game suddenly
We’re pegging them back in and boom another error to concede another soft goal just as we’re bringing on more attacking subs to change the dynamic.
We will never ever get anyone unless we get rid of stupid players or players who give the ball away cheaply.

You should read people's posts before replying. I don't rate him but he wasn't the problem tonight.
He wasn’t the problem at all
But I question if we need an engine when we have the ball so much
Sissoko doesn’t suit us with the ball as for him it’s like a grenade

Very true. Three years ago a bacon sandwich pairing was Toby and Jan.

The best full back pairing was Rose and Walker.

The best CM partnership was Dembele and Wanyama.

The best combination behind Kane was Son, Alli and Eriksen.

Add to that everyone knew what they were doing. We had adequate if unspectacular backups. Not good enough to win trophies but good enough to compete and challenge. We had pace, power, guile, solidity, stability on the pitch and off it and quite importantly, we had balance. We just lacked an X factor player to get us over the line, slightly better subs and a manager who got stage fright at times at crunch moments.

We need to decide on a formation and style of play and buy the best available players to fit. They don't all have to be world beaters, they just need to compliment each other.

he didn’t do enough to warrant the award, we were only a couple down when he came on, he normally wins it for us from there, can’t have him getting complacent

He walked best haircut of the match, though, right?

How many good chances did we create tonight? Were you happy with the performance? Did we look like a well balanced side?

I honestly thought we were okay if you cut out the defensive gutlessness. 3 terrible passages of play without which we come out with a 0-0 or 1-0 win.

The weakness of the goals we gave away though was shocking. fudging acres of space they had in front of our defence on the first one. Absolutely unforgivable. Then, as Sky point out, none of our lads attacking the danger area.

Sanchez fudging waddling back on the second one, Aurier in dreamland and Dier and Davies ball watching or ball scratching.

Verts and Sanchez on the last one were laughable.

Performance for me was okayish. The brainless and spineless individual mistakes were not and Jose needs to wield the axe for the offenders because they’ve habitually given up opportunities in our three games back.

I honestly thought we were okay if you cut out the defensive gutlessness. 3 terrible passages of play without which we come out with a 0-0 or 1-0 win.

The weakness of the goals we gave away though was shocking. fudging acres of space they had in front of our defence on the first one. Absolutely unforgivable. Then, as Sky point out, none of our lads attacking the danger area.

Sanchez fudging waddling back on the second one, Aurier in dreamland and Dier and Davies ball watching or ball scratching.

Verts and Sanchez on the last one were laughable.

Performance for me was okayish. The brainless and spineless individual mistakes were not and Jose needs to wield the axe for the offenders because they’ve habitually given up opportunities in our three games back.

We were awful, no imagination in the final third. We had all of the ball but no idea of what to do with it.

or he makes the decision that he’s better off keeping it than passing to one of his useless team mates

another assist for the assist tonight I believe
He also put the ball out for their corner form a back pass he made form the way way line
My 6 year old can make that pass
There is no excuse for it
It’s shockingly bad

I don't know what you can do, really.

None of these sorry pieces of brick deserve to wear the shirt, with the exceptions of Kane, Son and Lo Celso, all of whom I feel sorry for.

Years of decline since 2017 have come back to bite us in the ass, and this is the result. The decision to replace Walker with the world's worst defender in Serge Aurier was absolutely self-destructive. The refusal to buy a DM to replace Wanyama when his knees were shot, likewise. The stagnation that we endured in 2018 was unforgivable, deliberate sabotage - a more destructive decision for one's own football club is hard to find. We tried to make up for it in 2019, but this sorry bunch aren't going to change their spots with just a few transfers - they need to be thrown into the footballing dustbin and forgotten, which didn't happen.

And now we're stuck with this pathetic lot. One week look reasonably solid, playing to the manager's wishes, being switched on...and then this absolute disaster.
Sigh.

I'd genuinely stick a 'For Sale' sign on literally everyone bar Son, Kane and Lo Celso this summer. Root and branch reform, turf these born losers to League 2 or wherever their skill and meteorology levels merit, and start again.

But that won't happen. We'll get some cheap nobodies and freebies in, and call it a day, while this creature from the footballing trash can shambles on, winning once, losing five times and then making anodyne 'we'll fight for the fans' posts on the OS.
I thought at least 2 of the three you mentioned in your second sentence were diabolical today though.

He also put the ball out for their corner form a back pass he made form the way way line
My 6 year old can make that pass
There is no excuse for it
It’s shockingly bad

Lamela?

Also, if your 6 year old can kick a ball that far that’s very impressive, Hugo can’t.

Back