• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham vs Sheffield United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aurier.

Utterly brainless disaster zone of a right-back, the worst decision Poch has ever made.

Sissoko - heroically limited player, just utterly useless for that goal.

Sanchez - goes out to close his man down, gets beaten with ridiculous ease.

Dier - ball-watching, then just stares st the ground like a particularly grim statue.

Christ, and I thought this lot were solid last week.
And you missed Moura who couldn’t be arsed to track his player at the very start....

For what it's worth, I think that our major issues are that we don't have any obvious partnerships where you'd want them right across the team. Best CB partnership? Best central midfield pair? Best three behind Kane? Search me. We've got some good players but they don't compliment each other and we lack balance.

For what it's worth, I think that our major issues are that we don't have any obvious partnerships where you'd want them right across the team. Best CB partnership? Best central midfield pair? Best three behind Kane? Search me. We've got some good players but they don't compliment each other and we lack balance.
Yep
You need partnerships and pairings

It’s the same game we played against West Ham except against them we defended well enough
The reality is sissoko cannot pass to a decent level and is he then needed against teams that don’t play centrally

Sissoko isn't there to pass. I don't rate him but he was far from our worst performer tonight. We lack creativity in the final third and we lack balance throughout the team.

I think we need a plan and a direction. Jose was a short-term appt IMO, with the hope that he could conjure a reaction from this group. We shall see, perhaps he has one, but I think he is floundering as this is not the typical position from which he has managed in years gone by.

The way ENIC have us set-up, we will forever be an exciting project club for a young, hungry manager. We'd have been better off waiting for Nagelsmann, obviously hindsight is helpful, but it comes down to whether you believe a manager like Jose can do his best work at a club with our structure and attitude.

Let's be honest, we ended last season as CL finalists yet we still thought of ourselves as a club that could not afford LoCelso, Ndombele and Fernandes. We could only have two. This when we already lost/were losing, Eriksen. We always believe it is about money and remain prudent, but at a certain point you haver to behave like the big club you genuinely are. We cannot say for sure (especially with that defending) but having Fernandes in out group could well have ben the difference between motivating others within our squad and being able to maintain our style of play (and CL places) versus nothing. Last season we made 140 million from the CL was it? This coming season we will not make a penny. Would the investment have been such a gamble? I wonder.
I heard Darren Lewis on The Spurs Show podcast saying that Tottenham is the size of club that should be buying great players - like the Fernandes Yanited signed - not ‘good enough’ type players.

I’m so frustrated with us getting close to cementing a place at the top table only to throw it away because seemingly Levy wants to ‘win’ every negotiation.

Right now we are just above Burnley. Just above Burnley, a side who can’t even name nine substitutes.

Sissoko isn't there to pass. I don't rate him but he was far from our worst performer tonight. We lack creativity in the final third and we lack balance throughout the team.
He passed the ball out for a corner to them from the edge of the half way line
He made a 60 yard run to their area and shanked a simple pass as he himself
Scarily simple things he got wrong

Back