• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Lyon

I don't see AVB resting too many players tbh. Lloris will play imo. Potentially he might give Siggy a run out in place of Lennon or Holtby from the last match. We're not getting through if we rest a lot of players.

I am confidently predicting a win on Thursday. I am taking my eldest son (aka Lucky Luke) to his 9th game and his record is now 8 wins and 1 draw (and that draw was away at Middlesborough), and my youngest to his first ever Spurs game. They are both desperate to see Bale play, and Benny (for Luke) and Hugo for Josh. Me, I just want a good game, and a win please by two goals at least. If you are in the North stand lower, please mind the language... it's quite difficult to explain to a 7 year old who the clown shoe in the black is! ;)

Can you bring him to the Arsenal match please

Lyon fans seem to rate Steeeeed as their best player ...
Ahh, Steed. I forgot he was there. Is he actually a regular for them? I seem to recall him retiring from football for a while not long ago.

Anyway, if he plays I hope he will get a good reception. I liked him at Spurs. He always gave his all, and had a bit of quality as well.

It's not exactly 'resting' Lloris. It's more attempting to keep Freidel match fit.

GHod forbid that Lloris pull a hamstring when running out to sweep up leaving us with a goalkeeper who hasn't played for a decent number of weeks.

To just assume he will be fit the rest of the season would be stupid imo.

It's not exactly 'resting' Lloris. It's more attempting to keep Freidel match fit.

GHod forbid that Lloris pull a hamstring when running out to sweep up leaving us with a goalkeeper who hasn't played for a decent number of weeks.

To just assume he will be fit the rest of the season would be stupid imo.

I've said it before and I'll say it again chopping and changing 2 different keepers with completely different styles upsets the defence.
I can see Friedel getting done when the back 4 expect him to come out and sweep up behind them.
Then after 2 games and Lloris is back the defence will fudge up again not expecting Lloris's shout when he comes to punch something in the box.

I've said it before and I'll say it again chopping and changing 2 different keepers with completely different styles upsets the defence.
I can see Friedel getting done when the back 4 expect him to come out and sweep up behind them.
Then after 2 games and Lloris is back the defence will fudge up again not expecting Lloris's shout when he comes to punch something in the box.

They might get done, but as i mentioned if Lloris picks up an injury and Brad has not played for a while then we will be having far more issues than playing brad for one game.

The solution may be to get a second keeper who can sweep, but that is not a feasible option at the moment.

The only feasible option is to go with what we've got. Which is Lloris and Brad. With Brad needing the occasional match to try and keep sharp, just in case the worst happens.

Last Time We Met...

A1755_zps389d3f84.jpg

24th July 2005, Peace Cup Final, Seoul World Cup Stadium, South Korea.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-3 Tottenham Hotspur

GOALS:
Jérémy Berthod 7' (o.g.)
Robbie Keane 9' & 45'
Hatem Ben Arfa Goal 74' (pen.)

Tottenham Hotspur:

Radek Cerny

Stephen Kelly, Ledley King, Anthony Gardner, Erik Edman (Goren Bunjevcevic, 36)

Wayne Routledge, Teemu Tainio (Pedro Mendes, 45; Dean Marney 88 ), Michael Carrick, Andy Reid

Hossem Mido (Fredi Kanoute, 67), Robbie Keane (Jermain Defoe, 65)

Unused Subs: Fulop, Burch, Yeates, Davenport, Huddlestone, Lennon, El-Hamdaoui.

Olympique Lyonnais

1 Gregory Coupet

5 Claudio Roberto Cacapa (C), 12 Anthony Reveillere (Diatta 45), 3 Cristiano Cris, 23 Jeremy Berthod (Sylvain Monsoreau 52)

4 Michael Essien (Jeremy Clement 73), 7 Mahamadou Diarra (Pierre-Alain Frau 58 ), 10 Florent Malouda, 26 Benoit Pedretti

22 Sylvain Wiltord, 18 Hatem Ben Arfa

Unused Subs: 25 Joan Hartock, 30 Remy Vercoutre, 31 Francois Clerc, 11 Honorato Nilmar, 19 Karim Benzema, 9 John Carew

REPORT:

Robbie Keane's brace gave Tottenham a 3-1 win over Lyon in the final of the Peace Cup in Seoul, South Korea.

Stephen Kelly's deflected cross put Spurs 1-0 up early on and Keane headed home Mido's cross soon after.

Keane met another Mido cross at the far post to make it 3-0 after half-time, before Hatem Ben Arfa pulled one back for the French side from the spot.

Lyon boss Gerard Houllier included Chelsea target Michael Essien in his starting line-up.

Essien came off in the closing stages after an effective display in midfield.

His best moment was a 61st-minute cross for Lamine Diatta that forced a fine save from Spurs keeper Radek Cerny.

Tottenham will receive around £1,150,000 in prize money for winning the pre-season competition.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy told the club's website: "I'm absolutely delighted for Martin and the team and it's a terrific start to our season.

"It was good to see great team work and our new signings settling in and playing so well."

A1756_zpsea916ec7.jpg

Last edited:
2005 Peace Cup will always be remembered for this

[video=youtube;wy49jKmJDfE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy49jKmJDfE[/video]

They desperately need CL money so they could do without the extra games.

Looks like the Peace Cup was big money though if that sign isn't fake. $2m, would be around £1m quid. Not bad for a series of high-profile friendlies in a region we could do with getting more and more interest.

Ben Pearce @BenPearceSpurs

Brilliant moment in AVB's press conference as he corrects the interpreter who was translating his comments into French.

Back