• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Lyon

I don't see why having an excellent player in a good run of form can be a negative . Its good players that make the difference between mid table and top table. They will outshine other players on the pitch, but that's what gets you those extra goals that cross the line from nearly rans to top sides

Right, so you reckon take Dempsey out of the team - even if he is on poor form, which I disagree with, who is going to score our goals as it's only him and Bale that seem capable at the moment and you can't rely on Bale to get us out of trouble every week...

I think Holtby has looked far more dangerous as an attacking outlet and deserves a chance (last 3 games). Yes, Dempsey can be industrious but the German offers an extra edge over him, both in terms of build-up as well as movement.

In addition - I think Ade will only improve from here onwards

I think Holtby has looked far more dangerous as an attcking outlet and deserves a chance (last 3 games). Yes, Dempsey can be industrious but the German offers an extra edge over him, both in terms of build-up as well as movement

Just not in terms of goal scoring thus far, which is what we are currently lacking.

And how many has Dempsey bagged in his last 3 games?

He's been far closer to scoring that Clint and deserves a chance - remember how you felt squad rotation is vital to our success.

And how many has Dempsey bagged in his last 3 games?

He's been far closer to scoring that Clint and deserves a chance - remember how you felt squad rotation is vital to our success.

I do remember that. I still feel it is. On current form i'd try Holtby in midfield next to Parker with Dempsey in front (AM) against West Ham because Dembele isn't currently excelling.

Also partly because Dempsey is more of a goal threat than Dembele and whilst our striker isn't scoring we need as many players who can chip in as possible.

Last edited:
I don't see why having an excellent player in a good run of form can be a negative . Its good players that make the difference between mid table and top table. They will outshine other players on the pitch, but that's what gets you those extra goals that cross the line from nearly rans to top sides

Exactly. Someone has to score, does it really matter that much who does? It is more likely to be players that frequently get into those positions. And they wouldn't be able to without the rest of the team doing their job. I would find more reason to worry if we turned into a one-man show, like early Ronaldo or Taarabt.

Having an excellent player in excellent form isn't a problem. Having an excellent player in excellent form who has scored all 6 of your team's last 6 goals and who has looked the only one remotely close to scoring during those games is worrying.

2fc0bb698206b3bf811ab24.gif

Someone has to score, does it really matter that much who does? It is more likely to be players that frequently get into those positions. And they wouldn't be able to without the rest of the team doing their job.

The final word.

Some hope..

Back