• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project

Remember our game against Bolton when we got 2 penalties inside the first few minutes. VdV scored the first, then scored the second but it was ordered to be retaken because our players entered the box, then he missed the retake. Think we didn't go on to win either. clams.

We did win, but only just.It was the Toon v Arsenal 4-4/Nico last minute winner game 2-1. But..I still say had VDV's 2nd pen been allowed to stand we would have mullered them that day,as it was we ended up stuggling

I actually think Lescott has much less of a case to answer. Barry pushes him and Kaboul steps on his foot at the same time, I genuinely think he's trying to regain balance.

Balotelli however? Absolute prick. There is no way that second stamp wasn't intentional. That wasn't a natural movement. He may not have been aiming for the head but he knew exactly what he was doing. And I'm not sure if Webb saw it, I actually don't blame him if he didn't because the play had already moved on to near the halfway line by that point. He can't be looking at both at one.

Disappointed in Modric's lack of reaction. I appreciate his lack of size so he's not going to confront Balotelli but he said and did nothing.

And Huddlestone does have that streak in him, he's done it multiple times and I don't think he's been caught once has he?

I'm pretty sure Lennon had a foul throw on Sunday. I remember it because I felt shocked that a professional footballer could get the most basic thing in the game wrong. Webb obviously did nothing despite looking right at him. Their incompetence and inconsistencies are ruining enjoyment of games.

Good to see the FA take action, at least. Looking at the replay, Webb had already turned his head when Balotelli stamped on Parker, so I do believe he didn't see it. It was a schoolboy error from him to turn away from the situation so early, though.

As for the stamp, anyone who believes it is not intentional should have their heads examined. That's certainly not how anyone would move to regain their footing. I don't think Balotelli aimed for Parker's head, but the stamp was as intentional as they get, and he knew that Parker was on the ground behind him, so that's the clearest of red cards. Hopefully Whiny Manchini appeals and Balotelli gets five games out.

(and post number one, hooray :cool:)

The Football365 mailbox is full of people saying that Balotelli is just off balance and meant no intention. The main reason seems to be "Why would he want to stamp on Parker for no reason?" :D

As far as I can remember, there's absolutely nothing in the rule book about "phases of play" that commentators keep spouting. If you gain any sort of advantage from being in an offside position when the ball is played you're offside.

I was under the impression that it had been made illegal to take a check in your stride in the run up?

Thats a big fat yes Mick.

However, ref's fail to give anything for punches to the face or stamps on the head so I doubt they will ever give anything for a pause in a run up even though all are against the rules.

Am reading the city forums.. they appear to believe everyone is against them and that the media is persecuting balotelli...

I just don't get it.. if one of our players stamped on someones head i would be ashamed to call them a spur...

Yeah the Elmander one against Bolton last season. Very very silly. Not what you want to see from a Spurs player at all.

Also in a CL game against Twente or Bremen at the Lane he clearly stamped on a player, lucky to get away with it in-game and somehow he wasn't retrospectively punished. He's involved in a lot of unsavoury incidents; I remember his embarrassing dive in the 4-4 with Chelsea and him getting sent off for the England U-21s for mouthing off to a linesman.

But his thunderbolts make up for it!

Back