• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project

You are allowed to stutter your run up, but once your standing foot has been planted next to the ball you cannot slow down. IE, you can run 3 yards, slow right down, then run the remainder and take it, but you can't run all the way up, then stop and take it.

Forearm smash to the face? Nothing.
Stamp on someome's head? 4 match ban.
Call someone a black so and so? 8 match ban.

Something not right here

Obviously not condoning Suarez's comments, deserves everything he gets. Just find it incredible that a deliberate assault on someone is deemed less of a crime than calling someone names just because it's on a football field.

I wish I could find the clappy smiley, you are so right!

Forearm smash to the face? Nothing.
Stamp on someome's head? 4 match ban.
Call someone a black so and so? 8 match ban.

Something not right here

Obviously not condoning Suarez's comments, deserves everything he gets. Just find it incredible that a deliberate assault on someone is deemed less of a crime than calling someone names just because it's on a football field.

I fully agree.

I would have thought that stamping on a fellow professionals head with studded football boots is far far worse that slagging off someone. If Suarez got an 8 match ban then Balotelli should get at least a 10 match ban. In the good old days nobody would have dared to stamp on another players head as he would not have walked off the football pitch.

You are allowed to stutter your run up, but once your standing foot has been planted next to the ball you cannot slow down. IE, you can run 3 yards, slow right down, then run the remainder and take it, but you can't run all the way up, then stop and take it.

clear as mud then

Balotelli will not miss a penalty for Emirates Marketing Project. Bold statement I'd be surprised if I'm wrong on that one...He knows he's scored it before he takes it, and leaves it until the very last second to decide where to put it. Keepers would do better by not looking at him at all and just picking a way to go and closing their eyes but I'd imagine if they were to do so they'd be slaughtered by fans/press etc but imo it's the only way.

No justice for us really after the fact but some small comfort in that it adds to their problems if he is found guilty. I hope though that our players remember both of those challenges and reference is made to them in the build up to the next fixture so that we can hand out a lttle bit of our own punishment which would hopefully mean both City players having to leave the pitch for the rest of the game.

It would be fantastic if Aguero had an injury that kept him out for a large portion of the remainder of the season straight after the window slams shut too. The games with City are slowly turning into grudge matches after the results in recent years and the magnitude of the games themselves......I can really start to feel some Arsenal/Chelsea type needle with their fans.

refs will be watching both balotelli and lescott more closely from now on.
balotelli will be sure to be involved in a more controversial challenges, and lescott - he is way out of his depth at City and is an accident waiting to happen.

No excusing what balotelli done, in my view he was rotating anti-clockwise when his left foot planted near to parkers face, the natural motion would be for his right foot to continue that rotation and land somewhere ahead of his left foot. NOT project backwards in a forceful manner onto parkers head, he was aiming blind but would (due to his left foot placement) have a fair idea of what he was aiming at.

As for then taking a stride and then falling over. Shameful as it was the prelude to the 'oh i never meant anything' act. Sneaky, sly, coward, thug. The worst kind of person. i would rather a player did it and then head straight for the tunnel without waiting for the red card.

Careful though, for a bit of balance tommy should have gone here, lets not forget. Watch from 1 minute on, the funny thing is while watching what tommy was upto, take a look at all the other tackles within 5 secs, with the refs new tackle crackdown how many of these would have been red!

[video=youtube;NcF0XTy3V1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcF0XTy3V1w[/video]

After his lengthy ban I hope the coont misses one. He can then stand there arms wide open like an utter spunkbucket againt.

Remember our game against Bolton when we got 2 penalties inside the first few minutes. VdV scored the first, then scored the second but it was ordered to be retaken because our players entered the box, then he missed the retake. Think we didn't go on to win either. clams.

No need for that. Everyone got their own opinions.
I am convinced we would have won this match if Redknapp had brought on a regular goal scorer like Pavly or Kranjcar for VDV instead of Livermore. We had the momentum and was creating chances but we ran out of regular goal scorers after that.

The disappointing thing about this incident is why didn't the Spurs players protest to the ref or confront Balotelli ? Look at Modric's reaction, he is just shoving away Balotelli softly. If it had happened to teams like ManU or Arsenal, you can bet they would have surrounded the ref and confront the player until he is red carded. I always feel we are too soft in situations like these.

If you would have captured Lescott's assault on Kaboul on a CCTV camera down your local High Street, it surely would have warranted a visit from the local constabulary? As for the Balotelli stamp, how close did the blow come to hitting Parker's neck - it just does not bearing thinking about, the type of injury that could have occurred!

I have zero percent respect for either the two Emirates Marketing Project players involved in these incidents; their classless supporters (who are so far along an Egyptian river), or the lily-livered faceless cowards of the FA who yet again seem to condone this type of behaviour just because they believe that money talks!! As for Webb, please, please do not get me started!!! :mad:

Interesting question...what if someone in the cord had reported either incident to the police as a criminal act of violence?

No need for that. Everyone got their own opinions.
I am convinced we would have won this match if Redknapp had brought on a regular goal scorer like Pavly or Kranjcar for VDV instead of Livermore. We had the momentum and was creating chances but we ran out of regular goal scorers after that.

That's mighty strong talk. Who's to say Pav wouldn't have lost possession leading to a hoof into the area and a goal or penalty? Or that Krunchie would have played like he does every now and then (like an unfit fan who won a competition)?

Back