• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*OMT* - Tottenham vs. Burnley - FA Cup

Rose's goal was real good. Cracking ball from Stambouli, even better ball in by Soldado, good movement from Rose

Agree, though Stambouli's ball was gorgeous.

I've understand why players like Soldado can be so accurate hitting the target with passes/crosses but miss sitters all the time. :-k

Onomah about to come on. I am so ****ed this isn't on live. I really wanted to see him play properly. Not highlights where he might not even feature. Idiots. Grrrrrr

This is another complaint I have about Andros Townsend. Have you ever seen him get a chance inside the penalty area?

good point. No actually. If he could get in the box when the ball is on the other side of the pitch it might help him. I think he tends to hang around outside the box as he believes in his long range shooting. He does have it in his locker, but rarely seems to pull it out.

He just needs too much time. You are right, in space and no pressure he can pick out a pass. But with the speed of the premiership he has to take things quick and its his downfall. He needs to go back to a slower league. La liga or Serie A and he would maybe start to do really well again.

Has to be a confidence thing as well though. IIRC he came to us with a reputation for instinctively getting on the end of things. The suggestion was if he has too much time to think he doesn't score.

Pah!

This is another complaint I have about Andros Townsend. Have you ever seen him get a chance inside the penalty area?
Almost never. It's just ridiculously bad:

Townsend.png

Rose's goal was real good. Cracking ball from Stambouli, even better ball in by Soldado, good movement from Rose

Was just going to post that. He created the chance with a sweet ball from midfield, Soldado too with the movement and cross. It shows Soldado finishing issues are in his head, as he can lay it on a plate when its an assist.

Back