• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Vs Aston Villa

Saudi Sportswashing Machine should be good opponents to build upon this performance. They'll give us space and chances, our defensive players can have another game where there's a bit of pressure but nothing that they can't handle if they are playing at least 6/10

Assuming our starting 11 isn't wrecked my the International fixtures!

Agree with the MOTM
Tanguy was our weakest link though
He does step overs when he had space to run
He under hit passes
He just wasn’t effective and went backwards

We were close to winning 4-1. Kane, Son, Ndombele, LeCelco had decent openings to score. None managed to convert. (Great that we did win when neither of Son or Kane registered). We had 17 shots. Ndombele was key to moving the ball forward rapidly. It made us hard to play against. Villa defended well to keep the score down.

Ndombeles slalom into the box and shot was world class. He can finish better and playing him more in this position he’ll settle.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

When has a Nuno team ever played attractive football?
Why do you think at this point in his career that suddenly he needs a few games to get an attractive system of playing football going?
You're such a negative anchor, dragging us down, down, down.

Wolves were attractive before Jimenez got injured, with Jota and co. supplying.
Also I think Sevilla and/or Porto but I didn't see that.

We were close to winning 4-1. Kane, Son, Ndombele, LeCelco had decent openings to score. None managed to convert. (Great that we did win when neither of Son or Kane registered). We had 17 shots. Ndombele was key to moving the ball forward rapidly. It made us hard to play against. Villa defended well to keep the score down.

Ndombeles slalom into the box and shot was world class. He can finish better and playing him more in this position he’ll settle.

It was very good play by him
It was the only high quality play by him

He was far from key to moving the ball forward rapidly. Anytime he did move the ball forward it went to a Villa player.
The only thing that he did was his run into the box, great skill, and then he finished it off with a weak shot.
He needs to be doing a lot more, especially with the ability he has.

You're such a negative anchor, dragging us down, down, down.

Wolves were attractive before Jimenez got injured, with Jota and co. supplying.
Also I think Sevilla and/or Porto but I didn't see that.

I was chatting with a Wolves ST holder before our game against the gooners and we naturally got to talking about Nuno. He was very complimentary of his first couple of seasons, saying it was entertaining to watch, albeit very much counter-attacking, but not from sitting deep. Jimenez getting injured, along with a bit of staleness, led to a less successful/enjoyable final season, from his perspective.
We’ve just got to give Nuno time. If it’s a rebuild we need, which I think everyone agrees it is, then it’s unfortunately going to be a slow process. But there are already good signs with Romero, Royal and Gil that the rebuild is underway. Whether Nuno is the right man to oversee that remains to be seen, but we have to give him time to get it wrong as long as he ultimately gets it right.

Tbh we underestimated them. I think (well I hope) that match will be by far the hardest of the group games
It was fans on here that underestimated them complaining we didn’t just play the kids, it always amazes me the amount of experts we have on here announcing who should be playing and why the manager doesn’t know anything. Nuno picked a strong side, he knew it was a tough game - it was makeshift because of injuries etc…..

Back