• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Vs Aston Villa

MOTD had the xg pretty even at about 1.5 each. Not sure I understand that at all, apart from the 2 goals we scored (1 being a tap in so surely high xg?), we had 2 one on ones with the keeper in the 2nd half and Lo Celso’s effort cleared by Mings.

Apart from their goal I can only think of Ings’ chance that would have registered anything really for them?

Strange stuff this xg, I’m not fully on board with it yet.

Last edited:
MOTD had the xg pretty even at about 1.5 each. Not sure I understand that at all, apart from the 2 goals we scored (1 being a tap in so surely high xg?), we had 2 one on ones with the keeper in the 2nd half and Lo Celso’s effort cleared by Mings.

Apart from their goal I can only think of Ings’ chance that would have registered anything really for them?

Dunno which figures MotD use but seems there are many ways to skin a stat…

upload_2021-10-4_0-4-48.jpeg
upload_2021-10-4_0-4-59.png

Usually like your posts but not having that. He was exceptionally good today.
Fair comment, please see the pics i posted in the Dier thread.
I think he is an OK CB but below PL average standard in decision making and mobility.
He looks better because of Romero, but I believe that we won't see Romero's full potential until we get a better partner for him.

The OG wouldn't even register on XG statistics, as shown on one of the graphics in a post above. That's despite the fact that Lucas would have tapped it in from a yard if the defender didn't get a toe there first.

It's a ridiculous quirk of XG that an attacking player actually has to have a shot for anything to register. A player could dribble around the keeper and be facing an empty net, but if he trips over the ball and fails to get the shot off nothing will register.

Says a lot about how good our centre forward is when there's not a mention of that truly ridiculous backheel for GLC.
Ridiculous back heel. Tracked back at times as expected. Won more physical duels than he has in recent weeks. Got into some goalscoring positions. Tested the goalie from the half way line. Part of what was clearly a better pressing structure (though still some way to go). Some good clean strikes (again).

Just needs a goal or two. That will come, that always comes.

Ridiculous back heel. Tracked back at times as expected. Won more physical duels than he has in recent weeks. Got into some goalscoring positions. Tested the goalie from the half way line. Part of what was clearly a better pressing structure (though still some way to go). Some good clean strikes (again).

He is trying too hard to score
Be nice for it to come together vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine to build upon against spam and United

The OG wouldn't even register on XG statistics, as shown on one of the graphics in a post above. That's despite the fact that Lucas would have tapped it in from a yard if the defender didn't get a toe there first.

It's a ridiculous quirk of XG that an attacking player actually has to have a shot for anything to register. A player could dribble around the keeper and be facing an empty net, but if he trips over the ball and fails to get the shot off nothing will register.
I wouldn't say its a quirk, I'd say it was a major flaw

Pretty sure own goals count as zero on xG, so you could really add +1 to our xG as Lucas was fairly certain to score.

He is trying too hard to score
Be nice for it to come together vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine to build upon against spam and United
He's always trying hard to score. I love that he's shooting from "impossible" situations again.

To me he looks settled when striking the ball, gets good strikes off, just some fine margins going against him.

Goals will come.

Thought he was looking more like his old self yesterday, some of it may have been because as a team we we were better but he also looked a bit sharper.

Yeah, people skin Ndombele, but Lo Celso gets a free pass. Ridiculous skill from Kane, leaving it on a silver plate for Lo Celso, and he missed it with a very tame effort.
Has to score there!
Don't worry give it a few weeks and GLC will be receiving the brunt of the excessive hard critique. Just look through the GLC thread and you will see it, only a few weeks ago even.

Back