• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Vs Aston Villa

My analysis from today:

1) Romero was head and shoulders our best defender. Read everything, great tackles, great timing on things (except late tackle where they scored but wasn't at fault), just brilliant - probably my MotM

2) Son will get MotM and not harsh if so, was the world class difference despite Romero being the reason we didn't concede more

3) Royal our second best defender. Great going forward and diligent at the back

4) should have scored at least 4 goals. Shouldn't have been as nervy as it was - poor finishing and Martinez was great

5) Kane... Another game no goal... Played better but had chances he should have scored and didn't. Worrying now it's a trend.

6) Ndombele I just can't understand. The talent this guy has is insane and you'd want him in your team every game. But from the 50th minute he was clearly on his arse. No idea why Nuno left it to the 75th to take him off, was a passenger for majority of second half. I'd rather Lo Celso personally, Tanguy will set fire to any other league in Europe but he won't cut it in PL IMO

7) atmosphere was pretty poor, which I get given how brick we've been but it's disappointing as it really can make the difference with the new stadium - noise levels are class if we get it going

8) the Villa goal, it was nervy. They didn't have much but in second half they had a few attacks and suddenly you could just sense they'd score, they probably smelt the blood in the air themselves and obvs it happened soon after. Could see it coming we just kinda, panicked

9) I never understood PEH getting slated. It helps to have midfielders and he was alone in the middle Vs Arsenal. No one would look good out of that. Watch him on the pitch he marshals loads of things, so vocal.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

My analysis from today:

1) Romero was head and shoulders our best defender. Read everything, great tackles, great timing on things (except late tackle where they scored but wasn't at fault), just brilliant - probably my MotM

2) Son will get MotM and not harsh if so, was the world class difference despite Romero being the reason we didn't concede more

4) should have scored at least 4 goals. Shouldn't have been as nervy as it was - poor finishing and Martinez was great

5) Kane... Another game no goal... Played better but had chances he should have scored and didn't. Worrying now it's a trend.

6) Ndombele I just can't understand. The talent this guy has is insane and you'd want him in your team every game. But from the 50th minute he was clearly on his arse. No idea why Nuno left it to the 75th to take him off, was a passenger for majority of second half. I'd rather Lo Celso personally, Tanguy will set fire to any other league in Europe but he won't cut it in PL IMO

7) atmosphere was pretty poor, which I get given how brick we've been but it's disappointing as it really can make the difference with the new stadium - noise levels are class if we get it going

8) the Villa goal, it was nervy. They didn't have much but in second half they had a few attacks and suddenly you could just sense they'd score, they probably smelt the blood in the air themselves and obvs it happened soon after. Could see it coming we just kinda, panicked

9) I never understood PEH getting slated. It helps to have midfielders and he was alone in the middle Vs Arsenal. No one would look good out of that. Watch him on the pitch he marshals loads of things, so vocal.

Agree with all that. I’d add I think something has changed in Son recently, he looks like he is the main man now and wants to shoulder that responsibility in the way Kane used to.

Romero and Royal look the business to me. And as for PEH I think what he offers offensively is underrated….

My analysis from today:

Peh did the spoiling job very very well
And his goal was a quality finish
I thought he was excellent
It was a really strong effort from him
Loved his skills at the end also to win the corners

Tbh we underestimated them. I think (well I hope) that match will be by far the hardest of the group games

It will be. The side were written off by many on here but are a strong opponent and work well as a team with a couple of outstanding individuals. Yet everyone was saying that they were awful as they had started the season badly.

My analysis from today:

The atmosphere sounded good from the South Stand.

I just watched the game on hdmatches dot net and we were excellent. Villa lofted a few balls into the box but we had by far the better of the game.

For me Hojbjerg was MoM swiftly followed by Royale and Romero and Sonny and Skipp.

This Villa team are a good, well-drilled outfit but we tore them apart time and time again, beating their press consistently.

Pleased with the improvements today and the result. I was concerned about Villa at corners as much has been made about their set piece coach this season and the threat they are but we seemed to handle them well. Just need Kane to either find his form or get his head straight and things could start to look a lot brighter.

Did you see all the police down there ?
Not sure what was going on but there was a lor

No, missed that. We got to the stadium really early - but 3 van loads of police and an ambulance were blue-lighting north as we walked down the High Road.

Back