• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v FC Basel, EL QF 2nd Leg

We'll need two goals I think. They're at home and will get a goal.

I have a good feeling about this, think we'll do it. Players showed a lot of courage against Everton and we take it from there.

Holtby and sigurdsson are the key players, they need to run the show and get in good positions.

Expect a top game from Holtby.

Need to capture that schoolyard spirit of wanting to play every single day at every single break time and after school. Forget all this tired nonsense. Love the game, love that you are playing in these special occasions.
Stop seeing it as a job and the players wouldn't let themselves be psychologically tired

Why do you expect a top game from Holtby? He has worked hard but has been average after a decent start. Some have said behind the striker is his best position but he hasn't been played there yet. Certainly don't think he's much use to us out wide....

I believe they have not conceded a home goal?
We will win. Dempsey scores 1-0.

Basels home record in the league:

13 games played
10 wins
3 draws
28 scored
6 conceded

They haven't conceded at home in the league since the 7th October 2012.

Basels home record in the Europa League:

5 games played
4 wins
1 draw
10 scored
2 conceded

They haven't conceded a goal at home in the Europa League since the 4th October 2012.

Most important game of the season. We win-we go through.

We will go through. Why? Because we are better than Basle.

I'm sorry but that is simply not true. They comprehensively outplayed us at home.

A correct reflection of the game would have been 2-5.

They are clearly a more cohesive, well organized and technically superior team to us.

I'd personally need a large dose of amphetamines and cocaine to get excited for this game.

Just a game we need to get out of the way, regroup, get our injured players back and hope we can turn around our recent form for the remaining games.

I'm sorry but that is simply not true. They comprehensively outplayed us at home.

They are clearly a more cohesive, well organized and technically superior team to us.

I'd personally need a large dose of amphetamines and cocaine to get excited for this game.

Just a game we need to get out of the way, regroup, get our injured players back and hope we can turn around our recent form for the remaining games.

If they outplayed us how come they didn't win?

I was at the game and they played well but they did not stun me. Scotty does better 2-2 at half time and they crumble 2nd half.

But that did not happen.

I expect better in the 2nd leg. Much, much better.

When did the memo go out that we're now judging how good teams are in relation to each other based on individual games?

We'll need two goals I think. They're at home and will get a goal.

I have a good feeling about this, think we'll do it. Players showed a lot of courage against Everton and we take it from there.

Holtby and Sigurdsson are the key players, they need to run the show and get in good positions.

Expect a top game from Holtby.

I hope so. Parker-no!

Oh christ. If you think people have been negative before wait till thursday night to saturday afternoon. In the space of 3 days we will "probaly" be out of europe and "definetly" be out of the top four......................to our biggest rivals, no less !

Rose tinted goggles wont save you fron that meltdown !

:ross:
Superb. I'd better get a big fudging shipment in and start trying to hand 'em out sharpish then mate!

:ross:
Superb. I'd better get a big fudging shipment in and start trying to hand 'em out sharpish then mate!

I can't see how anything that happens this season can feel worse than what happened last season. We survived that I think we can take anything the football gods want to throw at us this season.

Hopefully your positivity when this place is filled with negativity won't be needed all through the off season, but if it is I'm sure we'll pull through :)

Why do you expect a top game from Holtby? He has worked hard but has been average after a decent start. Some have said behind the striker is his best position but he hasn't been played there yet. Certainly don't think he's much use to us out wide....

Has Steffen Freund been coaching his shooting? He seemed to wander into Didier Zokora territory once or twice at the weekend.

I just want us to be solid initially. I would hate for us to go out there and be out of the tie within the first 15 mins because we have buckled under pressure and given away a couple of silly goals.

Flood the midfield and make it difficult for the first half and try to get a foothold by setting the tempo and imposing ourselves. If we need to we can change it if we have nothing to lose in the second half. However, get a goal and we can frustrate them and squeeze the life out of the game by denying them space in the midfield or in behind our full backs. Salah caused us untold problems so I would be looking to force him inside and into traffic.

So if we look at the first game one of the big issues was Billy G havng a mare, tho Daws didn't look much more solid when he came on, and Ekotto having a mare against their pacy winger.

So if I'm avb I bring verts LB Daws Caulker central and already we are stronger at the back than last game.

Pack the midfield and we'll be difficult to break down.

This game will be very different to the first game, a much tighter affair.

4-4 ade hatrick siggy with the other.

So if we look at the first game one of the big issues was Billy G havng a mare, tho Daws didn't look much more solid when he came on, and Ekotto having a mare against their pacy winger.

So if I'm avb I bring verts LB Daws Caulker central and already we are stronger at the back than last game.

Pack the midfield and we'll be difficult to break down.

This game will be very different to the first game, a much tighter affair.

4-4 ade hatrick siggy with the other.

That would be great!!!! come on spurs that Inter Milan 2nd leg......I swear my heart nearly packed in..........I dont want to go through all that just for our players to lay down and take it up the jacksi!

Hopefully better defending this time and no underestimation of basle.

Geez imagine if we could keep a clean sheet (yes I know we are poo poo at defending) and nick a 1-0.

after suffering watching the games against Lyon and Inter I desperatly want us to win this ruddy competition..

COYS!

i'd have lloris in then play our fastest our cb's and fb's, they were quite profligate when they got in behind us luckily, if we take the pace advantage away we will massively reduce their threat

Last edited:

I agree with your projected scorline for the first leg and how that match panned out regarding Basle's play.

I just dont understand people writing off this game saying it is of no importance.

Everyone wants a succesful spurs in the prem and in europe that means learning the mentality of playing in europe midweek and then playing in the prem sat/sun.

We have no excuses for our 4 points out of 12 in the league in my opinion. If anyone has a right to moan about fixture congestion then surely its those horrid Chelsea lot!!!!

This season could be a platform to bigger and better things champs league or not a lot of our players will have gelled and its great for the younger players slowly getting involved.

This is a Trophy People - one of those shiny things that the Arsenal lot would love to have in their cabinet. and to stop their supposed 8 years of hurt.

I dont care if the europa is looked upon as the ugly sister to the champs league.......its a trophy it would put our name in the history books- it would give our squad hunger/winning mentality.

Lets go and win this ruddy thing!!!!!

Last edited:
Like Carroll, Holtby must not get anywhere near the team. We need our best available players on the park.

Back