• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Everton ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hmm another reason that I am certain Graham Potter is not the answer.
There's a big difference between the quality of player at Brighton and Spurs.
In general we've deserved to drop those points, a couple of obvious exceptions e.g. Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
The majority of those points Brighton dropped was against the run of play.

Pochettino was IMHO one stupid Sissoko handball from going down in history as an absolute Spurs legend. Instead, that match broke him, it broke our team. I was sad about it, but it was time for him to move on. As much as I dislike Mourinho, I never thought for a moment that it would work out so badly.
It did break the team..our players simply were not the same after!

There's a big difference between the quality of player at Brighton and Spurs.
In general we've deserved to drop those points, a couple of obvious exceptions e.g. Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
The majority of those points Brighton dropped was against the run of play.
This what they used to say about Roberto Martinez and Wigan. We need a manager with more experience than Potter. We have gone backwards we need a manager to play catch up pretty quickly.

"I thought Everton looked good tonight" says Leon Osman as if that's an achievement.

We made fudging Saudi Sportswashing Machine look like Barcelona Leon. That's what we do.

This what they used to say about Roberto Martinez. We need a manager with more experience than Potter. We have gone backwards we need a manager to claw back some progress.
Like Mourinho? Pochettino worked out great and he had less experience than Potter.

This what they used to say about Roberto Martinez and Wigan. We need a manager with more experience than Potter. We have gone backwards we need a manager to play catch up pretty quickly.

The hype on Martinez was purely on style of play iirc, bit more to support the Potter argument imo

Potter has more experience than Poch did when he came in

Like Mourinho? Pochettino worked out great and he had less experience than Potter.
I said this in the next manager thread, there is no comparison to where Poch was when we appointed him to where Potter is now. Poch had Southampton flying, highest finish in their PL history iirc (or highest points). He beat big clubs along the way and also increased the value of players such as Shaw Lovren, Lalana and Lambert. Potter hasn’t achieved anything of note with Brighton as far as I can see. Mourinho hasn’t worked out doesn’t mean another top manager is doomed to failure.

I said this in the next manager thread, there is no comparison to where Poch was when we appointed him to where Potter is now. Poch had Southampton flying, highest finish in their PL history iirc (or highest points). He beat big clubs along the way and also increased the value of players such as Shaw Lovren, Lalana and Lambert. Potter hasn’t achieved anything of note with Brighton as far as I can see. Mourinho hasn’t worked out doesn’t mean another top manager is doomed to failure.
He has achieved more in his managerial career than Poch had. Brighton aren't his only club.
Brighton play great football, should be much higher in the league and he has improved just about every player at the club compared to last season.

I'd rate Poch's job at Espanyol as harder than Potter's in Sweden too.

Purely as a manager, perhaps. But don't forget that Poch played at the highest level under some top coaches. That counts for something too.
It counts for nothing. It's what you do as a manger that counts. Mourinho never played at a decent level but look at his trophy haul.
Similar with Fergie, mediocre playing career, huge trophy haul.

Back