• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Everton ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whether it should be the deciding factor or not, I could see this as counting against him massively. Its just harder to appoint someone who is managing the team in 15th

I'm not necessarily sure who that would take you to given that after Nagelmann and Rodgers, the candidates all have something against them

I'd go Nagelsmann, then Rodgers then Potter...but I'm not convinced Levy will go for Potter
I can’t see us going for potter either
I can see him doing a few more years there and it all stagnating

You don't have to value a league position higher than all the other aspects of management though.

You are right it is crucial, that's why I'm more interested in team building/team play/tactics and being able to implement all that on a set of players over how successfull a manager has been wrt results.

Brighton league position is kinda like focusing on Mourinhos trophy haul...

Come on mate, any due diligence process looks at previous performance especially in the same league. Just because Jose has bummed out I don’t think that would stop Levy appointing someone with similar success if available. I doubt potter will be on Levy’s radar.

Come on mate, any due diligence process looks at previous performance especially in the same league. Just because Jose has bummed out I don’t think that would stop Levy appointing someone with similar success if available. I doubt potter will be on Levy’s radar.
So who would you got for?

@Robspur12

What I'm saying is mate is that we should be looking at what attributes managers possess rather than what they have achieved - if someone can make a case for a successful manager that has some basis beyond their achievements and focusses on their qualities I'm all ears

I wasn't excited about Poch because he got Saints to 8th, it was all the stuff I read about his management style that had me thinking he was going to do well here - and that's what I'm reading about Potter

No idea. Don’t have time really to follow football at the moment other than Spurs. And that’s painful enough.
But your happy to write off some suggestions.
Hey your more than entitled to a view
I think it’s possibly slim pickings right now
We can go big and maybe the next name is “allegri”...
Or we get back to a coach rather than a manager
That’s where someone like Potter comes into his own. Nagellsmann is obviously so highly rated but he hasn’t actually improved a well backed RB side

But your happy to write off some suggestions.
Hey your more than entitled to a view
I think it’s possibly slim pickings right now
We can go big and maybe the next name is “allegri”...
Or we get back to a coach rather than a manager
That’s where someone like Potter comes into his own. Nagellsmann is obviously so highly rated but he hasn’t actually improved a well backed RB side
Yeah I am happy to have an opinion, been supporting this club for more than 40 years. Have watched Brighton a couple of times on Sky. Not really seen anything extraordinary certainly not to say he should be our next manager and I know where they are in the league at the moment. I think appointing Potter would be a monumental mistake. But I am pretty reassured that Levy will not be looking at Potter. Far more likely to appoint Rodgers.

@Robspur12

What I'm saying is mate is that we should be looking at what attributes managers possess rather than what they have achieved - if someone can make a case for a successful manager that has some basis beyond their achievements and focusses on their qualities I'm all ears

I wasn't excited about Poch because he got Saints to 8th, it was all the stuff I read about his management style that had me thinking he was going to do well here - and that's what I'm reading about Potter

Do you think Levy would go for Potter?

If not, who is next (after Nagelsmann and Rodgers)?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I'm not interested in the level at which success is achieved, its relative.
It's probably more difficult for a lower level team to win a league where its more competitive because they all work to the same constraints than it is for Pep who can out spend everyone.

Yeah I am happy to have an opinion, been supporting this club for more than 40 years. Have watched Brighton a couple of times on Sky. Not really seen anything extraordinary certainly not to say he should be our next manager and I know where they are in the league at the moment. I think appointing Potter would be a monumental mistake. But I am pretty reassured that Levy will not be looking at Potter. Far more likely to appoint Rodgers.
Brighton smashed Everton last weekend
They have also outplayed most sides this season but a lack of a moderately decent striker has hurt them
I’d argue it’s rare to have a team in their position outplay much richer sides as regularly without the rewards

https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...brighton-stars-i-would-love-play-team-3098948

pep thinks the guys very good

but there are plenty who don’t think pep is so hey..

Brighton smashed Everton last weekend
They have also outplayed most sides this season but a lack of a moderately decent striker has hurt them
I’d argue it’s rare to have a team in their position outplay much richer sides as regularly without the rewards

https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...brighton-stars-i-would-love-play-team-3098948

pep thinks the guys very good

but there are plenty who don’t think pep is so hey..

If you want a managerial recommendation from Pep then we should appoint Bielsa.

Still had a team with numerous international county captains starting
They had a young Irish kid up front ...
although we did play sissoko RB

I’m still not convinced that Levy is sacking Mourinho before next season. If he does, though, Potter isn’t going to help keep Kane and Son - and that will be more a more important consideration for the chairman than anything else imo.

I really don't know if he would, this Jose Mourinho appointment has really blown my thinking of him out of whack. I'm worried we'll go for a name over someone more suitable
I don’t think he would
But I didn’t think we would go for Poch either
I wanted de boer myself
I really don’t want a name personally. I want a guy who can work with the players and not massage his own ego

Back