• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. Tottenham v Burnley.

After the humiliating defeat to ManCity, we need a good performance and a convincing win to lift our morale. Our poor recent form means we have dropped to 7th place in the league. We badly need to win not only to move up the table but also to stop teams below us like Leicester and Everton closing in on us. Burnley are not going to be easy as they have a good defence. But we do have a good record against them, winning 3 and drawing 2 of our last 5 league matches against them. We need to make use of that record to beat Burnley and get back into the top 4 race.

Kane has not been in great form lately. We badly need him to rediscover his goal scoring form. Kane has only scored 1 goal against Burnley which he scored 2 years ago. Hope he can increase his goal tally against Burnley in this match. Kane also needs goals in his personal battle to be the top striker this season. Salah is now the league's top scorer with 15 goals and Kane only has 12 goals now. Also, Kane needs 4 more goals in the next 2 matches to overtake Shearer as the player with most goals in a calendar year. Remember Shearer has scored 36 goals in 1996, compared with 33 goals by Kane in 2017 so far. It will help Kane and us greatly if he can score at least 2 goals in this match. Others like Eriksen, Son and Alli, if he plays, can also help us by being at their best form in this match. Frankly, Lamela should start in Alli's place as he has been in good form since coming back from his long injury problems.

Our midfield have been struggling without Wanyama. Other teams seem to outplay our midfield easily this season. Wish Wanyama can come back soon. Winks, Dembele and Sissoko have not been in good form in recent matches as well. Will prefer if we start Dembele and Sissoko in this match. Despite his poor finishing, Sissoko works hard which will help us in midifield. I think Sissoko can help us stop our opponents' attacks more. Or maybe we should play Dembele and Dier in midfield as Dier is more comfortable than defence.

Our defence have not been the same since Alderweireld got injured. We seem to concede goals too easily without Alderweireld. It will be good to see Sanchez returning after his 3 match ban. We should only play Vertonghen and Sanchez in defence. As proven against ManCity, Dier is too error prone in defence. Lloris too seems to be conceding easy goals lately. Hope all our defence will improve and have their best match against Burnley. Will be disappointing if we don't keep the clean sheet in this match.

Traditionally we have a good record during the Christmas period. We need to call upon that record to get back to winning ways. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Burnley and move up the league table.

Everybody dance now!

Can see this being another tense match. Burnley will be fired up and motivated just to stay above us in the league. We need an early goal from Kane or someone else to help us settle our nerves and go for another goal to kill the game off. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win to get back into the top 4 race.

we don't seem to try to push from the outside, steam down the sides, it's more intricate through the centre, control the attack and possible counter if that fails

we'll understand once we see the teamsheet

I dont see why there is big noises around Alli being dropped, its what you do when a player is woefully out of form?

he needs dropping and time on the bench

I dont feel Alli is "woefully" out of form.

I actually feel he isnt far off of things working, just that half a beat off that ruins everything.

So perhaps playing him, to allow him to find his rhythm, is the way to go?

That said, Im a firm believer in everyone being different and requiring different things. Some players need a time out. Others need to play. I trust Poch to do what is best.

We need a win, but I am a bit worried. We rarely take the opportunity when teams around us have "slipped" before we play. Let's hope we take advantage now! COYS!

this game will show how much fight we have in the league this season, it can easily go any which way

gonna be glued to the set

In all seriousness, why Sissoko? What could Poch possibly see that some of us (except @scaramanga ) don't?

The best use of Sissoko is as a workhorse.

I think that team is clearly set up to push the full backs on extremely high in an attempt to stretch them, while providing a base to afford the front 4 freedom to do their thing.

A return to what served us so well last season.

Im no fan of Sissoko, but cannot deny if he does a simple job of screening the back 4 and playing it simple - with Dier the more ball playing of the two - he is competent enough.

Especially when I think we can reasonably expect to not be under huge pressure. We can expect to pin Burnley back and try and break them down.

Which, another plus to Sissoko, if they do get behind us we will want someone quick and strong to try and break the move.

EDIT: And while Im typing the Burnley team is posted with an extremely defensive set up. As predicted...

Decent team, but wonder why Winks is missing. Probably illness or an injury. Would have liked to see Lamela, but hopefully those starting will be very motivated to bounce back after the City game.

Good to have Sanchez back. He has been missed.

Hoping to see a fresh start from our lads. Get right at them and do the easy things well.

The best use of Sissoko is as a workhorse.

I think that team is clearly set up to push the full backs on extremely high in an attempt to stretch them, while providing a base to afford the front 4 freedom to do their thing.

A return to what served us so well last season.

Im no fan of Sissoko, but cannot deny if he does a simple job of screening the back 4 and playing it simple - with Dier the more ball playing of the two - he is competent enough.

Especially when I think we can reasonably expect to not be under huge pressure. We can expect to pin Burnley back and try and break them down.

Which, another plus to Sissoko, if they do get behind us we will want someone quick and strong to try and break the move.

EDIT: And while Im typing the Burnley team is posted with an extremely defensive set up. As predicted...
He rarely, if ever, has that main screening job though. I expect Dier to get that role today. Sissoko does alright off the ball defensively in that box to box role next to either Eriksen or Alli.

Again I think it's mainly due to a lack of options, Winks out with illness or injury I'm guessing. Dembele can't start all games. Not many options.

Might be a decent game for Sissoko, he offers physicality and Burnley might give us some space at home.

Have to wonder if Onomah had gotten some games had he not gone out on loan given our injuries.

Back