• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. Tottenham v Burnley.

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Vertonghen Davies
Dier Dembele
Eriksen Lamela Son
Kane

Subs: Vorm, Rose, Foyth, Sissoko, Winks, Alli, Llorente

Hugo

Dier Sanchez Verts

Aurier Alli Winks Davies

Lamela. Son

Kane

Subs: Vorm, Rose, N'Koudou, Moose, Llorente,Eriksen, Sissoko

I would give Christian a rest for at least 60 mins. I think Lamela’s energy will give Burnley something to think about.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Not sure what has gone wrong is but can’t see us winning this one. I used to think our away form was our strong point but it seems to be our weakness this season. Along with our home form, which appears to be our, er, weakness.

Best result. Draw.

Every game is important of course but this one really is crucial, we can't afford to slip further behind. 4th is still an option regardless but I don't want to see us in a 3 way fight for that, we need to go on a run and move back to chasing 2nd and 3rd positions down.

See no reason to rest player given we play Sat then Tues, and then have a week off. Assuming Dembele will only play one of these, I'd start him in the away game and play Winks against Soton

-------------------------Lloris----------------------------

----KWP*-------Sanchez------Vertonghen-----Rose----

------------------Dier-----------Dembele--------------

----------Son-----------Dele-------------Eriken-------

--------------------------Kane--------------------------

subs: Vorm, Davies, Aurier, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Llorente

* Obviously wont be picked but the two senior RBs haven't really done anything to justify selection

Last time I was there I saw a 'lady' who was absolutely like Jabba the Hut. I am not joking! The Fishwick Stand was designed, and built, by the geezer who did Noah's Ark! But Naggers mate, you will have a blast as it is one of those brickholes that makes you sing!

Its the way in to Burnley that has always struck me, you go over a rise in the road and there at the bottom in a bloody big hole is Burnley. Awful place full of " local people".

.......................Lloris......................
Trippier......Sanchez.......Vert......Davies
.............Dier............Winks..............
Lamela............Son................Eriksen
...................Kane.........................

Bench Alli for Lamela.

Serge and Rose to start for pace

Watched the Brighton v Burnley game last week and Brighton had a fair bit of joy attacking them so expect us to create chances.

Let’s not concede any corners though....

I fancy us to surprise them, score early and win by 3 or 4 goals. Burst the Burnley bubble, now is the time we normally kick into gear under Poch.

Think Poch will be demanding a return to the basics. Before being enterprising, lets get back to our strength which was being solid. We hardly made any mistakes over the past few seasons comparatively to the AVB and Sherwood era where we were littered with individual errors. Also for all the pressure on Alli, whilst it is up to him to come through this, the rest of the side could be helping him out. Excited to see some more of Lamela.

Think Poch will be demanding a return to the basics. Before being enterprising, lets get back to our strength which was being solid. We hardly made any mistakes over the past few seasons comparatively to the AVB and Sherwood era where we were littered with individual errors. Also for all the pressure on Alli, whilst it is up to him to come through this, the rest of the side could be helping him out. Excited to see some more of Lamela.

I largely agree with you - but Dele isn't really helping himself at the moment. I think he needs to get back to the basics - and try and time more late runs into the penalty area. He doesn't seem to be making many of those recently. Against Brighton, Kane was completely isolated. Kane himself hasn't exactly been leading the line well recently either.

That is why I think putting in Llorente to lead the line against Burnley and giving Kane a number 10 role may give him some more freedom. At the same time resting Dele to perhaps come on later against tiring legs may be the best plan for this one.

My excitement is building even more rapidly guys, you're really selling it for me :D

Mate...you're going to love it! Freezing cold, grim hardened northerners, the antique which is there Fishwick Stand (if you look hard enough you might find a ha'penny bit under a seat!) and absolutely NO excuse NOT to sing!!! brickhole though it is, these are the ones which produce memories whereas places like Old Trafford these days are like fudging social clubs (even if you're near the divide it's meek)...enjoy and a full report please!

Back