• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Wolves ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mediocre Centre backs , was important position needed addressing. We all got taken with Bale coming back.And are left with Dier and Sanchez and Legs of Toby are gone.

These are the real issues.

If we have a midfield who can retain the ball (how can Hojberg and Winks be less solid than Hojberg by himself) and a defence then everything else can stem from that.

Push 10 yards and a also dominate possession. I'm not saying I agree or enjoy our style of play, but I can understand the reasons. We're trying to defend leads in numbers cause we can't defend, rather than carry on attacking and get done cause we can't defend.

His MO is to set a team up to be defensively solid and let the talented attackers win games - when you're managing the biggest/richest teams in the league it's enough to get you over the line but not when you're at club like Spurs.

He knows how to tactically counter teams as well, which works well in your knockout football and big games - certainly not saying he isn't a good manager but this football will not work at a yeam like Spurs

you say that, he's never had a better attack than Kane and Son

It's basically pick your poison:

Watch us attack and then throw away the lead, or watch us try and defend a lead and then throw it away.

This was the most pathetic surrender I've seen in a long while.

We played attacking football for *one* fudging minute. One. Out of 96, we tried to attack them for *one*.

As soon as we got our goal, out came our defensive shape, we threw the ball away, we sat deep and did nothing.

This is not the team, this is Mourinho. I don't know what he's thinking sitting deep like this for 95 minutes on a one-goal lead, but if Pochettino's motto is 'be brave', Mourinho's suicidal cowardice sitting deep on a one-goal lead deserves a far less flattering label.

Sigh. I hope he wins something, I really do. Because this sh*t will only last as long as we're winning. When we're losing, Mourinho has absolutely no excuse.

I saw cowards tonight. Eleven cowards in green, and the biggest coward of all in the puffy jacket in the stands.

Improve. You have nothing else but winning to sustain you, Mourinho. So improve, fast.

These are the real issues.

If we have a midfield who can retain the ball (how can Hojberg and Winks be less solid than Hojberg by himself) and a defence then everything else can stem from that.

Push 10 yards and a also dominate possession. I'm not saying I agree or enjoy our style of play, but I can understand the reasons. We're trying to defend leads in numbers cause we can't defend, rather than carry on attacking and get done cause we can't defend.

Very True , Our Centre backs are not good enough to play an attacking style of football.

That for me is a failure in recruitment. At the same time Jose is not the man to lead us. Looks same as the end at United. He’s not changed his ethos.

Seriously? I thought Poch was the problem. Jose said he was very happy with the squad when he joined. We've signed Højbjerg, Doherty, Reguilon, Bale, Vinicius. The squad is not the issue right now.

And have lost our best centre back, his partner is shot, our young rising centre back has folded. The only one that's semi functional is Dier.

Our midfield still has to feature at the least one of Winks and Sissoko, and Lucas is our second best wide player.

Back