• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Wolves ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
His MO is to set a team up to be defensively solid and let the talented attackers win games - when you're managing the biggest/richest teams in the league it's enough to get you over the line but not when you're at club like Spurs.

He knows how to tactically counter teams as well, which works well in your knockout football and big games - certainly not saying he isn't a good manager but this football will not work at a yeam like Spurs

I think he just needs to work out the countering a bit more. It’s just one person too defensive for me at the moment. Bergwijn from the start like against Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool, Arsenal and we could make the most of turning over possession. We were one short today and it kept coming back.

And have lost our best centre back, his partner is shot, our young rising centre back has folded. The only one that's semi functional is Dier.

Our midfield still has to feature at the least one of Winks and Sissoko, and Lucas is our second best wide player.

What? Son and Bergwijn are our best wide players. Bergwijn was another expensive investment.

I agree Moura could be upgraded and we probably need a CB. But the squad is well and truly good enough to be doing much better than we saw tonight.

We are dropping points because players don’t do the jobs given to them.

Absoloute gonad*s, they're doing what the manager wants, get in front, sit deep and defend the lead - if you defend a 1 nil lead you're leaving yourself open to a "sucker punch" although it was anything but

There is pragmatism and then there is this brick. With the squad we have now, we should be able to exert some level of control in matches against this level of opposition. Instead, we are coughing up possession with a whimper and immediately reverting to a defensive position for the next wave of attacks. Sometimes you can hold out but the longer you sit deep the higher the probability this happens. For Mourinho and this team, the needle has swung too far towards the defense. The equaliser was the least surpising thing that happened in the match.

For one brief minute, I actually thought this was the year.

Last edited:
You have to feel for the defence. Fingers will be pointed but we were woeful in possession. Ndombele and Hojberg should the pivot and Dele in front of them. Tell Kane to be the focal point more often and keep Son on the left side of him. Be brave enough to rotate or sub Kane and Son occasionally.
If we want to defend corners for the majority of the game let’s have a look at Rodon instead of Sanzhez.

Yeah it was Jose's tactics that led to Davies not defending at the corner.

what the fudge was he thinking, I'm generally a fan but that was disgusting, he just let him go, so fudging stupid

whether you like Jose or not you have to admit that that is exactly the kind of situation where they will have drilled extensively and have had explicit instructions

davies has fudged us out of two points all on his own there

Back