• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS southampton

Mark my words Liverbore will end up at Wham or Stoke - if he's lucky.
Otherwise a Cardiff/Birmingham/Ipswich type team.

#standard

Why were previous managers (especially Hoddle, Jol and Redknapp) not allowed to have injuries as an excuse for poor performances but now it's acceptable under a different manager? What's changed?

Hoddle would get a few more excuses from me, he was a very unlucky manager. Jol? In his first-season? I think he got plenty of leeway and latitude. Harry? Same thing. In fact, I think all Spurs managers have been treated pretty fairly during their first seasons by the majority.

We should have a 45 minute punch up just for the fun of it.

In all seriousness - we were also fourth last season but playing much better football etc. When I say 45 minute i mean playing well. The other 45 we do not. Chelscum last week. Today. QPR at home. To name three games.

Kaboul, King, Ekotto, Parker, Modric, VDV, Adebayor

You do not get into 4th position in this league as a 45 minute team.

=D> as always matey, you bring things into perspective and showcase why we are doing very well considering we've had an overhaul.

Yes. There is plenty that can be improved all round. But we are fourth when we have be slagged down at every quarter because we are a team in transition, we have lost exceptional players and we need a couple of the new players to gel.

I'm not saying we are challenging for the league by any means. But for fudges sake, we are doing something right to be the fourth best performing team in the country in spite of the above.

We should have a 45 minute punch up just for the fun of it.

In all seriousness - we were also fourth last season but playing much better football etc. When I say 45 minute i mean playing well. The other 45 we do not. Chelscum last week. Today. QPR at home. To name three games.[/B]

Here's the saddest fact. We were third for much of it and playing wonderful stuff (albeit not scoring enough goals perhaps)...I remember people begging for Modric to leave because he was 'judas' this 'and 'rat-face' that...well mate, people can't have it all. And when you lose players like Modric, you lose the central axis of how we played for 3 seasons and all the players around him who remain have to learn a new way...the truth is, we need a bit more quality (Moutinho type)...

We're missing Kaboul, BAE, Parker, Dembele and Ade. That's a bench full of quality right there.

And if you'd offered most Spurs fans, before the season started, that we'd be fourth, with an away win at OT, with that group missing most or all of our games, they have been delighted to take it.

I've got no beefs about our current situation. Sure, it'd be nice to see us stylishly swanning about the park for 90 mins., but these ugly wins are hardly worth diving down the well over. And I refuse to throw Jake Livermore under the bus like so many on here.

William Gallas, on the other hand, deserves to be spotlighted for his shortcomings. He was responsible for three Chelsea goals last week and missed - quit on! - his marking assignment on Saints' only goal. Once we get Kaboul and Assou-Ekotto back, Vertonghen moves into a CB role and the mobility of the back four - going both ways - improves markedly.

True but then the issue about why are we buying brick players comes up... 14m on sig and dempsey is a bit of a joke when what we needed was creativity. It brings up a whole new debate

=D> as always matey, you bring things into perspective and showcase why we are doing very well considering we've had an overhaul.

Yes. There is plenty that can be improved all round. But we are fourth when we have be slagged down at every quarter because we are a team in transition, we have lost exceptional players and we need a couple of the new players to gel.

I'm not saying we are challenging for the league by any means. But for fudges sake, we are doing something right to be the fourth best performing team in the country in spite of the above.

On the money.

i think some of the comments in this thread are embarrassing TBH...

it's like some people refuse to see why we are taking some time to settle - 7 players right there who would have been in our starting line up had they been fit or still a spurs player and people are wondering why we aren't firing on all cylinders for 90 minutes every week, frankly it's laughable. It's a great achievement we are where we are so far this season and given time i have the utmost confidence the performances will start to come up to the level we want to see

but for Christ sake people give it some fudging time - we have gone under a fair bit of transformation and whether you think it was needed or not doesn't really matter because it has happened and it is only fair to judge after a fair amount of time.

Last edited:
poor second half - they were always going to come out and put themselves about a bit, but shows what happens when we don't have a ball-carrier in the side - no calmness no control, we were dropping deeper and deeper and making them look a lot better than they were.

I wish we could keep it simple and play to our strengths - lennie and bale on the wings stretching their defence, and pay with a bit of urgency. I know we were away from home but they are a poor side and we should have been dominating them.

I love Friedel but time and again I dread it when we try and keep possession, it goes backwards and invariably the ball goes back to the big man and he is forced to hoof it up to GHod knows where, because it went to a Soton player most times out of ten, putting us under presure again and again. Not his fault but his distribution is poor in these situations. if he is going to keep Loris out of the side he needs to play it quicker - hit it straight back to one of the defenders and keep possession.

Defoe - wasn't one of his best games. I hate to say it but he looks knackered, and is missing opportunities he would have snapped up earlier in the season. Walker crossed the ball to him a least a couple of times and he hopelessly mishit it. Whether Andre thinks it or not he needs a break soon or we won't have any strikers when Ade tinkles of to the ACN.

Dempsey - good follow up to Defoe's lae shot, but please Andre give him a role where he can be effective - he was anonymous for pretty much the whole game save the goal - and the Deuce looks unfit. if we're going ot play a pressing game that has to start from the front but defoe looked knackered, Deuce looked unfit - the second half their defence had plenty of time to play it out from the back. To be honest why we aren't playing a 4-3-3 instread of a 4-2-3-1 is beyond me as the player just behind defoe is non-existent in terms of effect - wouldmuch rather siggy or jake played in the middle alongside sandro and hudd.

Love Verts but GHod bless him he aint a LB and he lacks pace - at the end when he got his yellow card it was because he couldn't keep up with their player. I thought AVB would bring on naughton and move Verts central as Gallas looked to be struggling late on but he didn't.

Walker had one of his better games IMO - still no as good as las season but not as bad as he has been this season, so good on the lad

overall we made hard work of what should have been an easy win - against better teams we will struggle, so we need to lift our game. Onwards and upwards. COYS

Eh? if the EXACT same thing has happened 3 other times and has happened 4 out of 4 times then it must not be about the players playing midweek.

Personally i think it's about the closing down tactic that you simply can't maintain for a full 90 mins.

Ekotto, Dembele, Ade all missing either as options or rotation players...not counting longer-term injuries...BTW, you are correct, the EXACT same thing happened at Utd, Reading and Soton; we won the games. Is it all luck?

True but then the issue about why are we buying brick players comes up... 14m on sig and dempsey is a bit of a joke when what we needed was creativity. It brings up a whole new debate

Was there one person on here who thought buying Siggy was a bad idea?

I seem to remember it was pretty unanimous that we had a bargain.

On the money.

i think some of the comments in this thread are embarrassing TBH...

It's a match thread, people will always make unreasoned comments, vent a little, based on whatever they're seeing right now. It's part of the fun.

Was there one person on here who thought buying Siggy was a bad idea?

I seem to remember it was pretty unanimous that we had a bargain.

I didnt think it was a bad idea I thought it was a fudgein joke of a signing. But people had a go at me so thought id give the guy some time. I thought he was a MOTD player and wasnt sure why we spent 8m - wasnt this before AVB was even brought in?

Its not about whether I was right or not though or anyone its about buying good players and if AVB brought those players then we cant bring up the past players as an excuse that our performances lack creativity etc. If Levy brought those players then well... thats not backing a manager. Anyways its a whole new debate im sure.

I didnt think it was a bad idea I thought it was a fudgein joke of a signing. But people had a go at me so thought id give the guy some time. I thought he was a MOTD player and wasnt sure why we spent 8m - wasnt this before AVB was even brought in?

Its not about whether I was right or not though or anyone its about buying good players and if AVB brought those players then we cant bring up the past players as an excuse that our performances lack creativity etc. If Levy brought those players then well... thats not backing a manager. Anyways its a whole new debate im sure.

flimflam. No posts from you to back that up at all. Full of brick pal

Back