• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS southampton

Bale is unquestionably the better player. I dont think there is any doubt about that - although from some of the posts on this board it does appear that some would even dispute that statement.

As far as who has performed better this season, I agree that is debateable. I would still argue that Bale has been more effective this season - scored more goals, created more chances, has more assists, hit more shots on target, etc. In fact in virtually every metric that can be measured (as opposed to opinion), I consider Bale has been "better" than Lennon this season as well. That is not to say Lennon has not played well but he just isnt Bale.

Thats where opinions differ I suppose. I dont think he has but you think he has performed better. I respect that. Metrics is just another fancy word for stats i.e. goals etc. Lennon has been good defensively and offensively and has added to his game by coming inside and playing intricate through balls (eg yesterday to Defoe).

Lets be thankful we have two such fantastic players.

1. Lennon
2. Vertonghen
3. Bale
4. Sandro
5. Defoe
6. Dembele

Overall performances this season. I don't like Defoe starting over Ade and think we're a poorer team for it but individually Defoe has done well, scoring 5 and setting up a couple, he was incredibly wasteful yesterday though. Dembele's only played half of our games so I couldn't rank him any higher even though he's already an integral part of the side.

For me it's:

1) Lennon
2) vertonghen
3) Friedel
4) Bale
5) Dembele
6) Sandro

Bad news for Ade

Andre Villas-Boas says Jermain Defoe can cope with lone striker role

Last Updated: October 27, 2012 3:27pm

Defoe was a bit-part player under Harry Redknapp but he has been in terrific form for Spurs playing as a lone frontman.

Defoe is also featuring regularly for England, but international football combined with Spurs' domestic and European exertions has raised questions as to whether he can cope with such demands.

The former West Ham man has played in 15 matches for club and country in the past 10 weeks, but Villas-Boas insists he has no concerns about the striker.

"Let's compare it to last year. People were begging for chances and here they are," he said.

"Obviously it is a different type of situation, but at this time of the season I am not worried yet.

"You take out the first three games of the season as they were separated by a week, there were international breaks when he played some of the games but not all.

"He still has power and energy in his legs. Also the possibility of him equalling Teddy Sheringham or overtaking him on the top 10 of Tottenham's goalscorers is something that motivates him."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...Jermain-Defoe-can-cope-with-lone-striker-role

Andre Villas-Boas pleased with Tottenham win at Southampton

Last Updated: October 29, 2012 9:39am

First-half goals from Gareth Bale and Clint Dempsey secured the points as Tottenham withstood an impressive second-half fightback from Saints.

With Spurs having played in the Europa League on Thursday night, Villas-Boas is pleased with how his squad are coping with the busy schedule.

"We have been struggling with a lot of injuries and that's why these players have been immense so far," Villas-Boas told Sky Sports.

"We don't have the in-depth squad that other teams have. We're playing Thursdays and Sundays, having two or three days to recover and that's why the feeling is extra special."

Villas-Boas acknowledged Spurs were given a test by Southampton and felt a third goal after half-time would have finished the game off.

He added: "It was a great win for us, particularly on a weekend when most of the top teams played each other.

"We showed our technical ability in the first half and our desire in the second half to take the result. It was an important win for us.

"At half-time we spoke about scoring the third goal and they put us on the back foot a little bit. It was a solid performance from us.

"They came up very, very strong and we knew only the 3-0 would put the game to bed. It was certainly difficult for us and we're happy with the win."

Thats where opinions differ I suppose. I dont think he has but you think he has performed better. I respect that. Metrics is just another fancy word for stats i.e. goals etc. Lennon has been good defensively and offensively and has added to his game by coming inside and playing intricate through balls (eg yesterday to Defoe).

Lets be thankful we have two such fantastic players.

Agree with that!!

One more, it was just too funny:

All we have to do is just stop being overawed by the occasion till we are 2-0 down and then suddenly switch it on and we'll be a mid table prem team (then again so are Spurs).

Reports on SSN that Saints keeper Boruc investigated after HE threw a water bottle into the crowd on Sunday.

Anyone else heard about this?

Back