• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Saudi Sportswashing Machine *********

I don't think we can keep him anyway.

His agreement with City apparently runs out this summer. There was a report a while ago about a youth player asking Ade if he really earned £170K or so a week and Ade's response was something insulting about (quite seriously) not bothering to get out of bed for less than £200K.

Let's take the conservative view that he's only! on his City wage of £170K - there's no way we can pay that, it would blow our wage structure apart. I suspect this summer Ade will go and it will be a move of his making no matter what we want.

If I am thinking of the same occassion, it was a Redknapp story from when he was on loan with us. It was £220k he was on and it was the first team asking.

My understanding is that we are paying him £120k with City making up the rest for the remainder of thge period his City contract had to run.

If I am thinking of the same occassion, it was a Redknapp story from when he was on loan with us. It was £220k he was on and it was the first team asking.

My understanding is that we are paying him £120k with City making up the rest for the remainder of thge period his City contract had to run.

That sounds about right. I don't think we'll get near to making up the extra £100K and I don't think Ade will be doing much turning up if we don't.

that's interesting, i guess it comes down to what happens with the managers role in the summer. i think it's safe to assume that he might not get along with an LvG type - but should we appoint Sherwood to a long term contract i think possibly we'd be better off keeping him around?

if he continues this form what do envisage his transfer value being?

also i believe his contract will be coming to a point where we'd like to renegotiate (should we want him to stay) and any decision will be hugely reliant on whether or not he will accept a more modest wage (compared to the double City&THFC wage he's currently recieving)

I'd sell him because his runs of good form historically have been short lived.

I'm not sure how much we could get for him, his salary demands historically have severely narrowed the number of clubs interested in signing him. A smaller market reduces his value but at a guess £8-10m.

he was never on that much at City and Levy would never ever be paying 120k a week:lol:......iirc he was on between 150-175k a week at City and Spurs are paying 75k a week max with City the rest

at 75k a week id sayAde is our highest paid player.......There is no way he will get much more if Levy even starts contract negotiations. I see a big money move to Turkey is more than likely

That sounds about right. I don't think we'll get near to making up the extra £100K and I don't think Ade will be doing much turning up if we don't.

I don't think that we have to, he is under contract and I don't think any other clubs will be queueing up to pay him over £200k a week.

I've never really bought the playing for a contract theory with Ade. I've always suspected that he is an emotional man who can only perform at his best when he is happy.

I don't think that we have to, he is under contract and I don't think any other clubs will be queueing up to pay him over £200k a week.

I've never really bought the playing for a contract theory with Ade. I've always suspected that he is an emotional man who can only perform at his best when he is happy.

And money makes him happy ;)

have to agree there

This is the Redknapp quote

"He has done well for us. He has worked hard but he is on amazing money," Redknapp said. ''The other week, one of the lads told him that he had not paid his £50 fine for being the worst player in training on a Friday morning. One of the lads said to him: 'Bloody hell, Ade, you are on 200 grand a week and you can't afford to pay a £50 fine!' He replied: 'Don't insult me, it's 225!'."

http://www.eyefootball.com/mobile/12040/Tottenham-boss-shocked-Adebayor-salary.html

"He has done well for us. He has worked hard but he is on amazing money," Redknapp said. ''The other week, one of the lads told him that he had not paid his £50 fine for being the worst player in training on a Friday morning. One of the lads said to him: 'Bloody hell, Ade, you are on 200 grand a week and you can't afford to pay a £50 fine!' He replied: 'Don't insult me, it's 225!'."

http://www.eyefootball.com/mobile/12040/Tottenham-boss-shocked-Adebayor-salary.html

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of. Time has faded the accuracy somewhat but I think that's a pretty good insight into Ade.

at 75k a week id sayAde is our highest paid player.......There is no way he will get much more if Levy even starts contract negotiations. I see a big money move to Turkey is more than likely

I'm only repeating what i've read but the BBC said he was on £175k at City when he joined us permanently.

I'm not sure where £75k would fit on our pay scale now. Both Modric and Bale had six figure deals and it was reported that Holtby was on £75k during the transfer window.

firstly, Redknapp is not one to believe, and secondly, even if the story were true it seems like a funny response from Ade, dressing room banter and all that

I'm only repeating what i've read but the BBC said he was on £175k at City when he joined us permanently.

I'm not sure where £75k would fit on our pay scale now. Both Modric and Bale had six figure deals and it was reported that Holtby was on £75k during the transfer window.

this was an article back in 2011 when he was on loan to us......http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/nov/22/emmanuel-adebayor-wages-tottenham-move Emmanuel Adebayor has suggested he would not be prepared to accept a pay cut to help his chances of a permanent transfer to Tottenham Hotspur. The Togo striker, who is on a season-long loan from Emirates Marketing Project, feels revitalised at White Hart Lane and he would like to stay but his wages represent a stumbling block.

He earns £170,000 a week, of which City contribute £100,000, and Adebayor pulled no punches about the importance of the money, a significant portion of which he channels back to Africa to fund community projects. Tottenham's weekly wage ceiling is around £70,000, although the midfielder Luka Modric hopes to drive it up to £100,000 in his continuing negotiations for a new contract.

"We all play football to get money," Adebayor said. "I'm from Africa and I have to give something back to my community. You all know that I've been doing a lot of charity stuff without knocking at any door. I'm taking my own wages to do it and I will keep doing it until the end of my career. I will leave it [the talks about next season] to Harry Redknapp, the Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy and Khaldoon [al-Mubarak], the chairman of Emirates Marketing Project, to find a solution between themselves."

Adebayor scored twice in Monday's 2-0 home win over Aston Villa, which lifted Tottenham to third position in the table and maintained their eye-catching form; they have taken 25 points from an available 27. The goals took Adebayor's tally for the club to five in nine matches, all of them in the Premier League. He has not played any cup football this season.

What percentage is that?

I doubt that is in the public domain, there are a few footballers who give away a lot of their cash, im sure we would too with the amount they earn

Drogba, Bellamy, Ade, Gerrard & FSW did too, im sure there are loads more that I've not mentioned

Back