• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Saudi Sportswashing Machine *********

Maybe their problem is that they are safe, but have no chance of finishing in Europe and going by Pardew dont want to anyway as its a distraction. Along with selling their best player, which sends a message to the team aswell where does their motivation come from as they get paid either way. I dont think its a quality problem, I just feel your team totally lacks direction, Greg. Ashley has to take a big portion of the blame too for his role in this.

Christ we are ****e.

How the manager can continue with his job after that farce is beyond me. 5 straight home defeats with only 1 goals.

Sack the ****ing lot of them. ****s. **** off.

f

I agree, that's the least fight I've seen anyone put up against this season, maybe the weather played a part but you were a rabble of disinterested individuals rather than a team, I'd single out Ameobi maybe for at least trying, he's just not very good. As has been said it's a good job you have 37 already, you might not get another.

Very worrying. I had previously thought Levy was better than that - in fact I've defended him endlessly on here before.

This has me concerned though we don't need a mini-Abramovic.

It's OK mate, you don't have one.

The ROOT of the AVB/Ade issue lies in AVB's first pre-season. Put simply, he was not ever AVB's first choice. Damiao was ahead of him in that queue. The financial side of the deal for Ade was agreed before Redknapp was canned. The question is ask is why AVB then agreed to Ade being signed. Desperation? Perhaps. But it was clear that Ade was not his first choice once the player was at the club. Not a great start. I actually thought AVB's man management had improved as he was managing to get Ade to play a role serving The Master (Bale). I suppose that comment is subjective, and depends on your perspective, but mine was always that AVB had him playing a role and not his natural position. All good. I took copious **** last season for defending Ade in this regard, but we all see things differently.

This augered well, IMV, for this season. Then came funeral leave. Whilst away, Ade was training to maintain/build fitness. He came back and was ****ed off the train with the ressies, with apparently very little explanation. Which is poor behaviour. And thus it spiraled out of hand.

I would suggest that in one of the crisis meetings they had, Levy asked AVB why Ade wasn't involved given the fact we could not manufacture a goal any longer, that senior players had pondered the same and that we were starting to ship them too. I repeat, he asked. Levy knows better than to directly try to pick players. I believe that AVB had already become disheartened for a variety of reasons, and that he had subsequently found his grip loosening on everything at the club as he retreated further into 'protection' status.

It became the straw that broke the camel's back, but it didn't ever have to be. Levy let AVB down with regards to getting signings he wanted, but he tried his best to support him in other ways and did not want to give up on him. But it was broken and all parties saw that.

What Ade did at St James Park is nothing less than he's been doing for a while, and for sure he is playing better than for a long long time. But that's because Sherwood can handle him, and more importantly, isn't afraid to make an exception to prompt a talent who the dressing room likes and appreciates. I think Ade is a player who wants to know he's liked and wants to enjoy his football. That's all. It's why I'd also disagree with Milo, and would personally sign him up ASAP.

I distinctly remember (before it became de rigueur to hate on AVB) how ****ed off everyone was at Ade missing simple chances and being unable to trap a bag of cement.

In fact, I suspect if you search the term "trap a bag of cement" on this forum you'll probably find a number of discussions on Ade's form last season.[/

Was it not possible that Ade was playing ****e because his relationship with AVB was breaking down? Most fans only get to see what happens during matches and we make our judgement of players on that. It was perfectly reasonable for fans such as me to criticise Ade last season based on what we were seeing during matches. However none of us actually knew what was going on between him an AVB which could have been affecting his form. After all going only by his goals per game record for AVB compared to the other 2 suggests something wasn't right.

It's OK mate, you don't have one.

The ROOT of the AVB/Ade issue lies in AVB's first pre-season. Put simply, he was not ever AVB's first choice. Damiao was ahead of him in that queue. The financial side of the deal for Ade was agreed before Redknapp was canned. The question is ask is why AVB then agreed to Ade being signed. Desperation? Perhaps. But it was clear that Ade was not his first choice once the player was at the club. Not a great start. I actually thought AVB's man management had improved as he was managing to get Ade to play a role serving The Master (Bale). I suppose that comment is subjective, and depends on your perspective, but mine was always that AVB had him playing a role and not his natural position. All good. I took copious **** last season for defending Ade in this regard, but we all see things differently.

This augered well, IMV, for this season. Then came funeral leave. Whilst away, Ade was training to maintain/build fitness. He came back and was ****ed off the train with the ressies, with apparently very little explanation. Which is poor behaviour. And thus it spiraled out of hand.

I would suggest that in one of the crisis meetings they had, Levy asked AVB why Ade wasn't involved given the fact we could not manufacture a goal any longer, that senior players had pondered the same and that we were starting to ship them too. I repeat, he asked. Levy knows better than to directly try to pick players. I believe that AVB had already become disheartened for a variety of reasons, and that he had subsequently found his grip loosening on everything at the club as he retreated further into 'protection' status.

It became the straw that broke the camel's back, but it didn't ever have to be. Levy let AVB down with regards to getting signings he wanted, but he tried his best to support him in other ways and did not want to give up on him. But it was broken and all parties saw that.

What Ade did at St James Park is nothing less than he's been doing for a while, and for sure he is playing better than for a long long time. But that's because Sherwood can handle him, and more importantly, isn't afraid to make an exception to prompt a talent who the dressing room likes and appreciates. I think Ade is a player who wants to know he's liked and wants to enjoy his football. That's all. It's why I'd also disagree with Milo, and would personally sign him up ASAP.

Great post steff as usual

EntireLastDodobird.gif

I somehow missed that during the game. Funny

We know that in the crunch meeting between Levy, Baldini and AVB after the Liverpool game, AVB was told to play Ade and he refused. It is possible that this wasn't the first time that they had this conversation.

I thought it was more 'asked about playing two strikers' than 'told to play Adebayor'.

thfcsteff said:
I think Ade is a player who wants to know he's liked and wants to enjoy his football. That's all. It's why I'd also disagree with Milo, and would personally sign him up ASAP.

I'd be overjoyed if you are right and I am wrong in this. I am not sure that we can afford a better striker than an inform Adebayor but I am sure that we cannot afford to carry an off form Ade.

If you think that Sherwood could get good performances out of him long term, we should keep him.

Would you be as confident if LvG or FDB replaced Sherwood in the summer?

Kaboul back? CHECK
Kaboul and Verts paired for first time? CHECK
A recognised DM alongside Bentaleb? CHECK
3 men in midfield? CHECK
Clean sheet? CHECK
4 goals in a game? CHECK
Chadli with first PL goal? CHECK

LOVED IT!! Well played TS and the lads!!\o/=D>

COYS

I distinctly remember (before it became de rigueur to hate on AVB) how ****ed off everyone was at Ade missing simple chances and being unable to trap a bag of cement.

In fact, I suspect if you search the term "trap a bag of cement" on this forum you'll probably find a number of discussions on Ade's form last season.[/

Was it not possible that Ade was playing ****e because his relationship with AVB was breaking down? Most fans only get to see what happens during matches and we make our judgement of players on that. It was perfectly reasonable for fans such as me to criticise Ade last season based on what we were seeing during matches. However none of us actually knew what was going on between him an AVB which could have been affecting his form. After all going only by his goals per game record for AVB compared to the other 2 suggests something wasn't right.

We don't pay Ade to perform only when all the circumstances around him are perfect. We pay him to perform.

If he want RvP money then he needs to play like RvP, if he wants to play like Chris Armstrong (regardless of what he thinks is a good excuse) then he can get paid like him.

scaramanga said:
We don't pay Ade to perform only when all the circumstances around him are perfect. We pay him to perform.

If he want RvP money then he needs to play like RvP, if he wants to play like Chris Armstrong (regardless of what he thinks is a good excuse) then he can get paid like him.

We wouldn't be able to afford Ade if he consistently played like he is at the moment. We could only get him because he is flawed and difficult to manage.

We wouldn't be able to afford Ade if he consistently played like he is at the moment. We could only get him because he is flawed and difficult to manage.

Which is why I'd rather we sold him (don't think we'll have a choice in the summer anyway) and invested in someone with potential and the right attitude.

Which is why I'd rather we sold him (don't think we'll have a choice in the summer anyway) and invested in someone with potential and the right attitude.

I'd sell him this summer too. He's impossible to shift when he is off form, so we might as well sell when his stock is high.

I'd sell him this summer too. He's impossible to shift when he is off form, so we might as well sell when his stock is high.

that's interesting, i guess it comes down to what happens with the managers role in the summer. i think it's safe to assume that he might not get along with an LvG type - but should we appoint Sherwood to a long term contract i think possibly we'd be better off keeping him around?

if he continues this form what do envisage his transfer value being?

also i believe his contract will be coming to a point where we'd like to renegotiate (should we want him to stay) and any decision will be hugely reliant on whether or not he will accept a more modest wage (compared to the double City&THFC wage he's currently recieving)

that's interesting, i guess it comes down to what happens with the managers role in the summer. i think it's safe to assume that he might not get along with an LvG type - but should we appoint Sherwood to a long term contract i think possibly we'd be better off keeping him around?

if he continues this form what do envisage his transfer value being?

also i believe his contract will be coming to a point where we'd like to renegotiate (should we want him to stay) and any decision will be hugely reliant on whether or not he will accept a more modest wage (compared to the double City&THFC wage he's currently recieving)

I don't think we can keep him anyway.

His agreement with City apparently runs out this summer. There was a report a while ago about a youth player asking Ade if he really earned £170K or so a week and Ade's response was something insulting about (quite seriously) not bothering to get out of bed for less than £200K.

Let's take the conservative view that he's only! on his City wage of £170K - there's no way we can pay that, it would blow our wage structure apart. I suspect this summer Ade will go and it will be a move of his making no matter what we want.

Back