• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Saudi Sportswashing Machine *********

If I recall correctly he played the half against City then we had the away game in Norway, followed by Utd at home.
Ade had a mystery "injury" which prevented him flying out to Norway and subsequently missed the home game against Utd.
Its pretty clear reading between the lines that Steff's story is pretty accurate up to the City game. A theory I'd put forward about the week that followed is that Ade was still ****ed at AVB and refused to fly out to Norway citing injury. AVB decided that if he didn't fly to Norway he wouldn't make the squad for the Utd game...and so the cycle repeated until AVB was sacked a few weeks later.

Not sure what you mean by Steff's story, but the rest wouldn't surprise me at all. Didn't Ade often have mystery illnesses before Europa away games?

I wouldn't expect either Defoe or Soldado (on current form) to play well as a lone striker (which is a misnomer in AVB's formations as he almost always has support from the wide two). Ade struggled because he was lazy/unmotivated/not up for a new contract/incapable of building his own morale up (delete as applicable).
he could be all those but still score goals. He could do fcuk all in a game but if a chance presented itself he would have tucked it away.But there were no chances....... we did not get the ball into the strikers quick enough or accurately enough under AVB](*,) a strikers nightmare.

Not sure what you mean by Steff's story, but the rest wouldn't surprise me at all. Didn't Ade often have mystery illnesses before Europa away games?

Just the fact that AVB had pretty much said Ade would only ever start a game if he was not the manager of the club.
Personally I think there were clearly faults on both sides. Nothing is ever black and white.

he could be all those but still score goals. He could do fcuk all in a game but if a chance presented itself he would have tucked it away.But there were no chances....... we did not get the ball into the strikers quick enough or accurately enough under AVB](*,) a strikers nightmare.

I distinctly remember (before it became de rigueur to hate on AVB) how ****ed off everyone was at Ade missing simple chances and being unable to trap a bag of cement.

In fact, I suspect if you search the term "trap a bag of cement" on this forum you'll probably find a number of discussions on Ade's form last season.

Just the fact that AVB had pretty much said Ade would only ever start a game if he was not the manager of the club.
Personally I think there were clearly faults on both sides. Nothing is ever black and white.

Ah, OK - that doesn't surprise me. Probably the only line to reasonably take with the likes of Ade.

Sorry i had to be fast before Greg tried to pull a fast one again.

So they're missing Tiote and Remy (and of course Cabaye who is obviously gone). This certainly calls for a 4-4-2 imo...put them to the sword.

-------------------------------------Lloris------------------------------------------

Walker-------------------Dawson------------Vertonghen-------------------Rose

Lennon------------------ Capoue------------Dembele-----------------------Eriksen

-----------------------------Defoe-----------Adebayor-------------------------------

Subs: Friedel, Kaboul, Naughton, Townsend, Paulinho, Benteleb, Soldado

I really think we could do some damage here. They're demoralised, Pardew still hasn't worked out his best system since Cabaye left...they look like they'll concede at will. Defoe imo can have a really good time in this game. Benteleb imo needs a rest so Capoue to start this one (i'd even be tempted to put Siggy on the bench and leave Benteleb out of this one altogether).

Boy did it work!! \o/

Big win in every sense of the word. We don't dish out anywhere near enough beatings to other teams for us fans to enjoy nowadays so I'll enjoy this one.

I said pre-match I hoped that we went for the jugular cos Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been cr*p lately, nothing to play for and with a ton of injuries and I'm very glad to see we did just that. Some credit goes to Sherwood for setting us up to attack them, rest goes to the players who carried out the plan to a good standard.

Adebayor is a tw*t but as long as he's doing well for us I'm fine with that! Kabs did well on his return. Lloris made some top saves, still made several misjudgements but I feel he's improved on his reflexes this year so far.

Gutted I wasn't there but still well happy with the result and thought it was one of our better performances of the season.

COYS

I distinctly remember (before it became de rigueur to hate on AVB) how ****ed off everyone was at Ade missing simple chances and being unable to trap a bag of cement.

In fact, I suspect if you search the term "trap a bag of cement" on this forum you'll probably find a number of discussions on Ade's form last season.

Yes. "Plank" was the word I personally used most often. There was one goal in the Europa League last March that he scored while literally falling on his ****, and I laughed out loud because he seemed so unlikely to score in the first place that it seemed fitting for him to score almost by accident while falling ****-bound.

article-2315361-18AB432C000005DC-527_634x427.jpg

Last edited:
EntireLastDodobird.gif

Christ we are ****e.

How the manager can continue with his job after that farce is beyond me. 5 straight home defeats with only 1 goals.

Sack the ****ing lot of them. ****s. **** off.

f

You didn't get out of first gear and you won 4-0./

Steven Taylor should be shot. Please.

Someone put him down, do everyone a favour. **** off.

Tim Krul at fault for the first 3 goals mind, he was ****ing ****e. But he has plenty of credit in the bank.

I posted on social media just before half time yesterday from my seat in the East Stand that 'even Souness didn't serve anything up as bad as this'. ****ing appalling.

Sack the lot of them.

I posted on social media just before half time yesterday from my seat in the East Stand that 'even Souness didn't serve anything up as bad as this'. ****ing appalling.

Sack the lot of them.

Your lucky you already have 37 points if you had say 24 or so you could have gone down

We always hear that football is a business, (I use to think it was a sport) and in any business directors tell their managers what they want them to achieve. When I worked I was expected to reach certain levels of performance and results within a budget. That required me to formulate plans and implement them with the staff I had. There were plenty of them I would have changed if I could but I had to MANAGE them and get the results. So I really don't see a problem with any football manager being expected to do the same.

Back