• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* / OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine / *

players like this always have a stormer against Spurs.....Heskey was mostly brick, but in his Leicester days he used to give us the runaround, especially Campbell who Heskey would completely dominate

Yep.....that's why he's dangerous!!

Could be a baptism of fire for Verts!

Anyone else had a text from AVB asking if they can do a job up top on Saturday?

I'm a defender and I haven't scored a goal since the late 90s, so I politely declined.

Anyone else had a text from AVB asking if they can do a job up top on Saturday?

I'm a defender and I haven't scored a goal since the late 90s, so I politely declined.

I got that too but but why would the club send texts like that (joke or not) and how would that make Defoe feel? pretty lame 'joke' if you ask me.

No fudging way we win this.

I'll be delighted with a draw and then the decent looking run of home games will hopefully leave us in 4-6th after 6 games.

That will keep the press off AVB's back and give us some time to bed down the new players and system.

If we lose the fun and games begin, they are sharpening their knives for us having sacked Saint Arry.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is similar to our opening game of last season, at home against Arsenal.

Both us and Arsenal were utter brick and it was a very boring 0-0 without either 'keeper making a meaningful save.

I hope so.

I've taken draw/no bet at evens with PP.

Hopefully we're both finding our feet, the timing of the match definitely suits your boys more than us......you've got a stable squad and manager.....so much upheaval at Spurs and late player transfers means I fear for the start of our campaign.

I hope so.

I've taken draw/no bet at evens with PP.

Hopefully we're both finding our feet, the timing of the match definitely suits your boys more than us......you've got a stable squad and manager.....so much upheaval at Spurs and late player transfers means I fear for the start of our campaign.

This is true, but a lot our key players have niggles and Ben Arfa is out. Like you lot we are also yet to do a great deal in the transfer market and address the areas that need to be addressed.

Cisse and Cabaye haven't had many minutes at all in pre season due to illness so I'm not sure how fit they will be.

I think we look decent across the middle

This team would be quality IMO:

Friedel

Walker, Verthongen, Kaboul, BAE

Bale, Modric, VDV, Sandro, Lennon

Defoe

Get the ball on the deck and play to the relative strengths of the team.

Sadly Modrat won't be playing so Livermore will do a job, and I do rate him.

As long as our Centre Back pairing gels well I'm hopeful that team can beat most teams, but Ade would be a better option as he holds play up well.

I understand the reasons why we hold off as the whole market it jammed up and there needs to be a cornerstone signing to set the dominos off!! Just fudging frustrating!!!

I understand the reasons why we hold off as the whole market it jammed up and there needs to be a cornerstone signing to set the dominos off!! Just fudging frustrating!!!

Shame it has not Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal from strengthening.

Suppose Modric did not want to leave this summer where we would we get teh money to bring in a couple of strikers?

Shame it has not Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal from strengthening.

Suppose Modric did not want to leave this summer where we would we get teh money to bring in a couple of strikers?

As I said. It's not just the issue of our money but the whole market falling in line. I think we are keen to reduce our wage bill. Liverpool have rich owners and deeper pockets. The scum have £100 million more turnover. And Chelsea? We know the score. We cannot compete whilst running a sound business.

The OS says we had a Spurs vs Spurs match at the Lodge with the remaining players not on international duty - it finished 0-0. Figures.

Back