• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* / OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine / *

Jenas has a habit of impressing managers. I cannot believe we could regress in this way. If he does select these two then....well not worth talking about

Still hold a little hope that he will pick Sandro and go 4-4-1-1:

Friedel - Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, BAE - Lennon, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Bale - VDV - Defoe

Think thats the best solution with the current squad

The only positive is that he hasn't seen Sandro but he HAS seen Jenas and from what I saw in pre-season sadly the man still isn't taking his chance. I think Livermore is a certain starter.
Do remember Jose was always rumoured to fancy Jenas for his engine or something. Jenas starting away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine? He scores against the gooners...

Still hold a little hope that he will pick Sandro and go 4-4-1-1:

Friedel - Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, BAE - Lennon, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Bale - VDV - Defoe

Think thats the best solution with the current squad

I'm not convinced about Siggy yet. I thought he was rather anonymous for large swathes of the pre-season matches actually. What happens in pre-season means very little really, but do you really think that he can step into what is the Modric role. I don't. I would only play Siggy if VDV is not fit.

Sigurdsson has a way to go before he earns a starting spot ahead of VDV, imv. Few goals in nothing pre-season games mean fudge all

Completely agree mate. If we get a striker or play Defoe up top then it's gotta be VDV ahead of Siggy especially when you consider Swansea's away form last season... I know was better after they loaned him than before but still it's something to consider when you also look at Rafa's performances away from The Lane.

Completely agree mate. If we get a striker or play Defoe up top then it's gotta be VDV ahead of Siggy especially when you consider Swansea's away form last season... I know was better after they loaned him than before but still it's something to consider when you also look at Rafa's performances away from The Lane.

Absolutely

I also think the sheer desperation this transfer window has forced fans to clutch at whatever we've been thrown, much like hungry dogs in a pit. When in reality we've signed a largerly unknown Icelander who had a few good games for a newly promoted, no-pressure inferior side and a defender who seemed 'desperate' to join. Mmkay.

So forgive me if I dont rate these players as highly as most do on here beore they've featured and performed to a good standard in a few PL cruncher games as opposed to some advertising reacharound happy-clappy friendlies on a baseball field. Sigurdsson hasnt achieved 1/5 of what VdV has.

Last edited:
Jermaine Jenas starting for us is bad enough as it is but when it's against his former club away from home, well that bottle job of a 'footballer' wouldn't be able to cope. How has it got to this stage? Defoe and Kane as our only 2 strikers and Jenas competing with livermore for a starting spot in centre mid...IN 2012? jeez i fear for us this season if we don't sign any more players.

Anyway i'd prefer to see Bale play up top but since that isn't gonna happen i'd go with a 4-4-1-1 vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

--------------------------------------Friedel------------------------------------------

Walker------------------Gallas------------------Kaboul/Vert-----------------Ekotto

Lennon-----------------Sandro-----------------Sigurddson-------------------Bale

------------------------------------VDV--------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------Defoe--------------------------------------------

Sigurddson can easily play a deeper cm role imo. He did it at Reading and has the attributes to do it for us (can tackle, good energy, very mobile).

Hatem Ben Arfa (knee), Demba Ba (shin), Patinkle Cisse (knee), Yohan Cabaye (fitness), Fabricio Coloccini and Cheick Tiote (both calf) all doubts.

I think they will all play apart from Ben Arfa.

Has anyone else considered that Jonathan Obika might be the forgotten man who'll suddenly find himself with a shirt?

To me he's far more capable of playing that lone #9 role than Kane or Defoe.

---------Obika
Bale---------------Rafa

---------------Sig
---Hudd
-------Sandro

BAE-Verts-Dawson-Walker

--------Friedel

???

Has anyone else considered that Jonathan Obika might be the forgotten man who'll suddenly find himself with a shirt?

To me he's far more capable of playing that lone #9 role than Kane or Defoe.

---------Obika
Bale---------------Rafa

---------------Sig
---Hudd
-------Sandro

BAE-Verts-Dawson-Walker

--------Friedel

???

You must realise how ridiculous that is? Do you not think that if Obika was in our plans, AVB would have played him in pre season?

He only other thing I toyed with given our current playing squad is this:

---------------- Friedel ----------------

Walker -- Kaboul - Dawson -- Ekotto

-------- Livermore - Sandro ----------

Lennon ------ VDV -------------- Rose
--------------------- Bale ---------------

This is also based on the idea that Huddlestone is not favoured by AVB.

You must realise how ridiculous that is? Do you not think that if Obika was in our plans, AVB would have played him in pre season?

Desperate times though. I don't think AVB ever imagined starting the season without a senior #9 at the club.

Obika played this role for the youth team the other night didn't he (apparently did well laying on a few for Kane playing behind him)?

He only other thing I toyed with given our current playing squad is this:

---------------- Friedel ----------------

Walker -- Kaboul - Dawson -- Ekotto

-------- Livermore - Sandro ----------

Lennon ------ VDV -------------- Rose
--------------------- Bale ---------------

This is also based on the idea that Huddlestone is not favoured by AVB.

Move Bale to Rose's position and bring in Sig. Sig and Rafa as false #9s. It's what Spain did anyway.

Kaboul's injured I read.

Really not sure how we will line up without Ben Arfa, I guess it depends if Anita signs in the next few days and is trusted to be thrown in at the deep end, if so then we could go with the 4 3 3 that worked so well in the second half of last season with Jonas being pushed up, doubt this will happen and we will probably go back to a bog standard 4 4 2 with Cisse and Ba up front. Pards could yet surprise us all though with the inclusion of either Sammy Ameobi or Romain Amalfitano, both have impressed in pre season.

Back