• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* / OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine / *

Read that sentence in bold and tell me what that has got to with anything I have said. There are numerous examples out there of clubs making use of excellent scouting systems. Take Dortmund for instance, they signed Robert Lewandowski for 4.5m euros in 2010 while Saudi Sportswashing Machine signed Patinkle Cissé for £8m. Just two examples to show that there are bargains out there if you look hard enough. Heck even Everton got Nikica Jelavic for just £5.5m and he went on to score 9 goals in 10 league starts and 3 substitute appearances - and that was after they got rid of Saha.

You said just get Ade and Damiao done. Like money is no object. It is.

You said just get Ade and Damiao done. Like money is no object. It is.

Leeds money is an issue of course it is but if our bank accounts were that barren what the fudge were we doing buying Sig for 8 (or so) million when we could have put that towards bringing in a striker first and foremost.

I think the window should only open during the close season. Having the overlap with the beginning of the season is just wrong. And massively disruptive.

I agree but I am not sure how that would work when the European leagues have different start and end dates.

Leeds money is an issue of course it is but if our bank accounts were that barren what the fudge were we doing buying Sig for 8 (or so) million when we could have put that towards bringing in a striker first and foremost.

I think that the issue is wages more than transfer fees

I agree but I am not sure how that would work when the European leagues have different start and end dates.

Make it 1st to 31st July. It would be like the January window for leagues that follow the calendar year.

Are you tinkled or do you just make brick up for the hell out it? Maybe it is both, either way you are talking out of your arse

My mistake. Apologies.

But they are the most talked about targets and getting the deal done ain't easy. Who have we missed out on we should have gotten in your opinion.

I think we may have a lucky escape with Cisse, Ba, Ben Arfa, Tiote and Coloccini all doubts. Sure, the majority of them will most likely play but being doubts in the first place they probably won't be 100%, it's a shame this is at St.James Park, we haven't done well there consistantly, last year we rode our luck and I thought was even lucky to be 2-1 up, shame we conceded a late goal.

If we get the ball on the ground, play football, we are a better team than Saudi Sportswashing Machine and should win. I think it has draw written all over it though as we have no clinical finisher at the moment and the fact Saudi Sportswashing Machine have the doubts, if I was to say which team I think will win though, it'd be Saudi Sportswashing Machine as I feel they'll push on from last season and they are at home.

My mistake. Apologies.

But they are the most talked about targets and getting the deal done ain't easy. Who have we missed out on we should have gotten in your opinion.

Apology accepted. :)

Damiao, sure I would love us to sign him but certainly not "money no object"

As for Adebayor I have suggested on numerous occasions that we move on to another striker instead of holding out for a player who is coming across as a such greedy sod

No club in this league would do what we're doing. Going into the season with an untried 18 year old and a player that can't play in his managers prefered formation....utter fudging shambles. What other team has 2 strikers in their squad with one of them being an 18 year old that looks rather brick and hasn't even played in this league. It's infuriating to say the least.

I think we may have a lucky escape with Cisse, Ba, Ben Arfa, Tiote and Coloccini all doubts. Sure, the majority of them will most likely play but being doubts in the first place they probably won't be 100%, it's a shame this is at St.James Park, we haven't done well there consistantly, last year we rode our luck and I thought was even lucky to be 2-1 up, shame we conceded a late goal.

If we get the ball on the ground, play football, we are a better team than Saudi Sportswashing Machine and should win. I think it has draw written all over it though as we have no clinical finisher at the moment and the fact Saudi Sportswashing Machine have the doubts, if I was to say which team I think will win though, it'd be Saudi Sportswashing Machine as I feel they'll push on from last season and they are at home.

I thought we were cruising last year without really getting out of 2nd gear, they barely caused us any problems at all, then Shoala came on and caused us all sorts of troubles for the last 10 mins and we ended up lucky to get a draw.

Stupid fudging early season game means I will miss this game, I hope to win the toss and bowl first on Saturday though and get to the pub in time for kick off. This is very possible, only one team as managed to even make 100 against our attack this season, bowl them out for 50 and get to the pub hopefully.

Back