• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs. Saudi Sportswashing Machine***

I don't remember seeing anyone moan on here about our time wasting...
Nobody moans about it when their own team are doing it. The fact of the matter is though that nobody pays 80 odd quid to attend a football match to watch players take as long as possible to take a throw-in/goal kick/free kick. If it was policed better (in terms of time being added on by the fourth official) then teams would gain no real advantage in doing it and it would eradicate itself). I bet (for example) we'd no longer then see Hojbjerg going down with cramp in the 91st minute when we're protecting a 1-0 lead. (Funny how players on the team who are losing never seem to get cramp isn't it?).

I reckon that if you added the time on for all of the subs, the VAR check the various bits of (generally feigned) injury and the extra slow goal kicks and throw-ins yesterday then there would have been 9 or 10 minutes added time instead of the 5 given.

Last edited:
I don't remember seeing anyone moan on here about our time wasting...
I have...maybe even from you? Just that it was that we don't do it enough?!

I think we don't moan about any mistakes by a ref, a soft pen or gamesmanship that benefits us, but the issue as I raised it isn't so much about the impact on us in this particular game, it's more that it's something that isn't what the game is intended about.

*Good time wasting like shielding the ball, winning set pieces, drawing a foul, actually passing and retaining the ball without attacking purpose are all skills, pretending you are injured when you are not isn't.

If the clock is stopped or a regardless it will help with refs being conned / incompetent. It just made the second half a pantomime, right down to Pope getting a yellow which just meant that particular delayed goal kick was delayed further and didn't increase the 5 minutes added on that I predicted would be added at around the 60th minute as that seems to be the palatable amount of time (I remember the olden days when it was 3...)

*I get this may be 'good AIDS vs bad AIDS a la Brass Eye for some!

That doesn’t reflect speed of the kick form Hugo. When Hugo initially kicked in I think sess had his back turned too as he was running into position. The fact it ended up 3 yards short says a lot about Hugo’s kicking

Its was floated which gave people time to give them to react

Lloris takes the blame for the kick, rightly, it was poor but everyone else takes blame for being utterly unreactive front backsides. Lenglet looked like an absolute carthorse trying to get near them

Don't think the second one is on Hugo. He's supposed to play that pass and will sometimes misplace it. Conte wants him to play that pass despite misplacing it at times.

if you watch that again you will see two Saudi Sportswashing Machine players bearing down on sess a few seconds before the ball reaches him.
the lofted slow ball basically instructs the new castle players how to press.

Shocking performance really, we don't play on the front foot so it's hard to suddenly step it up when you need to.
This. Anyone know what our record is when we concede first against decent opposition? (and no, I do not count Soton and Lesster decent opposition)

We're fine when we score first, because it plays even more into our tactics, but we don't seem to have an answer when we're down.

It's really infuriating. Refs should give one warning in instances like yesterday, when Pope spent probably 5-6 minutes of the second half fondling the ball instead of taking the goal kick.

One warning, that's it - time waste again, and that's a yellow. Waiting until the 83rd minute to give that yellow is an insult to football.

Not that this is the most important take out from yesterday, but it's a fairly simple thing to enforce consistently, would make matches better and be welcomed by basically all fans.

Book the captain after the first warning and a booking for every subsequent offence.

was holding back on my assessment on lenglet. looked good when in control of games but noticed that he won't get stuck in. guess he wants to avoid injury and return to barca.
I get the feeling he would like to stay, been a few quotes recently from him about Conte and Spurs
I like him, he defends without issue, sometimes could get more stuck in though but for me is better than Davies

Back