• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Olympic Marseille ***

Nah just too weak both on the ground and in the air. We need someone better for this key position.
We have someone better coming. His name is Udogie.
I’m seeing a lot of people say “if Kolasinac scores like he should have, we were out”. And there is merit to that. But let’s not forget that before that Hojbjerg missed a sitter too that if he scored, we’d have gone through anyway.
Kolasinac's was sitter. Hojberg should have scored but it wasn't a sitter.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I’m seeing a lot of people say “if Kolasinac scores like he should have, we were out”. And there is merit to that. But let’s not forget that before that Hojbjerg missed a sitter too that if he scored, we’d have gone through anyway.

Forget them.
Unfortunately, joy thieves seem to enjoy sucking the life out of anything they can. How about pointing out to them that had PEH’s rifle been a millimetre lower, or had Kane not fluffed a near tap in himself, it wouldn’t have mattered. I am tired of the constant drone of critisicm. We know where we are and we know what we’re doing. We know what the injuries are and we know that it is not the most attractive football. But, 4 points from our last two home games guarantees top 4 going into the world cup break and we just topped our CL group despite it all.
And if someone cannot enjoy tonight’s result without that Kolasinac flimflam, then they need to get a life!

MOTM - Bentancur

upload_2022-11-2_9-2-20.png

Great commentating too:

What a moment for Tottenham Hotspur, they find their French Connection, at just the right time.

Never before have they won across the channel, but tonight with progression to the last 16, and top spot at stake, it has clicked.

It took until the 95th minute for them to seal it. So often they are sufferers of away-day blues, so often they have put their supporters through the heartache of long trips and hope, only to have those hopes dashed.

But there is a resilience, theres is a resolve that has been injected into their veins by their absent manager. Who somewhere high in the stands of the Stade Vélodrome will be as animated as their players.

Marseille are out. They are distraught. For large portions of this game they bossed it. But in going for it right at the end maybe they have left themselves open, and their European adventure for this season, is over.

It is Tottenham who be writing tomorrow's headlines and Marseille, sadly, will just be a footnote. It has finished at the Stade Vélodrome, Marseille 1, Tottenham 2.

Last edited:
You have to give us some credit there. The first half was disgusting. So at 1 down, the crowd is all over it, we have no manager in the dugout, Sonny has gone off, we have nothing on the bench. It was all lined up for us to fold. And we played our way back into it. Credit to the players. We lash them as bottle jobs when we fudge up. They clawed their way through tonight.

once Son came off we were more like a 4-5-1 that allowed probing runs by the midfielders, notably bentancur. there was more space in front to run into and it caused havoc to the defence.
sorry for sess, but royal coming on shows how important how one player with better ball possession can improve a team. we started to get a firm hold of the midfield.
also with lenglet at the centre we move the ball faster and with more calm and control. dier looks a lot better at rcb with the freedom to make runs upfield and putting in some good crosses.

great job stellini!
upload_2022-11-2_13-16-36.png

Attachments

• upload_2022-11-2_13-15-26.png
    upload_2022-11-2_13-15-26.png
    434 KB · Views: 9
MOTM - Bentancur

View attachment 14705

Great commentating too:

What's a moment for Tottenham Hotspur, they find their French Connection, at just the right time.

Never before have they won across the channel, but tonight with progression to the last 16, and top spot at stake, it has clicked.

It took until the 95th minute for them to seal it. So often they are sufferers of away-day blues, so often they have put their supporters through the heartache of long trips and hope, only to have those hopes dashed.

But there is a resilience, theres is a resolve that has been injected into their veins by their absent manager. Who somewhere high in the stands of the Stade Vélodrome will be as animated as their players.

Marseille are out. They are distraught. For large portions of this game they bossed it. But in going for it right at the end maybe they have left themselves open, and their European adventure for this season, is over.

It is Tottenham who be writing tomorrow's headlines and Marseille, sadly, will just be a footnote. It has finished at the Stade Vélodrome, Marseille 1, Tottenham 2.

Sam Matterface called that. Great call.

I watched the game on DAZN where the world feed had Matterface and Laura Bassett calling the play. Pretty good the two of them.

As Hojbjerg joined Kane for the final attack, Matterface came up with this:

"We've played the four minutes of added time. This will give Spurs another boost, another step in the right direction. They might be able to finish it off here.

Hojbjerg. Has been fed by Kane. (
Ball pings in off the goal post.) He HAS finished it off! And finished it off in style! And Marseille's Champions League hopes have been sunk in their own port and Spurs are sailing through into the knockout stages!

And they're gonna be top of the group to boot!

Sam Matterface called that. Great call.

I watched the game on DAZN where the world feed had Matterface and Laura Bassett calling the play. Pretty good the two of them.

As Hojbjerg joined Kane for the final attack, Matterface came up with this:

"We've played the four minutes of added time. This will give Spurs another boost, another step in the right direction. They might be able to finish it off here.

Hojbjerg. Has been fed by Kane. (
Ball pings in off the goal post.) He HAS finished it off! And finished it off in style! And Marseille's Champions League hopes have been sunk in their own port and Spurs are sailing through into the knockout stages!

And they're gonna be top of the group to boot!

Florid and artful - can’t have that, bring back Andy Townsend.

66% payback on attempts on goal, now that's efficiency! Weren't we once on the receiving end of a 24-1 or something and lost 0-1? And it says again (and again) that possession stats doesn't mean much at all.

One other point, and we won so it's purely for the sake of discussion, but our lack of an outball on their corners is borderline stupid. We have everyone back in our box and when we get it clear, we have no one to get it to or to put their defenders under pressure when they mop up the clearance. It's crazy and happened several times first half and the ball just came back to us. I don't believe having that extra body back outweighs the benefit of having someone up the pitch.

I know Conte has forgotten more about football than I'll ever know but I just do not get it.

One other point, and we won so it's purely for the sake of discussion, but our lack of an outball on their corners is borderline stupid. We have everyone back in our box and when we get it clear, we have no one to get it to or to put their defenders under pressure when they mop up the clearance. It's crazy and happened several times first half and the ball just came back to us. I don't believe having that extra body back outweighs the benefit of having someone up the pitch.

I know Conte has forgotten more about football than I'll ever know but I just do not get it.

Set pieces are down to the set piece coach aren't they? May need some tweaks.

I did think this too and if it's Son or Gil ledt on tbe half way line it's unlikely they would win a defensive header anyway.

I agree, although, it is normally Son, after he went off I guess we didn't change anyone else's regular corner assignment.

Said it for an age…
Stick Son in the half way line when we’re defending a corner and they need at least 2 players there
It’s the perfect counter attacking option

Back