• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Olympic Marseille ***

Wonder why Conte cants see this
He most likely does, but some statistic actually says that you concede less goals when you have every player back defending.

That statistic does not include that you probably score less on an eventual breakaway from that set piece when all players are back defending.

For a fella who has been labelled a drama queen, that's one of the most sensible posts I've seen on here.

Not sure it even needs to be flagged as sensible (although it undoubtedly is) as its just basic common sense tbh.

Anyone doing otherwise is somehow failing to look at the context of the situation which is frankly barmy as its staring everyone in the face!

I refuse to make sweeping judgements on Conte’s setup for games during this insane schedule and our injuries.

I will wait until the second half of the campaign when the schedule returns to some normality, our injuries ease and another window (Jan 2023) has been exploited to further fine tune the squad.

Brilliant and echoed tenfold!!!!! TBH, I think he and the staff are doing isn amazing job all-told right now.

Not sure it even needs to be flagged as sensible (although it undoubtedly is) as its just basic common sense tbh.

Anyone doing otherwise is somehow failing to look at the context of the situation which is frankly barmy as its staring everyone in the face!

I think the bold bit above is a basic failing of the current era in so many situations.

Quite a dramatic group indeed. AIA (life insurance) as our Shrt Sponsor makes so much sense!
04c3b531d2e2b06b5bf15492a697aadd.jpg

He most likely does, but some statistic actually says that you concede less goals when you have every player back defending.

That statistic does not include that you probably score less on an eventual breakaway from that set piece when all players are back defending.

That's assuming incompetence at a rather laughable level from either those doing that statistical work or Conte/whoever using that data.

Just about every team around gets everyone back whey defending corners from what I've seen in recent years. I think teams have their reasons.

I refuse to make sweeping judgements on Conte’s setup for games during this insane schedule and our injuries.

I will wait until the second half of the campaign when the schedule returns to some normality, our injuries ease and another window (Jan 2023) has been exploited to further fine tune the squad.

Spot on for me too.

We're digging real deep at the moment. Could easily have gone out of the CL in a relatively easy group. Could easily be worse off in the PL too. A lot of things not clicking, feels like it won't click until Kulusevski is back.

We're digging out those results though, somehow. There are positives there, but we need to find better form at some point.

Spot on for me too.

We're digging real deep at the moment. Could easily have gone out of the CL in a relatively easy group. Could easily be worse off in the PL too. A lot of things not clicking, feels like it won't click until Kulusevski is back.

We're digging out those results though, somehow. There are positives there, but we need to find better form at some point.
We are also playing some good attacking football when we want to. Seems to me we are relatively sorted with our second half tactics, but more work is needed on getting to half time with a 0-0 score line.

Spot on for me too.

It's kinda of funny because we did that under Jose as well. Except the timing was different. We'd start well score and then go into our shells and defend for our lives. Now we do the opposite, defend deep straight away and then once we need a goal we actually come out and go for it.

Quite strange. It's as if our managers don't trust the team to play 90 minutes and the players themselves don't believe in themselves enough to keep a consistent level throughout.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I have read most of this thread but haven't seen this mentioned.....

When Marseille scored, although intially angry, i quickly started to think that it could be good for us.. It was just before half time and so they went in and had 15 minutes to think that they were through to the next round whereas we knew we had to go out and score... Lenglet said something similar in post match interview..

I have been watching Spurs for 55 years and for most of that time i have always felt that we play better when we are a goal down.. I can remember being away at West Brom in the late 70s and we scored after 2 minutes and after the initial jumping about i thought, 'oh no, this is going to be a hard watch'.... And it was but we held on for a 1 nil win...

Also looking back at the Ajax game three years ago, I totally, 100 percent believe that if we had scored our third goal in the 70th minute we would not have gone through... We would have sat back, invited pressure and Ajax would have probably scored.. Instead of that, i had the greatest single moment in all my time supporting Spurs... Quickly followed by the final whistle and the second greatest moment... My son, now 32, has only ever kissed me twice as an adult and that was when we were jumping around a bar in Amsterdam....

Anyway, enough of all this reminiscing we've go to do the scousers on sunday....

COYS.

It's kinda of funny because we did that under Jose as well. Except the timing was different. We'd start well score and then go into our shells and defend for our lives. Now we do the opposite, defend deep straight away and then once we need a goal we actually come out and go for it.

Quite strange. It's as if our managers don't trust the team to play 90 minutes and the players themselves don't believe in themselves enough to keep a consistent level throughout.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We cannot play a high pressing or even high intensity defensive game with Kane and Son in the team.

With the lack of trust in the squad and the fixture list being what it is even more reasons to find ways to conserve energy.

I'm fine with this approach, but we must have a real threat even when sitting back. We're really struggling with that at times without Kulusevski. First half against Marseille was really poor in that regard, but we heve showed good passages of play in other games. Not consistent enough.

Really? Why not? We could and did with Kane, Son, Dele and Eriksen.

Many years and several ancle injuries ago. Even the last year of Pochettino we couldn't press like we had in the past.

I don't think Kane is up to that physically now, certainly not if starting every game (which he will rightly expect to do). Son may be up to it physically, but he's never been particularly disciplined defensively. Pressing high consistently with both of them in the team would be a really bad idea imo.

Many years and several ancle injuries ago. Even the last year of Pochettino we couldn't press like we had in the past.

I don't think Kane is up to that physically now, certainly not if starting every game (which he will rightly expect to do). Son may be up to it physically, but he's never been particularly disciplined defensively. Pressing high consistently with both of them in the team would be a really bad idea imo.
If Kane slips into more of a number 10, we could do with a pacy attacker who can finish one-on-ones, as we've only really Son for fast counterattacks.

Back