• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Nottingham Forrest ***

Select a team for Arsenal, then pick those who won't play that game as the team to play Forest.

My team for Arsenal would be pace on the break, our better defenders and people up for a scrap:

--------------------lloris
dier-----kaboul------fazio-----vert
---------stambouli----rose
---lennon------lamela------townsend
------------------adebayor (he'll be up for it against them)

so my tema for forest would be:

----------------------vorm
naughton---capoue----chiriches---davies
--------------dembele-----bentaleb
---eriksen-------paulinho------chadli
---------------------kane

Select a team for Arsenal, then pick those who won't play that game as the team to play Forest.

My team for Arsenal would be pace on the break, our better defenders and people up for a scrap:

--------------------lloris
dier-----kaboul------fazio-----vert
---------stambouli----rose
---lennon------lamela------townsend
------------------adebayor (he'll be up for it against them)

so my tema for forest would be:

----------------------vorm
naughton---capoue----chiriches---davies
--------------dembele-----bentaleb
---eriksen-------paulinho------chadli
---------------------kane

If doing that I'd go for the following against Arsenal....

------------------------Lloris
Naughton-------Fazio-------Vertonghen-------Rose
------------Strambouli-----------Bentaleb
-----Lamela-----------Dembele---------Ericksen
-----------------------Adebayor

Which leaves the following against Forest...

--------------------Vorm
Dier-------Kaboul-------Chiriches------Davies
---------Capoue-----------Mason
-----Lennon--------Kane---------Chadli
--------------------Soldado

However I think the Arsenal team would probably benefit from playing the match together - so I'd stick em in there for Wednesday and then play them again at the weekend.

However I think the Arsenal team would probably benefit from playing the match together - so I'd stick em in there for Wednesday and then play them again at the weekend.

would be tempted to do the same

Despite having good squad depth and several centrebacks, I think Poch will have a problem deciding who plays in centre tomorrow and who will do it against Arsenal.
1. To play Chiriches against Arsenal is a suicide. I also think he should be benched against NF.
2. Kaboul perfoms badly this season, but somehow he became a captain and at least he has experience of top clashes. He also played better than Chiriches against West Brom and better than himself against Liverpool. I can't see him being dropped against Arsenal and he also won't play 3 matches in a week.
3. It leaves us with Vertonghen and Fazio for another centreback spot. Jan defenitely should start against Arsenal as Federico played only 1 game and it wasn't a high standard one. So Fazio is going to start tomorrow.

-----------------Vorm-------------------
-Naughton---Fazio--Vertonghen---Davies-

Sub: Dier or Chiriches for Vertonghen in 2nd half.

About central midfield:
I still have faith in Dembele and remember several games during last two seasons when he upped his perfomance against top teams. I think he can start against Arsenal, who also currently lacks dynamics and pace in central midfield.
Who will be a pair for him I don't know, but I think it shouldn't be Capoue. So it's likely to be Stambouli. Start him and Bentaleb against NF. If he does well, sub him during 2nd half for Capoue.

Attack: don't know at all. Our 2nd squad perfomance against Partizan was disgraceful, so some changes should be made if we don't want to quit from League Cup so early.
I will start with -Lennon--Kane--Chadli- and Soldado on the edge.

So, if our team shows positive notes against NF, my squads will be:
a) Against NF:
-----------------Vorm-------------------
-Naughton---Fazio--Vertonghen---Davies-
----------Stambouli---Bentaleb-----------
--Lennon---------Kane-----------Chadli--
----------------Soldado------------------

b) Against Arsenal:
-----------------Lloris-------------------
-Dier------Kaboul---Vertonghen-----Rose-
-----------Dembele--Stambouli-----------
--Lamela--------Eriksen-----------Chadli-
---------------Adebayor-----------------

Btw, I think it is the first time I have so low expectations before NLD.

Last edited:
This forest game could be tough. They're confidence is up

I have to admit, whilst I hate to lose to the Goons, if given a choice of winning this cup tie and winning the Arsenal game, i'd go for this cup tie.

It's going to be a touch cup tie imo; I'm not sure if we have ever beaten Forest in the league cup? Or at least not in the last 30 years or so. Any stattos able to confirm this??

------------------Lloris-------------------
-Dier--------Fazio---Vertonghen-----Davies-
-----------Stambouli---Dembele-----------
--Lamela---------Kane----------Eriksen
----------------Soldado-----------------

I have to admit, whilst I hate to lose to the Goons, if given a choice of winning this cup tie and winning the Arsenal game, i'd go for this cup tie.

It's going to be a touch cup tie imo; I'm not sure if we have ever beaten Forest in the league cup? Or at least not in the last 30 years or so. Any stattos able to confirm this??

i agree but put it into perspective they are a Championship team, were a top 6 PL team, if we play anywhere near our potential we will win

Forrest will only have eyes on the league this season, I wouldn't except to see a strong side for them tonight.

We don't look strong enough to challenge for a CL place so this and the FA Cup look our best chance at silverware.

The dilemma is a NLD transcends all other priorities.

Massive pressure tonight and the way that Poch and the players react to last sunday will tell us a lot about him / them. This is most certainly not a meangingless game.

A home defeat to a championship side and our confidence will be in the gutter come sunday.

Back