• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool***

Should we give players more than one game to prove themselves? It is Royal's ability to attack that is limited. Playing as a defender on the right seems much more suited to his skill set.

I don't get why you're trying to shoe horn him in to the team in a different position - Dier, mistake aside, has looked ok at rcb no need to think beyond that.

I don't get why you're trying to shoe horn him in to the team in a different position - Dier, mistake aside, has looked ok at rcb no need to think beyond that.

Dier hasn’t looked as dependable in the RCB role. Idk if it’s fatigue or if he simply plays better as the anchor in the middle CB berth. Probably a bit of both. You need faster players in the left and right positions. Speed of thought and physical speed. You’re half CB half full-back in the wide positions. Dier was solid playing in the middle where he had a bit more time to play, position himself and cover. He doesn’t look half as comfortable on the right. Nunez was getting past Dier wihout thinking.

As outlined you’re not shoe horning, quite the opposite. Royals skill set seems to fit that role in the team far better than wingback which is a bit of a stretch for him.

Dier makes a mistake a game that could or has cost us. I don’t want him anywhere near the first team in future.

He froze for the goal against Saudi Sportswashing Machine instead of running back to cover the line. Now today he plays a perfect throughball for Salah.

Who was it that did that a couple seasons back, was that Dier?

He’s not good. He’s a better DM than he is a centre back. If he wants to play centre back that’s all well and good but he shouldn’t be playing it for us.

We need to massively improve the back line. The only defenders I trust are Romero and Lenglet. Davies is ok and third in line for me. All the others can go and be replaced.

Dier hasn’t looked as dependable in the RCB role. Idk if it’s fatigue or if he simply plays better as the anchor in the middle CB berth. Probably a bit of both. You need faster players in the left and right positions. Speed of thought and physical speed. You’re half CB half full-back in the wide positions. Dier was solid playing in the middle where he had a bit more time to play, position himself and cover. He doesn’t look half as comfortable on the right. Nunez was getting past Dier wihout thinking.

As outlined you’re not shoe horning, quite the opposite. Royals skill set seems to fit that role in the team far better than wingback which is a bit of a stretch for him.

Yeah i mean Dier started out as a full back and has actually previously played some of his best football for us on the right of a 3 in the 16/17 season for a bunch of games. So the half CB half full back argument works both ways.

Dier makes a mistake a game that could or has cost us. I don’t want him anywhere near the first team in future.

He froze for the goal against Saudi Sportswashing Outfit instead of running back to cover the line. Now today he plays a perfect throughball for Salah.

Who was it that did that a couple seasons back, was that Dier?

He’s not good. He’s a better DM than he is a centre back. If he wants to play centre back that’s all well and good but he shouldn’t be playing it for us.

We need to massively improve the back line. The only defenders I trust are Romero and Lenglet. Davies is ok and third in line for me. All the others can go and be replaced.

I don't particularly rate him, Romero is the only defender in our starting XI i want to see in the team next season, but for now Dier can at least sometimes pass for a PL level player which puts him way above Royal

we lost to a very poor liverpool side at home :(

first goal - i wonder if Davies should have departed from marking salah or should have trusted that Lenglet and Dier to cover the two players in front of goal.

second goal - it was coming, Dier is not a natural defender and even clearly shows it himsefl on the pitch. nonetheless, a very poor mistake that cost us the game.

lenglet is a LCB for Barca but shows us what a proper CCB can do supporting play, Davies and Dier can and should be upgraded if we want to avoid going behind first.

Perisic and Kane up front is the slowest attack in the EPL.

Kulu - what a player. Moura - not so.

Media are Liverpool are BACK !!!
No they were really not good, were gifted two goals and we missed a whole bunch of massive chances in the second half
I felt we was the better team especially 2nd half

I thought they stopped the red card and penalty, double punishment?
Penalty and booking was the rule, have they binned that?

The 'double jeopardy' of red card and penalty was removed where it is a genuine attempt to play the ball that leads to the penalty. But not if you just barge a player off the ball.

The Sess incident today was right in front of us. I just don't understand how it wasn't given there and then but if not, how the ref was not over-ruled by VAR, or at the very least, sent to the screen to review.
That's three opportunities to get the right decision

First goal - can we discuss how we should have defended this tactic to overload the 3 CCBs.

upload_2022-11-7_16-11-45.png
- The long ball goes behind Dier... should he have been closer to lenglet as there is no threat in the space ahead of him?

upload_2022-11-7_16-14-57.png
- davies tracks firminho's run but leaves salah behind him

upload_2022-11-7_16-16-49.png
- salah receives the ball unmarked, hojberg and sess are too far away... maybe sess caught ballwatching but quite sure he was in two minds there and got caught by davies' sudden disapperance.
- should hojberg have joined the defence since there was an obvious overload from the start of the move?

I know its easy to point fingers now but I've noticed in other games that the CBs tend to overload the near post and leave the far post exposed - so either the WB or the Midfielder has to return to occupy the space.

The 'double jeopardy' of red card and penalty was removed where it is a genuine attempt to play the ball that leads to the penalty. But not if you just barge a player off the ball.

The Sess incident today was right in front of us. I just don't understand how it wasn't given there and then but if not, how the ref was not over-ruled by VAR, or at the very least, sent to the screen to review.
That's three opportunities to get the right decision

In the stadium, I was certain it was a push. Saw it on Twitter afterwards, I knew I was proven right. Then listened to commentary and Neville, if I caught it right, said "TAA hasn't done enough there to warrant a penalty". I was shocked. Now here's the bit I do not understand.

If a player feels even the slightest touch on his foot or ankle, you hear "well there was contact so that's a pen" or "he's entitled to go down if he feels a touch".

It is beyond any doubt that there was contact from TAA yesterday and he was absolutely nowhere near the ball. It also wasn't a shoulder, he's shoved Sess in the back. How is that any different and why then is there a question mark over whether or not it was a pen? I heard someone say that Sess went down easy...he's travelling at pace and got shoved in the back. I'm absolutely gobsmacked it wasn't a pen - that happens outside the box and it's a free kick without any question or debate.

In the stadium, I was certain it was a push. Saw it on Twitter afterwards, I knew I was proven right. Then listened to commentary and Neville, if I caught it right, said "TAA hasn't done enough there to warrant a penalty". I was shocked. Now here's the bit I do not understand.

If a player feels even the slightest touch on his foot or ankle, you hear "well there was contact so that's a pen" or "he's entitled to go down if he feels a touch".

It is beyond any doubt that there was contact from TAA yesterday and he was absolutely nowhere near the ball. It also wasn't a shoulder, he's shoved Sess in the back. How is that any different and why then is there a question mark over whether or not it was a pen? I heard someone say that Sess went down easy...he's travelling at pace and got shoved in the back. I'm absolutely gobsmacked it wasn't a pen - that happens outside the box and it's a free kick without any question or debate.
It’s a clear penalty
The only person who says no is Neville and pool fans
I’ve heard pool fans now bring up royals push last year… that was a penalty too
If you come into a player form behind and physically can’t get or make no intention to get the ball, and you stop that player, it has to be a foul

My 8 year old son called out a pen against TAA. He also saw a boot swipe on Hojbjerg late on that the ref also missed. Shocking performance by the ref.

First goal - can we discuss how we should have defended this tactic to overload the 3 CCBs.

View attachment 14723
- The long ball goes behind Dier... should he have been closer to lenglet as there is no threat in the space ahead of him?

View attachment 14724

View attachment 14725
- salah receives the ball unmarked, hojberg and sess are too far away... maybe sess caught ballwatchhe was in two minds there and got caught by davies' sudden disapperance.
- should hojberg have joined the defence since there was an obvious overload from the start of the move?

I know its easy to point fingers now but I've noticed in other games that the CBs tend to overload the near post and leave the far post exposed - so either the WB or the Midfielder has to return to occupy the space.
The fist issue is Robertson’s time to pass… royal has to be much much closer.
Dier IMO positions himself based on where his wing back is. Davies actually marks a man which is ultimately his job. No one form midfield tracks anyone and what you stills don’t show is bissouma walking before realising brick I need to run and bentacur being way behind the play

View attachment 14723

View attachment 14724

View attachment 14725
- salah receives the ball unmarked, hojberg and sess are too far away... maybe sess caught ballwatching but quite sure he was in two minds there and got caught by davies' sudden disapperance.

Misses out peh getting passed around in midfield by salah and then jogging back as salah, firmino and Robertson all run past him. If tracks salah none of that happens.

Back