• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool***

Royal needs to be exited asap
For his own good
Do you go to the games to hear the vitriol against him. It’s big now and actually typical for fans to turn and then stick with their views when they are negative

100%. Every game I hear someone complaining about him beforehand. And even before he makes a mistake you can see the crowd are expecting it. It’s almost a self fulfilling prophecy.

Liverpool were there for the taking. Compare how we played în the last 30 minutes without Sess and Royal on the pitch. Incredible how Conte doesn't see this.
It was nothing to do with ‘without Sess and Royale on the pitch’. We also dominated the first part of the second half. It is our manager’s, negative ‘try not to lose instead of trying to win’ tactics that are hurting us. I hope he soon realises that this is the case and goes less negative as we have the players to dominate games (though bough we do need at least one new centre back in January)

100%. Every game I hear someone complaining about him beforehand. And even before he makes a mistake you can see the crowd are expecting it. It’s almost a self fulfilling prophecy.
It’s because he is a weak link
He can’t attack
It’s a huge part of the game
And his defensive game isn’t good enough to compensate

Didn't watch the game because I knew how it would go.
It's been the same all season, slow and trailing at half time.
Have read the reports and by all accounts we were a little unlucky second half.
Would love to see Gil get some more game time as others have already pointed out he should have come on today.
Also Spence has to be tried, his pace would scare anyone.
Happy to hear Kulu had an impact and Bentacur had another good game. Those two really were fantastic buys for us.
Also, really happy with Lenglet, saw him a few times with Barcelona and he was out of his depth there.

We deserved at least a point on balance of play but ultimately only have ourselves to blame for being in the position we were

It was nothing to do with ‘without Sess and Royale on the pitch’. We also dominated the first part of the second half. It is our manager’s, negative ‘try not to lose instead of trying to win’ tactics that are hurting us. I hope he soon realises that this is the case and goes less negative as we have the players to dominate games (though bough we do need at least one new centre back in January)
We dominated decent chunks of the first half but made mistakes

It’s what they do. Odious clams.

We were brilliant. No idea how we lost that game. Kulu outstanding when he came on. Bentancur magnificent again. Lenglet I thought was very good. We deserved a lot more. That wasn’t like the other games we lost this season.
One thing that I am encouraged by is that Lengletn looks decent in the middle. It means that we don’t need to play the liability that is Dier once Romero is back. If we could sign Ndicka (only 6 months left at Frankfurt) then it would give us the option to maintain or 3-4-3 or even actually man up and play 4 at the back that would allow us to actually dominate games in the middle

One thing that I am encouraged by is that Lengletn looks decent in the middle. It means that we don’t need to play the liability that is Dier once Romero is back. If we could sign Ndicka (only 6 months left at Frankfurt) then it would give us the option to maintain or 3-4-3 or even actually man up and play 4 at the back that would allow us to actually dominate games in the middle

I’ve been lukewarm on Lenglet but thought he was excellent today. Really should put Dier under pressure when Romero is back coz you’d have to consider Romero, Lenglet and Davies. I suspect Conte may stick with Dier though.

I’ve been lukewarm on Lenglet but thought he was excellent today. Really should put Dier under pressure when Romero is back coz you’d have to consider Romero, Lenglet and Davies. I suspect Conte may stick with Dier though.
Hopefully it’s a non issue as the transfer window will be open by then and we’ve bought someone on 1st Jan….

Hopefully it’s a non issue as the transfer window will be open by then and we’ve bought someone on 1st Jan….

Be great if we did but I’m skeptical we will splash out.

Only thing ill say in Diers defence is he looked very solid up to about 3 weeks ago and he’s been a liability since. Wonder if the number of games is taking a toll on him. He has always had a mistake in him but the last few weeks have been crazy. Besides the ones that have resulted in goals, he’s gotten away with a few more.

Diers error cost is the winning goal
But there were a number of other things over the 90 that could have had an impact
Sorry mate but he gets hidden away in a 3 and yet he contributes almost nothing to our attacking play and costs us goals defensively. He wouldn’t play for any other team in the ‘top 6’ and might even struggle for a game in the top 10.

The header was fine
It’s normal
The fact he fluffed it so what made it look so bad
That’s what happens when you have players in the team with poor touch. We should have far better and buying far better wouldn’t even cost much. He’s even taking up a valuable overseas player place in the squad!

I don’t think he is
He isn’t world class
He is normally steady
But he also seemed drain
he is rubbish in a 2 and nowhere near good enough in a 3. We could’ve taken Tarkowski on a free and been far better defensively while also freeing up a valuable overseas place in the squad. Until Dier is (at best) a bench option then THFC aren’t challenging for any of the big trophies.

he is rubbish in a 2 and nowhere near good enough in a 3. We could’ve taken Tarkowski on a free and been far better defensively while also freeing up a valuable overseas place in the squad. Until Dier is (at best) a bench option then THFC aren’t challenging for any of the big trophies.
One has to assume that Conte didn't want Tarkowski...

Sorry but that just isn’t true…. They didn’t ‘open us up’ at all.
.Bypassed our midfield with ease in the first 30 minutes . Our press was disjointed. Thiago and Fabinho had loads of time and space.Nunez and Salah got on the ball in the final third plenty. If you did not see that fair enough but we are not going to agree.

Have to admit that I haven't seen what the fuss was about regarding Royal, but he's not that bad. The stick he got in the stadium was sad to watch, and you could see that it impacted him. As they say, boo them in pubs and message boards, not at the game.
The brick he gets is disgraceful. Bentancur put in an equally diabolical cross a minute later but let’s not mention that.

Back