• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool***

Didn't watch the game because I knew how it would go.
It's been the same all season, slow and trailing at half time.
Have read the reports and by all accounts we were a little unlucky second half.
Would love to see Gil get some more game time as others have already pointed out he should have come on today.
Also Spence has to be tried, his pace would scare anyone.
Happy to hear Kulu had an impact and Bentacur had another good game. Those two really were fantastic buys for us.
Also, really happy with Lenglet, saw him a few times with Barcelona and he was out of his depth there.

Didn't watch the game because I knew how it would go.
It's been the same all season, slow and trailing at half time.
Have read the reports and by all accounts we were a little unlucky second half.
Would love to see Gil get some more game time as others have already pointed out he should have come on today.
Also Spence has to be tried, his pace would scare anyone.
Happy to hear Kulu had an impact and Bentacur had another good game. Those two really were fantastic buys for us.
We were the better side and was a lot more than a little lucky

How can they see similar things so differently so quickly
Just praise whatever gods you worship that you don't have to watch the game with Norwegian commentators. It's so biased and nonsensical it's unreal to the extent that you suspect they're castoffs from the gardening program division or something. I do not condone violence of any kind, but half a game listening to them makes your slapping arm go erect like a blue mag to a teenager.

On your last paragraph: the goalies also regularly hold the ball for well upwards of 10 seconds on many if not most occasions.

A few indirect free kicks in box would liven things up a bit.

And it seems kicking the ball away or holding then throwing away it is allowed again, wasting more time.

They both annoy me. What was wrong with the 6 second rule we had once upon a time? Can you imagine if keepers weren't allowed to just catch it and drop on the floor for 10secs before they get up and waste another 10! Also on Free Kicks I agree, There should be a rule that if the ref blows the whistle for a foul any player hindering an instant restart gets booked, Whether that's picking up the ball and walking away, kicking the ball away or standing in front of the kick taker, Drives me nuts!

So what he has won elsewhere vindicates the Sess and Royal experiment that he is adamant works but clearly does not?

And his aversion to change is ok because what he won at one of our bitter rivals?

Hmmmm
You're guessing as much as I am, who is better and fitter than who we have played? But I do think Conte has been stubborn re Spence not trying him more. Do we not trust Conte on this? Seems like no one trusts Conte's judgment, everyone is entitled to an opinion but we don't see the lads day in and out. However I think we all agree we need upgrades on the wingbacks.

You're guessing as much as I am, who is better and fitter than who we have played? But I do think Conte has been stubborn re Spence not trying him more. Do we not trust Conte on this? Seems like no one trusts Conte's judgment, everyone is entitled to an opinion but we don't see the lads day in and out. However I think we all agree we need upgrades on the wingbacks.

I was being sarcastic but it works both ways, do you trust Conte judgement playing Royal without fail every game even if he is frankly beyond turgid? I think we are entitled to question decisions that seem based on pure blind loyalty and TBH when you ask do we trust him to judge what he sees in training, I would say based on what he judges ok to start without question then the jury is out on some things

I was being sarcastic but it works both ways, do you trust Conte judgement playing Royal without fail every game even if he is frankly beyond turgid? I think we are entitled to question decisions that seem based on pure blind loyalty and TBH when you ask do we trust him to judge what he sees in training, I would say based on what he judges ok to start without question then the jury is out on some things
Fans plus the opposition think he toilet
Conte and some other fans think he is decent

On your last paragraph: the goalies also regularly hold the ball for well upwards of 10 seconds on many if not most occasions.

A few indirect free kicks in box would liven things up a bit.

And it seems kicking the ball away or holding then throwing away it is allowed again, wasting more time.

Foul throws seem to be a thing of yesteryear too. I spotted three today, including a really blatant one from Davies second half.

I trust Conte to have his reasons way beyond pure blind loyalty. We may not agree with his reasoning even if we could somehow know what it was, but I think we can safely assume that he has good reasons for his decisions.

I trust Conte to have his reasons way beyond pure blind loyalty. We may not agree with his reasoning even if we could somehow know what it was, but I think we can safely assume that he has good reasons for his decisions.

Yeh we can, but we can also think he is a good manager and respect his record and question those decisions which I find people can't seem to separate on here. If he continues to pick Freundberg and the Brazilian Dean Austin in the next game, which we all know with near certainty he will then I think its fair that fans can question the reasoning especially when other players seem to be judged by different standards.

It does not mean anyone if calling for Conte head

True enough. Even so the way he persists with Royal does beg questions. We can only assume Spence has not looked remotely good enough in training.

You’re right but his decision making is awful and Doherty is so much better going forward. Thought the crowd reaction to one of his fudge ups was pretty awful to be honest. The roof nearly came off the place in frustration.

Agreed. It ended the game for him. It’s his second season. He did well midweek. He’s a decent sub and squad player, but does look lost in attack. Fan pressure can’t help. At 23 he can develop still.

Last edited:
Agreed. It ended the game for him. It’s his first season. He did well midweek. He’s a decent sub and squad player, but does look lost in attack. Fan pressure can’t help.

Agreed. I thought he started brilliantly then he got in an attacking position, Dier overlapped and was on and Royal came inside to Hojbjerg who was marked, Liverpool broke and only for Lenglet (I think), they’d have scored. After that he went downhill and the ball in the second half that saw the crowd turn was dreadful. Almost as bad as the crowds reaction.

Agreed. I thought he started brilliantly then he got in an attacking position, Dier overlapped and was on and Royal came inside to Hojbjerg who was marked, Liverpool broke and only for Lenglet (I think), they’d have scored. After that he went downhill and the ball in the second half that saw the crowd turn was dreadful. Almost as bad as the crowds reaction.

its just so predictable. Everyone knew what was coming next. But you can’t boo your own player!

Royal is similar to Davies. Probably more accomplished. Just not comfortable in the final third. The pressure on him is too much. Same with Sess, who’s done okay. Still gets slated and you can feel the pressure on their shoulders. At 22/23 years old it’s not easy to carry. I. The final third you can feel them freeze.

Royal Dier Lenglet

Might be the best back 3 of the fit players. With Doherty/Spence playing RWB

At least the upgrades needed are clear now. Been saying for a while our weakness is the back 5. They need protection and hold us back from playing more expansively.

With a lot of players out, we were a little unlucky not to get something from the game. So not all bad. The way we played second half was positive. Seeing our midfield become a strong unit is a big plus. The way we start games and how we ceed possession still needs addressing.

Royal Dier Lenglet

Might be the best back 3 of the fit players. With Doherty/Spence playing RWB
Royal needs to be exited asap
For his own good
Do you go to the games to hear the vitriol against him. It’s big now and actually typical for fans to turn and then stick with their views when they are negative

Back