• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool ***

I want us to really go at them tonight. I would rather fail trying than sit back endlessly a la Chelsea. We have the players to really hurt their makeshift defence. Let's play on the front foot from the outset. This tactic is likely to catch them out. I would love a fully fit Bale in the team instead of Bergwyn playing as an auxillary full back.

Let's attack . Let's end their unbeaten home record. To dare is to do. COYS

It a game i used to hate looking forward to going, first time was back in 64 ( we lost 1-3) since then if my memory serves me we have only won a handful of times. Really hoping that we can see that change today.

So, this will be the top-of-the-table clash between Livepool and us. It won't be easy for us. Traditionally we have a poor record against Liverpool, winning just 1 of our last 17 matches against them, home or away in all the competitions. We have a even poorer record away at Liverpool, being without a win there since 2011. And who can forget the CL Final defeat 2 years ago ? So, it is going to be a tense match. We need all the players to lift their game against Liverpool. Ideally want us to win but will accept a draw. Mourinho seems to have a good record against Liverpool. Let's hope he can inspire us to beat Liverpool to stay top of the league.

Everybody dance now! Boom shaka laka all the players fully fit, especially Lamela. This is the type of game Lamela normally do well. Remember how Lamela won us the penalty to help us draw 2-2 at Liverpool in 2018. Too bad he is still out injured. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to get at least a draw in this match.

fudge I remember that day all too painfully. Wasnt long after City dingdonged us 6-0. An utterly abject and spineless performance with Paulinho getting sent off for putting in the only "challenge" he ever put in in a Spurs shirt.

That sort of bad memory will keep me grounded for this evening anyway. Nervous as fudge.
It was the day that Levy finally woke up to AVB being a fraud.... played a high line with the speed merchants of Dawson and Capoue as our two center backs.

I want us to really go at them tonight. I would rather fail trying than sit back endlessly a la Chelsea. We have the players to really hurt their makeshift defence. Let's play on the front foot from the outset. This tactic is likely to catch them out. I would love a fully fit Bale in the team instead of Bergwyn playing as an auxillary full back.

Let's attack . Let's end their unbeaten home record. To dare is to do. COYS

I think that is very unlikely with this manager.

I think that is very unlikely with this manager.

I want us to go at them in the right way and at the right times. Agreed I think hurting them is about continuing the pragmatic approach, playing on the counter.

However I hope we're a bit more bold than we were in the second halves against Chelsea and Palace.

Edit: Based on Mourinho's presser, the players didn't do what he asked of them on both these occasions. So Jose will be hoping the players show a bit more zest tonight also.

I remember that game. The qtr final. We got applauded off by the Liverpool fans that evening. Teddy and Jurgen were brilliant that day. We then got tonked by a far inferior Everton team in the semis.

That is the one, we were great in the Pool game but really brick against Everton. :mad:

I wonder which side Son will play on tonight. It'll be down to whichever FB Mourinho thinks he has a better chance of getting behind
Seeing as we have a fairly smart front line, I suspect it will be whichever one is pushing forward the most.

Back