• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool ***

Sissoko out on the right is baffling - he's caught in no man's land all the time, and while he does offer some power going forward, it's at the cost of leaving Aurier totally exposed at the back against Mane and Robertson.

Second half, bring Sissoko back inside, move Lo Celso up to that right hand side so he can ping passes from that position. Let Sissoko do what he does best and cover for Aurier.

Subs and fitness is going to be important. Both teams looked tired after 40 mins!

I think Mourinho is afraid of us falling foul of their press. So rather play through the middle we either clear long or pass back so they can clear long! He is probably right, we are not good enough to play through a fresh pool. But if we can hang in there, we can win this. Might be a war of attrition. Who has some energy left after 70 mins.

Its not always pleasant watching but exciting none the less!

Didn't realise this was on Amazon, thanks to the brick OMT. Sadly now tuned in for the usual fudgewits to eulogize about the Dips for 10 minutes.

I'd move Sissoko back centrally, Son to RM and Lo Celso #10
Our goal came from having GLC centrally, all of our attempted breaks have come from GLC central moments. Put Sissoko there and our goal never happens and Liverpool are just as likely to have scored theirs and created what they have done.

I'd move Sissoko back centrally, Son to RM and Lo Celso #10
Son is not good enough defensively to be playing out on the right we are being ripped apart that side. Wouldn’t surprise me if Berjwin gets switched to the other side.

Sissoko out on the right is baffling - he's caught in no man's land all the time, and while he does offer some power going forward, it's at the cost of leaving Aurier totally exposed at the back against Mane and Robertson.

Second half, bring Sissoko back inside, move Lo Celso up to that right hand side so he can ping passes from that position. Let Sissoko do what he does best and cover for Aurier.
Problem with that plan is that our only out balls are coming from deep, central positions.

We absolutely do not want to be relying on Sissoko as our creative outlet.

We don't so much need a foot in, we need press resistance and passing range. Neither are really Dele strengths although he can do a job in that respect. Ndombele seems more suited but for Sissoko, GLC should NOT come off the pitch.
I don’t disagree. I just wonder if ndombele has not started because Jose wants hard work and energy in the midfield. Certainly seems that way from the starting line up. Dele will work harder. I do agree Sissoko has been very poor today. Something needs to change.

Our goal came from having GLC centrally, all of our attempted breaks have come from GLC central moments. Put Sissoko there and our goal never happens and Liverpool are just as likely to have scored theirs and created what they have done.

I get that but Sissoko on the right isn't working. If we pull him inside, we need someone else there, the obvious choices are Son and Lo Celso.

The ball will never get to GLC if we move Sissoko to the middle and him out wide. The pressure we are facing won't change but our possession as limited as it is will decrease in quality.

Apologies, it wasn't intended to read that way.

I was just trying to say that he's bringing a lot to the team.
Np. Don’t get me wrong he’s a better footballer than Moura but the way we are set up the job becomes harder when we give the ball away needlessly when we do have it.

He made a great save from Firmino and also made 2 or 3 saves he should be making, to say he has not been tested is just ignorant.

there was a big push before that firminho effort, had it gone in VAR would have ruled it out, plus, he should be saving that anyway, as he did

Back