• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs. Lesstarrr ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

greatwhitenorf

Vedran Corluka
Sunday.
Up at their joint.
Big audition for a future Spurs manager whom we mostly disapprove of.

Doesn't matter who plays, really. Too many haven't shown up in many games this dreadful season.

spurs-mug_orig.jpg

They say supporting Spurs is a mug’s game. If that’s true, then let this crocked mug, a chipped, cracked and stained casualty of the ruinous era of Jose Mourinho, stand in symbolic representation. It has served its last cup of coffee.

A souvenir from my son’s guided tour visit to MegaLane™ soon after it opened in 2019, it was transported with care across the Atlantic and delivered to the happy recipient.

It came down off The Kitchen Shelf weekend mornings and delivered well-brewed coffee to its appreciative owner as Spurs games played out. More often in hope than expectation. It saw the best of times, and, as it now sits broken and unusable in its usual position, it’s still seeing the worst of times.

With Spurs proud badger logo on both sides, it couldn’t fail to bear witness to some brilliant football and world opinion-shaping media and forum posts from it’s owner as it sat next to a busy, clacking keyboard in front of a large, hi-def computer screen.

But it also endured the cream-curdling drudgery, the sour, joyless inevitability of the Mourinho reign. It was raised in delight to toast the news that Mourinho had been fired. But the damage had been done.

Its fleeting, turmoil-racked tenure came to a crashing, if fitting, conclusion early Saturday as its owner, still hopeful Spurs season could end positively, reacted with emotion and energy to a ridiculously disallowed goal from Harry Kane against Leeds. The table was bumped, shifted sideways and the near empty mug wobbled slightly away before tumbling off and onto an unforgiving hardwood floor.

Truth be told, like so many overpriced items sold in stadium souvenir shops, it was never the best quality, never the stoutest mug, the sides considerably thinner than similar sized but better crafted mugs, allowing the hot coffee within to cool, like Spurs hopes and ambitions, prematurely.

It looked good at arms length but a closer view revealed inherent flaws. Like Spurs mismanaged back line, discernible crack lines formed inside and out as it was immersed in hot water, used to clean off coffee stains as much as the bitter dregs of a season run dry.

A sad end to both a time of promise and a great servant to the club. We will not see its like again.

Last edited:
5-0 Leicester.

They need goals to try and get into top 4.

Villa/Leeds could have put many more past us if they had the strikers Leicester do.

The last day train wreck 5-1 against Saudi Sportswashing Machine springs to mind.
If I was Mason I'd resign now and preserve my dignity.

Sunday.
Up at their joint.
Big audition for a future Spurs manager whom we mostly disapprove of.

Doesn't matter who plays, really. Too many haven't shown up in many games this dreadful season.

spurs-mug_orig.jpg

They say supporting Spurs is a mug’s game. If that’s true, then let this crocked mug, a chipped, cracked and stained casualty of the ruinous era of Jose Mourinho, stand in symbolic representation. It has served its last cup of coffee.

A souvenir from my son’s guided tour visit to MegaLane™ soon after it opened in 2019, it was transported with care across the Atlantic and delivered to the happy recipient.

It came down off The Kitchen Shelf weekend mornings and delivered well-brewed coffee to its appreciative owner as Spurs games played out. More often in hope than expectation. It saw the best of times, and, as it now sits broken and unusable in its usual position, it’s still seeing the worst of times.

With Spurs proud badger logo on both sides, it couldn’t fail to bear witness to some brilliant football and world opinion-shaping media and forum posts from it’s owner as it sat next to a busy, clacking keyboard in front of a large, hi-def computer screen.

But it also endured the cream-curdling drudgery, the sour, joyless inevitability of the Mourinho reign. It was raised in delight to toast the news that Mourinho had been fired. But the damage had been done.

Its fleeting, turmoil-racked tenure came to a crashing, if fitting, conclusion early Saturday as its owner, still hopeful Spurs season could end positively, reacted with emotion and energy to a ridiculously disallowed goal from Harry Kane against Leeds. The table was bumped, shifted sideways and the near empty mug wobbled slightly away before tumbling off and onto an unforgiving hardwood floor.

Truth be told, like so many overpriced items sold in stadium souvenir shops, it was never the best quality, never the stoutest mug, the sides considerably thinner than similar sized but better crafted mugs, allowing the hot coffee within to cool, like Spurs hopes and ambitions, prematurely.

It looked good at arms length but a closer view revealed inherent flaws. Like Spurs mismanaged back line, discernible crack lines formed inside and out as it was immersed in hot water, used to clean off coffee stains as much as the bitter dregs of a season run dry.

A sad end to both a time of promise and a great servant to the club. We will not see its like again.
Best OMT of the season. You'll get rewarded with a 7-0 Leicester win.

We should get royally spanked shouldn't we? They have it all to play for, Chance of CL, Home in front of their fans again, They even have the legend that is Wes Morgan retiring etc. In fact, if we do get up for this one it's only gonna tinkle me off even more!

I Wont watch it. Haven’t seen the last few games - only watched the cup final because it was a cup final.

i miss proper football, where players can tackle. Where players accept this should be a contact sport. Where acting doesn’t get you a penalty. When goals are given instantly and not taken away for unbelievable reasons (Lucas being fouled and the ball being kicked at him, hitting his shoulder and it being classed as a handball, or the penalty for the Eric Dier “handball” against Saudi Sportswashing Machine), where offsides are given for clear offsides not because your sleeve happens to be a pixel ahead of the last man, where there was no such thing as VAR, where money hadn’t completely ruined the game, where players were not as cynical (Laporte, Luke Shaw etc) as they are now.

As you can probably tell, football has been ruined for me, ruined by greed, by the Authorities, ruined by a cynical win at all costs attitude.

I dont enjoy it anymore. A game I loved has been destroyed and is now unrecognisable.

where offsides are given for clear offsides not because your sleeve happens to be a pixel ahead of the last man,
Yes the current law on offside is pathetic. Great post by the way...mind you if spurs were flourishing in this dreadful modern football, somehow I wouldn't mind it so much !!

What would you prefer out of a couple of the many potential outcomes tomorrow?

Option 1:
Spurs lose, Chelsea draw/lose, Arsenal draw/lose = Chelsea EL, Spurs CnfL

Option 2:
Spurs win, West Ham lose = Chelsea CL, Spurs EL

Think I’m taking option 1!

What would you prefer out of a couple of the many potential outcomes tomorrow?

Option 1:
Spurs lose, Chelsea draw/lose, Arsenal draw/lose = Chelsea EL, Spurs CnfL

Option 2:
Spurs win, West Ham lose = Chelsea CL, Spurs EL

Think I’m taking option 1!

Option 2 - whatever is best for Spurs has to be the answer.
Plus I want to end the season with just a bit of the upbeat feeling that comes from a win. Even if it's dwarfed by all the things that have gone wrong this season, it'll be far better than ending with a(nother) defeat.

Option 2 - whatever is best for Spurs has to be the answer.
Plus I want to end the season with just a bit of the upbeat feeling that comes from a win. Even if it's dwarfed by all the things that have gone wrong this season, it'll be far better than ending with a(nother) defeat.

Yeah but when you see them clams releasing articles about harry kane on their official website and john terry talking ahead of villa’s game (as their assistant manager) how he’d never manage spurs etc, it would be a thing of beauty to see them miss out on CL.

Yeah but when you see them clams releasing articles about harry kane on their official website and john terry talking ahead of villa’s game (as their assistant manager) how he’d never manage spurs etc, it would be a thing of beauty to see them miss out on CL.

Who knows, they might qualify anyway come 29th May.

Back