• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester *** 22/08/2015 3pm

I was in a box with Masons dad and a few friends. Wasn't great.

I must admit I have never enjoyed in a game in a hospitality box, not that I have had the chance too many times over the years, Can't beat being amongst the Yid army on an awayday. Although yesterday, whether it was due to the heat, there was an extraordinary amount of supporters who appear to have over-indulged, there were bodies on the floor everywhere around me when Alli scored

I must admit I have never enjoyed in a game in a hospitality box, not that I have had the chance too many times over the years, Can't beat being amongst the Yid army on an awayday. Although yesterday, whether it was due to the heat, there was an extraordinary amount of supporters who appear to have over-indulged, there were bodies on the floor everywhere around me when Alli scored

Yeah I wished I was there when we scored. Not a fan of boxes either. You're right though you can't beat an away day!

It was a stonewall pen.

Got away with one there, as we did with Dembele not being red carded.

WALOB - absolute crap! I'm sorry but I was there and it happened right in front of me, in real time as the ref would have seen it. Yes there was some shirt holding but from both players and Verts was brave enough to go in for the tackle and win the ball - clean honest tackle! Poor defending??? Well timed and bold, brilliant defending!

Get your head out of the negative slump and look at this game - away from home against the in form team in the prem, hardly looked in trouble all game but let down by the same old mentality. We look far stronger this season so far but are lacking pace to trouble teams. I hope this is sorted out soon and I think we will have a good season.

This is a bit abrasive but I don't care, you people need to be told!

WALOB - absolute crap! I'm sorry but I was there and it happened right in front of me, in real time as the ref would have seen it. Yes there was some shirt holding but from both players and Verts was brave enough to go in for the tackle and win the ball - clean honest tackle! Poor defending??? Well timed and bold, brilliant defending!

Get your head out of the negative slump and look at this game - away from home against the in form team in the prem, hardly looked in trouble all game but let down by the same old mentality. We look far stronger this season so far but are lacking pace to trouble teams. I hope this is sorted out soon and I think we will have a good season.

look all the negative etc is no good but I'm sorry it was a penalty all day long took his foot before the ball seen plenty of replays.

shirt holding or not pen. Verts was poor for the goal to let him come inside on to his strong foot defending 101 show them the byline/ weak foot

Brilliant defending?!

It was foolish and he was lucky to get away with it!

I'm sure most of the non bias media reporters who say we got away with one by not giving away a penalty were also in the ground.

look all the negative etc is no good but I'm sorry it was a penalty all day long took his foot before the ball seen plenty of replays.

shirt holding or not pen. Verts was poor for the goal to let him come inside on to his strong foot defending 101 show them the byline/ weak foot

Bollox to replays - he won the ball the old fashioned way, from where I was the ball went in the opposite way to our goal so good defending no? More people need to actually watch football

Brilliant defending?!

It was foolish and he was lucky to get away with it!

I'm sure most of the non bias media reporters who say we got away with one by not giving away a penalty were also in the ground.

The ref was looking right at it and he was in a perfect position to judge, probably better then you were.

I can't understand why we keep expecting our AMs to defend - and also blame them for not assisting Kane enough. This all comes down to our stupid use of 4231 without the players to implement it. If Poch is insistant on using that formation come what may, then we need two dedicated DMs to protect the back four and let the AMs display their flair in an attacking context. At the moment we are neither one thing or the other. Result - hopeless at both.

It's defending from the front that they need to do

Not sitting in front of the centre backs

And it's woefully and to be caught out from a re start as its shows you didn't know where to be

Bollox to replays - he won the ball the old fashioned way, from where I was the ball went in the opposite way to our goal so good defending no? More people need to actually watch football

Old fashion way is now sadly a foul.

His foot went through the players.

Verts kicked his standing foot which in turn knocked ball away. was a pen we got away with one happy days.

So no not good defending lucky ref never spotted it.

Great post. Far too sensible....

Spot on re: opposition fans. We stayed behind after the match as we were in the Holiday Inn next to the ground. They were certainly very happy with a point and does not surprise me in the least to read what they said on their forum.
Re: our support at the match. Singing was top notch, again, but a little disappointed with the minority who chucked bottles at the home fans after the equaliser, we don't need to stoop to that level. Loved the reaction we gave Alli when he came on, must have really made him buzz. Hope Kane doesn't get jealous.....

That's really disappointing to hear. Idiots.

I can't understand why we keep expecting our AMs to defend - and also blame them for not assisting Kane enough. This all comes down to our stupid use of 4231 without the players to implement it. If Poch is insistant on using that formation come what may, then we need two dedicated DMs to protect the back four and let the AMs display their flair in an attacking context. At the moment we are neither one thing or the other. Result - hopeless at both.

I agree with what you say about our AMs...It really hit home for me last season away to Man Utd, that the AM's don't understand their defensive duties, especially out wide.

Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela, Townsend as the inverted wingers behind the lone front man, all seem to have lapses of concentration, some call them brain farts, in far to many games for the set-up to be persisted with. I believe it's gone on for long enough now for us all to know, that these players will not improve in their defending of those wide areas and that this will cost us points over the season.

Poch is not budging on his 4-2-3-1 and rather than switch to defensively less demanding instructions for the front players by using a 4-3-3 formation, we now see Dembele deployed out wide instead.

When I look at players like Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela, Townsend, I see any two of them best utilised up top alongside Kane in a 4-3-3. They're actually all forward players who need to have alleviation of their defensive duties as they're now. If Poch frees them up from having to track back into the full back areas and instead have them defending from the front, when we've not got the ball alongside Kane, I believe we will see an improvement in our all round play.

It's an interesting debate and I must admit I have shifted a little towards AMs doing more when we lose the ball. My knowledge of systems is not that great but in the 4231 system aren't Eriksen and Chadli supposed to press hard to win the ball higher up the pitch even if we don't expect them to drop deep to defend? I don't see any of this pressing from them either but rather that both players drift in and out of the game. I would still like us to sign an experienced, competent defensive midfielder to help when we are defending deep

He is bang on with this IMO...

Or lucky....

He is 100% right it's all pass and no movement

We ah be players who are all samey and lack a variety which I hope NjIe brings to the table

If we can complement guile and ability with pace w shave diversity which makes us harder to defend against which in turn means we bring more of the oppositions players into a defensive farme of mind rather than in a comfort zone

Back