• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester *** 22/08/2015 3pm

Having just seen the goal how come Chadli has got off so lightly for criticism????

He left Davies on his own defending against two players who he had struggled with all game

The 3 behind Kane need to buck their ideas up massively, particularly down the left

No good meandering forward if you don't do a shift in defence

This was a key problem for me. Poch was furious.

We all thought the first-half resembled a training exercise in possession with no forwards. There are a few players out there clearly playing without the confidence to 'take' the game by the scruff, and are afraid to dare and do. If we can give the manager the pace he wants and give Kane a mate (he did some brilliant things today) then it will...be...fine.

Agree with you Kandi and I did post it a month or so ago re Kane. I stuck my neck out and said I didn't think he'd get into double figures in the Premier League this season. Whether that's a case of him being overhyped last season or the fact he's job is more difficult this season either way that's what I believe.

In the first-half he was isolated and served by no-one. In the second-half, once Poch had switched the system and he had a couple of mates closer by, despite being tracked and marked by three players, I thought he showed some excellent stuff.

Now that it's calmed down a bit here's my tuppence worth. Terrible game that Leicester tried to strangle. Most of the time they had 11 behind the ball and all our attempts to draw they out and create space failed.
Negative
Are our midfielders taking it in turns to pass to the opposition? There was a 3 yard pass today from one of them that went straight to a Leicester player.
Positive
Twice in the first 5 mins we played wide balls out into space for the FBs. First one almost led to something second one walker lets it run under foot. Been crying out for this for ages but after that Leicester got wind of it and closed them off.

A frustrating rather than terrible display but Leicester must take some credit/blame for that.

I dont know if we are in the minority or not, but I am glad somebody saw the match similar to me.

Now I am not the most optimist of Spurs fans at the best of time, but, although I wouldnt go as far as to say we bossed the first half I never thought we were in too much danger. 2nd half we were in control until Lamela gave a bad pass away on around 60mins and we lost some momentum, got it back when Ali came on.
Definitely were wobbling after the equaliser and admit we were lucky not to concede a 2nd, but in stoppage time we were finishing the stronger, and believe me the home crowd celebrated that point like they had won the league

Nutshell.
We have issues that the chairman needs to address for our manager, but we really were in control for most of this match...

Agree with you Kandi and I did post it a month or so ago re Kane. I stuck my neck out and said I didn't think he'd get into double figures in the Premier League this season. Whether that's a case of him being overhyped last season or the fact he's job is more difficult this season either way that's what I believe.

Not getting at you in particular mate but I get really irritated by all this "flash in the pan" nonsense surrounding Harry Kane. It's just lazy and has no basis whatsoever. This guy is so much more than just tap in goals. His movement, his vision, his strength and his running mark him out for me as a special striker. What will fooking do for him this season is not that centre backs will have "worked him out " but if he has to carry the attack on his own. We need to sign another striker to take some pressure off the boy other wise he will burn out. I am tinkled he went to the Euros with the under 21s while also being picked for the senior squad the FA want their cake and all that. If he goes to the euros with the seniors this summer he will be completely knackered next season.

Not getting at you in particular mate but I get really irritated by all this "flash in the pan" nonsense surrounding Harry Kane. It's just lazy and has no basis whatsoever. This guy is so much more than just tap in goals. His movement, his vision, his strength and his running mark him out for me as a special striker. What will fooking do for him this season is not that centre backs will have "worked him out " but if he has to carry the attack on his own. We need to sign another striker to take some pressure off the boy other wise he will burn out. I am tinkleed he went to the Euros with the under 21s while also being picked for the senior squad the FA want their cake and all that. If he goes to the euros with the seniors this summer he will be completely knackered next season.

I don't have him marked out as a special striker as you do. I think he's a great player to have at the club - no one trains harder from what I'm told and his attitude is spot on.

I believe he is tired yes after last season and then the U21's but at the same time it's his job and also the job of our coaches and manager to manage this - they're paid enough as we all know!

Something just tells me he isn't gonna have another season like last season again. Hope I'm wrong.

Kane is incredible, he just takes it down, beats a man, drives towards goal, beats a man, all whilst carrying 3 defenders on his back.

Meanwhile Ben Davies and Jan Vertonghen are in negative marks out of 10

sell davies buy shlopp !

I don't have him marked out as a special striker as you do. I think he's a great player to have at the club - no one trains harder from what I'm told and his attitude is spot on.

I believe he is tired yes after last season and then the U21's but at the same time it's his job and also the job of our coaches and manager to manage this - they're paid enough as we all know!

Something just tells me he isn't gonna have another season like last season again. Hope I'm wrong.
I absolutely guarantee if he was put up for sale now Man Utd and bricky would be all over him.

One of the main problems we have when it comes to defending is the three behind Kane just do not do enough. Last week Eriksen failed to pick up a runner who subsequently crossed for diouf's equaliser. Today it was Chadli. this overloads the full backs and pulls the centre backs apart. This needs addressing and not by buying more defenders.

This was a key problem for me. Poch was furious.

We all thought the first-half resembled a training exercise in possession with no forwards. There are a few players out there clearly playing without the confidence to 'take' the game by the scruff, and are afraid to dare and do. If we can give the manager the pace he wants and give Kane a mate (he did some brilliant things today) then it will...be...fine.
Far too sensible steff I'd rather go with PANIC and sack the manager. Perhaps replace him with redknapp, that should do it...

As I have said previously, I foresee a roller coaster season, this young squad is going to take some time to become greater than the sum of it's parts. I must concede that I couldn't see any reason whatsoever that Poch should be appointed coach, but now he is here I am in favor of seeing the project through.

Last week against Stoke it was Davies' exceptional run and cross which led to Chadli's goal. He is a young, inconsistent player who needs more experience and help from the midfield guy in front of him.
Lol sorry for the he hyperbole, just can't help it

One of the main problems we have when it comes to defending is the three behind Kane just do not do enough. Last week Eriksen failed to pick up a runner who subsequently crossed for diouf's equaliser. Today it was Chadli. this overloads the full backs and pulls the centre backs apart. This needs addressing and not by buying more defenders.
This is exactly why I'm often critical of poochs system week in week out teams are killing us by doubling up on walker or davies/rose while forward players watch on. And when they do come back we get the chadli/lamela tackle which is not helping.
60 games in this is still happening to often.

This is exactly why I'm often critical of poochs system week in week out teams are killing us by doubling up on walker or davies/rose while forward players watch on. And when they do come back we get the chadli/lamela tackle which is not helping.
60 games in this is still happening to often.
I agree and judging by poch's comments he does see this too. Why it hasn't translated into a change I'm not sure. Anyway if Eriksen and Chadli were not so ineffectual at defending, ( I know that you mentioned lamela but I think Eriksen is a far bigger culprit) the need for a defensive midfielder would not be so pressing.

Just got back and read through the last couple of pages of this thread, wow there are some moaning sods here and its getting as bad as some other forums. The game itself was not the best but some of the absolute rubbish that some have posted is way over the top.

We played a team that have taken 28 points out of the last 32 and allowed them only two shots on target ( one was the goal), do we need to do better? damn right we do but to hear some/same posters bitching about a game that I would hazard a guess some never even watched is crazy.

This player is brick, that player is crap , he is to blame, no he is to blame, for Christ sake some really need to get a grip and try and stop bitching and whining like old ladys. We are a young side with one or two players who need to either step up or move on, its seems to me they are a couple of posters who must be real sad people in real life as all they do ( on here anyway) is bitch.

There is nothing wrong with valid criticism but I see very little of that from some who seem determined to slag off no matter what.

Not getting at you in particular mate but I get really irritated by all this "flash in the pan" nonsense surrounding Harry Kane. It's just lazy and has no basis whatsoever. This guy is so much more than just tap in goals. His movement, his vision, his strength and his running mark him out for me as a special striker. What will fooking do for him this season is not that centre backs will have "worked him out " but if he has to carry the attack on his own. We need to sign another striker to take some pressure off the boy other wise he will burn out. I am tinkleed he went to the Euros with the under 21s while also being picked for the senior squad the FA want their cake and all that. If he goes to the euros with the seniors this summer he will be completely knackered next season.
Well, if Kane needs and wants support up front, one thing he could do is fudging pass the ball once in a while, instead of constantly trying to beat 4 players and shooting through them. He needs to learn how and when to release the ball. He had many moments yesterday where he could have just rolled the ball for a perfect setup of a team mate, but instead he tried to dribble 3-4 people on his own.

Back