• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester *** 22/08/2015 3pm

So I watched the game on stream and would rather have waited until some of the fans on here who were actually at the game to get a good handle of what actually went on at the game. For that I am grateful that @paxtonwolf has given his view.

For what it is worth, here is my take. We were decidedly average. I agree with what some other posters have said with regards to the play taking us back to the AVB days without Bale. Too many of our players put in below-par performances and that's just not great. I share the frustration with posters here who were not happy with the performance as it looked laboured, and just not really nice to watch. We dominated posession without actually looking dangerous with it which says a lot as to how the opposition was prepared to play.

But now for the balance. Despite this really lacklustre performance, we drew the game. Sometimes at these times, I go onto the opposite teams message boards to get a feel for how they are feeling. The majority of them are happy with the result, with only a few thinking that they should have won. Some of them felt a little lucky! The telling quote from one of them was "They dominated possession but didn't really create an awful lot. We looked more dangerous throughout but didn't actually create much! What a goal from Riyad once again. He is stupidly good!" That I feel is the fair summary of the game.

Poch, to his credit, is angry as well http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34030307. His analysis is fair and balanced, and that gives me some comfort that he knows that it is not good enough and so will address the points accordingly.

I'd say my ratings are well summarised by the following http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...-ratings-leicester-city-1-1-spurs_241131.html. Perhaps I'd give Jan a 5 instead of the 6.

We have two weeks and a bit left of the transfer window for us to address weaknesses in the team and to bring in a bit of freshness and perhaps, dare I say, feel good factor. I think we are unanimous in our view that we need 2-3 signings, which is about the only thing that we all seem to agree on.

So where to go from here? We could all gnash our teeth, complain about how brick Lamela, Vertonghen, Mason, Davies, Poch et al were. We can bitch and moan and argue amongst each other as to just how crap we were. Hell, we can even argue with one another about whether we have serious relegation fears. It will make not one bit of difference. What I can see is that we are a very young team, and this lot needs to get that experience. They have, for the most part, quite a bit of potential and my mind is not going to be changed in the first 3 games of the season. We were not lucky to finish where we did last season.

This is where fans will need to decide what type of fan they want to be. The one that offers constructive criticism but at the same time is behind the team or the one that offers nothing but criticism. There's no right or wrong, but I know which side of the fence I want to be on. I know it's just a message board, but no one gets enjoyment from just constant petulant arguing with one another. It is possible to have a debate without arguing, name-calling or just being incredibly dismissive of another person's view.

All I ask is that people show a little balance and respect one another. OTT comments on either side are likely to rile one another and just make people not want to post. We are afterall suffering from the same ailness and that is supporting Spurs on a day that we really wanted the team to do better. It could be worse, we could be West Ham!

Just got back.

Had a fair few beers so I'm gonna refrain from commenting in this thread until tomorrow after watching that bollox today.

Some of the negativity on here, you would think that we had lost at home against Bournemouth. Clearly it isn't good news that we lack flair and excitement, and I agree with those who say that there is a lot to be said for a more experienced manager - but we are where we are. An inexperienced manager, a young team. I won't be at the Lane on Saturday but hopefully the fans will be supportive and help get a decent performance. A win next week, and we are on the way.

Some of us moan, some of us don't. Some think it destroys things for others, alas do we have two live threads?
It could be worse and be vicious like SIMB became.:)

i dont remember Schmeical having to make a save

our possession was mainly Verts to Toby, to Walker, to Dembele, to Toby, to Verts, to Davies, back to Mason, to Verts, to Toby, over to Walker, tucked inside to Dembele and on and on and on. Im not joking either

All Davies does is pass strait back to whoever passes to him,,LOL he simply cannot and does not have the ability to see a forward pass.

Vertongen is worrying as well. No pace defending.. Maybe he could play where Dire is playing now
as a defending midfielder. He does have forward passing qualities. But would he be mobile enough there?

If a manager cannot recognize a poor player ..he simply cannot Manage a football team IMO..
so big questions marks over Poch. ...maybe the new and young players might save him?
if he plays em! ?????????????????????????

I was at work today, it was like an oven. I imagine the heat must've had a an effect on the way the players approached the match. They said on 5live that they had official drinks breaks during the game.

Good to see a promising youngster emerging in the form of Alli. Given how well Kane did last season, I wouldn't be surprised to see Poch make him a starter early on, rather than wait as he did with Kane (he might think that Kane could've got us 4th if we had started him in the first dozen games).

Last edited:
We're a young side. Played against a team which really parked the bus at times today. We were brick against sides that parked the bus under Redknapp too, in case some of you don't remember - or should I say, we were boring to watch, and looked quite average. Had we not conceded that sloppy goal, we would've carved out a nice 1-0 win (as we often did back then as well).

Another thing worth having in the back of one's head - you're not going to look great or even good in every game. We never have, under any manager (at least in my time as a Spurs supporter). We played an in-form team. Yes, we lacked a lot of pace and decisiveness, and yes, Lamela was way below par, Vertonghen didn't look up for it, Davies had a really bad day, we had little width and lacked creativity with Eriksen out.

Dele Alli was a big positive for me today. What a spark. Should start the next game, no doubt. Decisive, direct, attack minded, quick in possession.

Dembele did all right as well. Same with Mason. Dier is playing in a new position, and didn't have a cracker of a game, but did well enough, I thought. Chadli looked pretty good from time to time, but is a bit too slow in possession for my liking (we were in general today, I thought).

Anyway - it was just one game, and we didn't look that bad. Remember we played a team away that had taken 28 points of the last 32 possible. They had two shots on target, one of them went in.

Stop being such drama queens already. :D:p

We're a young side. Played against a team which really parked the bus at times today. We were **** against sides that parked the bus under Redknapp too, in case some of you don't remember - or should I say, we were boring to watch, and looked quite average. Had we not conceded that sloppy goal, we would've carved out a nice 1-0 win (as we often did back then as well).

Another thing worth having in the back of one's head - you're not going to look great or even good in every game. We never have, under any manager (at least in my time as a Spurs supporter). We played an in-form team. Yes, we lacked a lot of pace and decisiveness, and yes, Lamela was way below par, Vertonghen didn't look up for it, Davies had a really bad day, we had little width and lacked creativity with Eriksen out.

Dele Alli was a big positive for me today. What a spark. Should start the next game, no doubt. Decisive, direct, attack minded, quick in possession.

Dembele did all right as well. Same with Mason. Dier is playing in a new position, and didn't have a cracker of a game, but did well enough, I thought. Chadli looked pretty good from time to time, but is a bit too slow in possession for my liking (we were in general today, I thought).

Anyway - it was just one game, and we didn't look that bad. Remember we played a team away that had taken 28 points of the last 32 possible. They had two shots on target, one of them went in.

Stop being such drama queens already. :D:p

They had two shots on target, one of them went in.
Exactly LOL.

Some of the negativity on here, you would think that we had lost at home against Bournemouth. Clearly it isn't good news that we lack flair and excitement, and I agree with those who say that there is a lot to be said for a more experienced manager - but we are where we are. An inexperienced manager, a young team. I won't be at the Lane on Saturday but hopefully the fans will be supportive and help get a decent performance. A win next week, and we are on the way.

Actually we managed a draw against a promoted side that likely will be in the relegation battle for the vast majority of the season.

Actually we managed a draw against a promoted side that likely will be in the relegation battle for the vast majority of the season.

Except they were promoted last season, and are the current league leaders. If you'd take the last 10 or so league games (counting the last few of last season's games), Leicester would be top 3 of all teams in Europe. That might not tell you much about the quality they have as a team, but you can't deny they're in form and riding on a wave of confidence. Playing those teams are never easy.

Except they were promoted last season, and are the current league leaders. If you'd take the last 10 or so league games (counting the last few of last season's games), Leicester would be top 3 of all teams in Europe. That might not tell you much about the quality they have as a team, but you can't deny they're in form and riding on a wave of confidence. Playing those teams are never easy.

what to bet they will be in the bottom 6 at end of season? what's the bookies odds on that?

what to bet they will be in the bottom 6 at end of season? what's the bookies odds on that?

It's irrelevant at the moment where they will finish this season (at least when we're discussing today's game). They're in form at the moment, they went into the game against us today with their confidence sky high.

i was very bored watching today's game, the heat is obviously a factor but who really is exciting on our team anymore. For the game itself, there's little mention of the point blank save from Lloris and I thought their penalty claim in the first half was legitimate, we did very little with our superior possession, Ranieri clearly outfoxed Poch. Its a satisfactory result at this stage of the season and with leicester brimming with confidence but we look a mid table side these days, you can forget about a top 4 place

It's irrelevant at the moment where they will finish this season (at least when we're discussing today's game). They're in form at the moment, they went into the game against us today with their confidence sky high.

No its not, because we can't expect (expect or count on) winning the majority of our games against top 7/8 sides.

We have to get maximum points out of teams that WILL finish in the bottom half, today or at the end of season it's two points dropped against a side who' entire ambition in survival. Not good enough.

i was very bored watching today's game, the heat is obviously a factor but who really is exciting on our team anymore. For the game itself, there's little mention of the point blank save from Lloris and I thought their penalty claim in the first half was legitimate, we did very little with our superior possession, Ranieri clearly outfoxed Poch. Its a satisfactory result at this stage of the season and with leicester brimming with confidence but we look a mid table side these days, you can forget about a top 4 place

So did Hughes ...

Having just seen the goal how come Chadli has got off so lightly for criticism????

He left Davies on his own defending against two players who he had struggled with all game

The 3 behind Kane need to buck their ideas up massively, particularly down the left

No good meandering forward if you don't do a shift in defence

Just watched the game and been reading some posts here. First of all; my GHod what a bunch of whining little bitches that are here! The amount of bitching and whining is beyond belief! Get a grip, wake up and face reality! The game itself was about as exiting as watching paint dry, but conditions have to take some blame for that. Kane is this season looking like the player I think he is, rather the the over hyped superman most here believe he is. For me he is a rather ordinary striker who hit a purple patch last year, and I said this before the season started, and got slated for it.... Alli provides (like Paulinho did) something that the rest team is somehow unable to do; forward runs into the box. Unbelievable that we can never ever keep a lead. Very sloppy and bad set up after the kick off. Mason 20 meters away from where he should be, and only realised it when it was too late. Verthongen didn't cover himself in glory either, backing off far too much. But All in all a draw away is not too bad at Leicester, but when we take the lead 10 minutes before the end, we need to see it out. This is a real mental issue now that needs to be sorted!

Agree with you Kandi and I did post it a month or so ago re Kane. I stuck my neck out and said I didn't think he'd get into double figures in the Premier League this season. Whether that's a case of him being overhyped last season or the fact he's job is more difficult this season either way that's what I believe.

Back