• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton ***

Not including yesterday's matches (the 16th round of games hasn't finished yet)...

P0120.png

At least we're doing better than that 'Totals' team.

Saw the MOTD highlights and the first goal is clearly a howler by Caulker in that Lloris was waiting to catch the ball - much like against West Ham. I do hope this doesn't happen agani anytime soon for the lad's sake. Also wonder if Hugo is having trouble communicating a little to get the point across that he's about to claim the ball

as with the other time, i'm sure i heard a shout (from Lloris) just before Caulker 'clears' it.

Must say, on reflection I'm actually fairly confident we can reach the top 4. Everton aren't that impressive, neither are Arsenal and we are improving as the months go by. Hopefully we can really kick into a good gear as the business end of the season approaches.

as with the other time, i'm sure i heard a shout (from Lloris) just before Caulker 'clears' it.

Yeah he definitely shouted but I agree with Steff that it may be confusing for Caulker playing with both a keeper who likes to come AND a keeper who doesn't and I wouldn't put it past forwards to shout 'Mine' in an attempt to get the defender to leave it.

Maybe they need a code word/phrase...like "SWEEPER KEEPER TO THE RESCUUUEE.." :lol:

Yeah he definitely shouted but I agree with Steff that it may be confusing for Caulker playing with both a keeper who likes to come AND a keeper who doesn't and I wouldn't put it past forwards to shout 'Mine' in an attempt to get the defender to leave it.

Maybe they need a code word/phrase...like "SWEEPER KEEPER TO THE RESCUUUEE.." :lol:

Caulker is a professional footballer. Who the keeper is behind him and their style is irrelevant. He has hardly played with either keeper in the grand scheme of things and that sort of training would have been conditioned into him at a very very young age. He just fudged up. It happens.

Caulker is a professional footballer. Who the keeper is behind him and their style is irrelevant. He has hardly played with either keeper in the grand scheme of things and that sort of training would have been conditioned into him at a very very young age. He just fudged up. It happens.

To be honest, the greatest fudge up is the poor clearance and not the fact he did not leave it.

There is also another reason.

As things happen so quickly Caulker just panicked and saw a ball coming towards him and his mind was set - to kick it away. Most experienced players would be calm in that instance and whilst they would make their mind up they would also not be panicking so if a keeper did shout they would be composed enough to let it go.

brick happens. I still think that if you pound away a 100 times at our defence (as we seem to be letting teams do) eventually one will go through.

You know what mate? I'd suggest you save your energy, because there's thousands upon thousands of 'blind optimists' following Tottenham Hotspur right now.

I wonder what Swansea would've done with 10 men for 70 minute? they scored twice in the last 5!!!!! Did you actually watch the game BTW, or are you reacting to the hype? They were OK but the goons were poor. As they were against us when it was 11 v 11. All this 'injured player and losing Modric is weak'...here's the list.

Modric - sold
Bale - injured
Ekotto - injured
King -retired
Kaboul - injured
Parker - injured
Van der Vaart - sold

Today, that was SEVEN PLAYERS who were in our FIRST ELEVEN LAST SEASON and did NOT play today. You can waffle on all you like about Swansea, but IMO, that is weak. And impatient.

I really wish you could stand back, stand tall and figure out what's going on. It takes a bit of patience, a bit of support and a lot of courage. But if you take the time, you'll see that far from being 'blind' there's many thousands who can see a hell of a lot further than simply next week!

Be brave FFS!!!!!

Every team has injuries. Yes ours are bad, but I'm sick of this excuse being trotted out EVERY time we don't get a positive result.

I think it's great that you and a lot of Spurs fans are getting behind the manager, but you are allowed to criticise him when he makes mistakes. People accused me of being a Harry lover, but I gave him plenty of stick last season when he deserved it.

It's almost like you are trying to convince yourself that he is going to be a brilliant manager for us. I'm not saying he can't be btw, but the jury is still out for me.

Last edited:
He was a passenger at best

Hudd actually made a difference and played Clint for the goal

Sig nearly scored

Falque had no time

Yeah i'm gonna have to give up. The players he took off i can see no problem with.

The players he bought on could be discussed, but we didn't have any decent defensive substitutions on the bench.

Back