• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton ***

i just saw the goals again on MOTD - didnt realise the defending was that bad. Especially for the first - I didnt know what people were saying when they were blaming Caulker etc but he fudged up big time as he did against Spam. once is a mistake twice is a habit and all that - hope it isnt.

Lloris looked very very good and love how he comes out and the players NEED to get used to it. I think Caulker just panics a bit and this is what I mean by panic play from us. We just panic and that causes mistakes. The panic is stemming from us sitting back the last ten minutes.

People talk about mistakes but thats not the root cause, the root cause is us tactically sitting back - its happened too many times for it to be a coincidence or our players being tired towards the end of a game. This sitting back forces us to panic and as a consequence making mistakes.

Some may comment on our players being mentally weak but did we concede many late goals last season? I dont actually remember im sure we did but not as many points as this season. infact last season we got more points coming from behind than any other team (I think) thats not a sign of mentally weak players.

How the fudge did we lose that one? Did not see the game but Hansen on MOTD says 3 defensive mistakes for the 1st goal. The irony is maybe Lloris's screech put off Caulker. Maybe no scream and the ball is booted into their penalty area. Second goal we were set up perfectly and 2 great connections and a great finish.
But I am sorry to say this, I thought that Lloris had weak arms for both goals.

Last edited:
A majority of blind, delusional Spurs fans, judging by this thread. Accepting defeat and embarrassment from a clueless manager, stupidly quoting we are "blah" off third place (and when we lose again it then becomes "blah blah" off third place etc etc etc.). Making excuses for a spineless team and shocking management. And people wonder why we are a laughing stock.

What did you think of Harry?

How the fudge did we lose that one? Did not see the game but Hansen on MOTD says 3 defensive mistakes for the 1st goal. The irony is maybe Lloris's screech put off Caulker. Maybe no scream and the ball is booted into their penalty area. Second goal we were set up perfectly and 2 great connections and a great finish.
But I am sorry to say this, I thought that Lloris had weak arms for both goals.

I think Lloris may have done better for the first definitely - although he was going one way and the header went the other way so his momentum was just not in that direction obviously.

I think second goal youre a bit harsh - the shot was at close proximity and all of it happened so quickly.

Fantastic Dempsey goal and the Sigg was a bit unlucky. But based on the highlights a draw looked a fair result.

I think Lloris may have done better for the first definitely - although he was going one way and the header went the other way so his momentum was just not in that direction obviously.

I think second goal youre a bit harsh - the shot was at close proximity and all of it happened so quickly.

The second goal we were set up perfectly. The guy took the goal excellently....mmm ...I still think Lloris arm was weak but it was a fantastic goal and it was out of the blue.

We don't close games out. We were very close. Had the Sig shot gone in we'd have been the first to beat them at home since last March. Small margins.

Unlike other games, we kept trying to attack and take the game to them. Which was pleasing. But few players bar Ade and Dembele had the skill or balls to keep possession at the end.

It is a pretty new team. We kept a clean sheet for most of the game, as AVB said, its hard to take. If we win the next game - we're back. I need TP for my bunghole.

If the Ref blew the ft whistle at 80 mins every game, we'd be top!

According to MOTD.

A majority of blind, delusional Spurs fans, judging by this thread. Accepting defeat and embarrassment from a clueless manager, stupidly quoting we are "blah" off third place (and when we lose again it then becomes "blah blah" off third place etc etc etc.). Making excuses for a spineless team and shocking management. And people wonder why we are a laughing stock.

People with a differing opinion to yours are delusional?

Interesting.

We don't close games out. We were very close. Had the Sig shot gone in we'd have been the first to beat them at home since last March. Small margins.

Unlike other games, we kept trying to attack and take the game to them. Which was pleasing. But few players bar Ade and Dembele had the skill or balls to keep possession at the end.

It is a pretty new team. We kept a clean sheet for most of the game, as AVB said, its hard to take. If we win the next game - we're back. I need TP for my bunghole.

I read most of the match thread earlier and I think a lot of the posters here agree with you and so do I. Until it is mathematically impossible I will keep hoping we can win the EPL but I can't really get excited about finishing in the ECL slots (although obviously I want us to.) I personally believe a trophy rather than top 4 will instill a much needed winner's mentality into the players.

I read most of the match thread earlier and I think a lot of the posters here agree with you and so do I. Until it is mathematically impossible I will keep hoping we can win the EPL but I can't really get excited about finishing in the ECL slots (although obviously I want us to.) I personally believe a trophy rather than top 4 will instill a much needed winner's mentality into the players.

Very good point

It's interesting to compare this game to the last game at Goodison in March;

I wonder if it could be said that the gap between the two teams has closed, even if the end result was the same; it was mostly one-way traffic for 50-60 mins last year. Jelevic hardly got a kick second half if my memory serves me right...

Harry had Kaboul, King, BAE, Parker, Modric, Bale and VDV in his team and managed to completely fudge it up. AVB has none of those and if it wasn't for Caulker's error at the end we'd have more than likely taken 3 points, but apparently it's all Andre's fault, the clueless negative taco.

Harry had Kaboul, King, BAE, Parker, Modric, Bale and VDV in his team and managed to completely fudge it up. AVB has none of those and if it wasn't for Caulker's error at the end we'd have more than likely taken 3 points, but apparently it's all Andre's fault, the clueless negative taco.

I think to keep bringing up Harry (both to beat AVB or to defend him) does nobody any favours in terms of rational debate over current team issue.

And I'm one of those who thought Harry presided over one of the MOST MONUMENTAL ****-UPS last season in terms of blowing third. However problems under AVB have to discussed and debated - without bringing up Harry

i just saw the goals again on MOTD - didnt realise the defending was that bad. Especially for the first - I didnt know what people were saying when they were blaming Caulker etc but he fudged up big time as he did against Spam. once is a mistake twice is a habit and all that - hope it isnt.

Lloris looked very very good and love how he comes out and the players NEED to get used to it. I think Caulker just panics a bit and this is what I mean by panic play from us. We just panic and that causes mistakes. The panic is stemming from us sitting back the last ten minutes.

People talk about mistakes but thats not the root cause, the root cause is us tactically sitting back - its happened too many times for it to be a coincidence or our players being tired towards the end of a game. This sitting back forces us to panic and as a consequence making mistakes.

Some may comment on our players being mentally weak but did we concede many late goals last season? I dont actually remember im sure we did but not as many points as this season. infact last season we got more points coming from behind than any other team (I think) thats not a sign of mentally weak players.

Hey come on man chin up. It's not all bad, I mean we're playing Everton at Goodison ffs, they're a tough nut to crack there even for good teams. Look on another day we would have won, its just such bad luck that we conceded two goals in the last 3 minutes of injury time.

Let's put this into perspective, we couldn't hold onto that blasted ball in midfield (these new balls!) and it somehow always managed to go back to a blue shirt.
We created very little (a lot of teams go to Goodison and create very little, this is Everton ffs what do you expect).
We didn't do much moving off the ball to try and create some space (do you really expect our players to move and pass in AVB's "system"?).

All in all a good solid performance, I mean Everton had very few chances really (until the last 3 minutes of injury time) and we've got a million players out at the minute whereas they haven't.

Oh well at least our fans sung a lot of songs!

Last edited:
AVB cost us the game with his inane substitutions, the players were good all of them, he tried to be too clever the taco, we lost balance and gave them the initiative, a draw would have been a fair result, taking Lennon off when they were attacking down that side all the time was just plain stupid.

Did you see how exhausted Lennon was before he was taken off? The guy could hardly run, as shown by the moment when he didn't track Baines back and he got in a free cross. And by the way, BOTH Everton goals came from the opposite flank.

Back