• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton ***

A majority of blind, delusional Spurs fans, judging by this thread. Accepting defeat and embarrassment from a clueless manager, stupidly quoting we are "blah" off third place (and when we lose again it then becomes "blah blah" off third place etc etc etc.). Making excuses for a spineless team and shocking management. And people wonder why we are a laughing stock.

Delusional would be expecting to go to Goodison and be handed 3 points with some pretty football on top. If not delusional, then it's just poor excuse for having a go at AVB.

You really think the players and coaching staff weren't bothered about winning today? You think AVB told them to play for 89 minutes, then throw it away? If it's anyone that actually has a clue, it's him. Maybe some of the tactical choices are made to compensate for injured players or lack of certain types of players? I guess a 90 second period containing some horrible individual errors negates everything else in this match performance wise. We weren't playing tiki-taka and dominating? How many matches at Goodison are a walk in the park for the away team?

Saw the MOTD highlights and the first goal is clearly a howler by Caulker in that Lloris was waiting to catch the ball - much like against West Ham. I do hope this doesn't happen agani anytime soon for the lad's sake. Also wonder if Hugo is having trouble communicating a little to get the point across that he's about to claim the ball

This "the manager didn't tell them to" is getting tired!
Yes the manager does not tell them to concede in injury time bt what's he doing to try and stamp it out?
It's reoccuring time and time again and it's happening when we are sat deep.

Noone expected us to go there and go all out but we could have at least attacked their defence a bit more. Maybe they would have folded and given us another goal. We offered nothing and made their job a lot easier all thanks to poor tactical decisions

A1333.jpg

Spurs have taken more points off Everton in the Premier League than from any other opponent.

We will win. Again.

Hugo, Verts, Naughton, Gallas, Walker, Sandro, Dembele, Lennon, Sigurdsson, Defoe, Adebayor

Everton 0, Spurs 2

Glad to see from the new avatar that this tinkle-poot effort of an OMT has not gone unpunished

Harry didn't play the first team in Europe. AVB has. We need at least one more quality player to help retain possession if we're to play 2 games a week. Small margins. Just watched the highlights. We played well, which is why it hurts. We should have won, deserved a draw, and only lost out on one point - on merit.

Harry didn't play the first team in Europe. AVB has. We need at least one more quality player to help retain possession if we're to play 2 games a week. Small margins. Just watched the highlights. We played well, which is why it hurts. We should have won, deserved a draw, and only lost out on one point - on merit.

Good points. Lennon was injured for a while as was Dembele. I don't think we tired we just got sloppy ...but so did City. Doesn't mean all our some of our players suddenly turned bad.
I am happy with every player in our squad. Can we get better players? For sure but we ain't got any bad players in our squad.

This defeat has tinkled me off so much. I'm still annoyed! Haven't been this annoyed in a long time.

A win would have been brilliant and sent a good message to the league.

A majority of blind, delusional Spurs fans, judging by this thread. Accepting defeat and embarrassment from a clueless manager, stupidly quoting we are "blah" off third place (and when we lose again it then becomes "blah blah" off third place etc etc etc.). Making excuses for a spineless team and shocking management. And people wonder why we are a laughing stock.

=D>=D>=D>...

oh...errr...:eek:

Sorry mate, thought you were taking about knee-jerk posters who's idea of long-term vision is that drop of angry sweat on the end of their nose...please tell me you've been drinking, and that when you re-read this, you'll accept it's over-reactionary cobblers!

Saw the MOTD highlights and the first goal is clearly a howler by Caulker in that Lloris was waiting to catch the ball - much like against West Ham. I do hope this doesn't happen agani anytime soon for the lad's sake. Also wonder if Hugo is having trouble communicating a little to get the point across that he's about to claim the ball

Just to repeat a point I made earlier 'cos I think it's relevant, on Thursday Stephen Caulker played in front of Brad Friedel who is a very different type of keeper, and today he was in front of Hugo Lloris. Call it inexperience versus lack of concentration versus rotating keepers, but this was a detail, a very singular detail, which got horribly punished today. Lloris was left scrambling back to try and retain a decent position, which prevented him having the time to come for the cross, which he would've...I don't think there was any doubt as to what Lloris wanted, I just think Caulker got confused. We need to stick by the lad, because down the line, he and Lloris will win us a lot more than they cost us...

:eek:

Save your energy mate it's wasted on here. Many of the posters have managed to convince themselves that AVB has a cunning masterplan up his sleeve which is eventually going to come good. This blind optimisim then means they don't feel so bad when we lose as pathetically as we did today. Every time we lose there is a justification it's not that we were just not good enough or that we have not been good enough on too many occasions this seaso.n AVB has a way to overcomplicate everything. Something is not right with the squad and the system of play. We can't do simple passing, we are so panicked at the back that we have lost the ability to play the ball out confidently from the back. Posters said AVB handled the Lloris/Friedel thing well I simply cannot agree when our defence is so shocking. The goalkeeper should have been a constant from the beginning.The argument about injured players and the loss of modric is just a weak. Swansea lost Joe Allen and Sigurdsonn but still manage to pass Arsenal off the park in their back yard. Liverpool were missing their only striker and arguably best player and they still won today. It seems to me that AVB is trying different things, today he put on an attacking substitution in Falque, but it is not working perhaps because basics are not right. We are 16 games into the season he needs to sort this otherwise this season will be mid table dissapointment.

:eek:

Good points. Lennon was injured for a while as was Dembele. I don't think we tired we just got sloppy ...but so did City. Doesn't mean all our some of our players suddenly turned bad.
I am happy with every player in our squad. Can we get better players? For sure but we ain't got any bad players in our squad.

Our first team plus the injured five are of good quality.

Luckily we now have a week to rest and learned some lesson from yesterday game.

Save your energy mate it's wasted on here. Many of the posters have managed to convince themselves that AVB has a cunning masterplan up his sleeve which is eventually going to come good. This blind optimisim then means they don't feel so bad when we lose as pathetically as we did today. Every time we lose there is a justification it's not that we were just not good enough or that we have not been good enough on too many occasions this seaso.n AVB has a way to overcomplicate everything. Something is not right with the squad and the system of play. We can't do simple passing, we are so panicked at the back that we have lost the ability to play the ball out confidently from the back. Posters said AVB handled the Lloris/Friedel thing well I simply cannot agree when our defence is so shocking. The goalkeeper should have been a constant from the beginning.The argument about injured players and the loss of modric is just a weak. Swansea lost Joe Allen and Sigurdsonn but still manage to pass Arsenal off the park in their back yard. Liverpool were missing their only striker and arguably best player and they still won today. It seems to me that AVB is trying different things, today he put on an attacking substitution in Falque, but it is not working perhaps because basics are not right. We are 16 games into the season he needs to sort this otherwise this season will be mid table dissapointment.

You know what mate? I'd suggest you save your energy, because there's thousands upon thousands of 'blind optimists' following Tottenham Hotspur right now.

I wonder what Swansea would've done with 10 men for 70 minute? they scored twice in the last 5!!!!! Did you actually watch the game BTW, or are you reacting to the hype? They were OK but the goons were poor. As they were against us when it was 11 v 11. All this 'injured player and losing Modric is weak'...here's the list.

Modric - sold
Bale - injured
Ekotto - injured
King -retired
Kaboul - injured
Parker - injured
Van der Vaart - sold

Today, that was SEVEN PLAYERS who were in our FIRST ELEVEN LAST SEASON and did NOT play today. You can waffle on all you like about Swansea, but IMO, that is weak. And impatient.

I really wish you could stand back, stand tall and figure out what's going on. It takes a bit of patience, a bit of support and a lot of courage. But if you take the time, you'll see that far from being 'blind' there's many thousands who can see a hell of a lot further than simply next week!

Be brave FFS!!!!!

Just to repeat a point I made earlier 'cos I think it's relevant, on Thursday Stephen Caulker played in front of Brad Friedel who is a very different type of keeper, and today he was in front of Hugo Lloris. Call it inexperience versus lack of concentration versus rotating keepers, but this was a detail, a very singular detail, which got horribly punished today. Lloris was left scrambling back to try and retain a decent position, which prevented him having the time to come for the cross, which he would've...I don't think there was any doubt as to what Lloris wanted, I just think Caulker got confused. We need to stick by the lad, because down the line, he and Lloris will win us a lot more than they cost us...

BOOM =D>

Really annoyed the way we lost this match. It feels worse than if we had get thrashed 0-5 or 0-6. Losing the match in injury time is really difficult to accept. Have said all along that, apart from Lloris and Vertonghen, our defence is shyte and they have proven it again. We cannot hope to win matches 1-0 with this team because the defence will always concede goals. We had to get that all-important second goal to win but we couldn't do it. If Sigurdson's effort had gone in instead of hitting the post, we would have won this match. Maybe we were fated to lose this match. Afterall, we had won all the matches in which Dembele had started before. And we were wearing the same white-shirt/dark shorts that we wore when we beat ManU. So, we were using all the lucky charm we can use and still we lost !

I think some of the players were tired from playing against Panathinaikos. Defoe didn't look sharp in front of goal. The few half chances he got he were too slow to shoot. Adebayor looked completely useless and didn't do anything of note. Even Sandro were not commanding from midfield. I think the only ones who did well were Dembele and Dempsey. It was too bad Dempsey's goal got overshadowed by this defeat. Dempsey is getting some form now which is nice to see. He is beginning to look like the player who scored 24 goals for Fulham last season. Hope he will continue this form.

Defence really don't get any credit for this performance. Lloris did well to save a few shots but wonder if he could have done better with both the goals, especially the first one. But he was not helped by the defence in front of him. Gallas and Caulker are simply too much error-prone. They looked in panic mode evertytime Everton attacked. Caulker should have let Lloris claim the ball for Everton's first goal. As much as Caulker plays well, his inexperience means he will always make those mistakes. Wish we can play Vertonghen and Kaboul in defence now.

Really disappointed we failed to extend our 4 match winning run. More annoyingly we have now lost our last 3 matches at Everton which used to be our fortress. It is really difficult to accept this defeat after coming so close to winning it. Hope we will learn from this defeat and will do our best in our upcoming matches. Atleast we won't have to worry about midweek European matches until February and there will be a few injured players returning soon. Hope we will get back our winning feeling against Swansea next week.

Last edited:
One day in the distant future when it's all over, a history book on the PL would be published and

- Utd will be known as the team who always scored in extra time
- Spurs will be known as the team who always conceded in extra time

Forget AVB, forget Mourinho - we can bring down Moses for all it's worth and NOTHING will ever change. Nothing.

A vile curse has been placed on us, I'm all but convinced. No other team does that with such consistency.

Last edited:
One day in the distant future when it's all over a history book on the PL would be published and

Forget AVB, forget Mourinho - we can bring down Moses for all it's worth and NOTHING will ever change. Nothing.

A vile curse has been placed on us, I'm all but convinced. No other team does that with such consistency.

I brought up this point earlier on another platform, Spurs have lost a 2-goal lead 7 times (not sure in how many times) in the premier league to Manure's 0 times in XXX times, yeah, this is nothing new to us Spurs fans. IIRC, we have not lost a game we led by 2-goal this season (oh no, I must have put a curse on us now).

But when someone is insisted on looking upon it as a proof that AVB should be liable, the nice probelm about having scored first 75% of the times were turned into focus on the downside only.

I thought that after a good night's sleep I'd wake up and feel a little bit better about yesterday's result.

I was wrong - I don't.

One day in the distant future when it's all over a history book on the PL would be published and

Not including yesterday's matches (the 16th round of games hasn't finished yet)...

P0120.png

Back