• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton ***

complete opposite of us

we play with no tempo and urgency. Just so slow

Different styles of play. We've been set-up to counter-attack, and if you notice the way we've been scoring, once the first goal goes in, we tend to look more dangerous. Witness the West Ham and Fulham games as proof.

However, we still have two problems; that first goal, which is occasionally a problem (though we've been more clinical this season, certainly) and our fatigue and stupidity, which gets us far too often.

Obviously it's infuriating to have thrown away 3 points but some perspective is needed. We were 3 mins away from 3 points away to a full strength Everton side whilst we're missing our best player along with Kaboul, BAE and Parker. As long as we're still in the race for 4th when January comes about then hopefully we can add a couple of pieces and give it a real go in the 2nd half of the season.

I watch Liverscum now and they have come out second half and dominated. Playing with a great deal of urgency etc.

They are winning the midfield battle and recycling possession well. It is fundamental to controlling any match. Then even mongs like Cole can score.

Obviously it's infuriating to have thrown away 3 points but some perspective is needed. We were 3 mins away from 3 points away to a full strength Everton side whilst we're missing our best player along with Kaboul, BAE and Parker. As long as we're still in the race for 4th when January comes about then hopefully we can add a couple of pieces and give it a real go in the 2nd half of the season.

But that's why it was so infuriating, to get so close to what I described to others as an 'awesome result' and then the collapse, bad enough to go from 1-0 to 1-1 but for it to be compounded with a defeat... I wish football would fudge off right now! Housemates watching the United v City game, 2 of them don't know the score, and I can't sit there and watch it with them, don't want to watch any more football right now.

They are winning the midfield battle and recycling possession well. It is fundamental to controlling any match. Then even mongs like Cole can score.

Far too much use of the word mong in this thread. And comparing anyone to Joe Cole...about as insulting as it gets. ;)

But that's why it was so infuriating, to get so close to what I described to others as an 'awesome result' and then the collapse, bad enough to go from 1-0 to 1-1 but for it to be compounded with a defeat... I wish football would fudge off right now! Housemates watching the United v City game, 2 of them don't know the score, and I can't sit there and watch it with them, don't want to watch any more football right now.

football is brick! i have tried so hard to not let it get to me. This result has really fudged me off big time!

and there I was thinking ...the worse that could happen would be to draw.

Adebayor ...didnt take part much,,, by the sound of it...

shoudve kept Pav..................................................................................

maybe we sould have kept Dempsey on?

boy oh boy........when are we going to turn this corner...

thats twice we could have put ourselves in a strong position...

I'm thinking ...if you bet against us in these crucial games you'd win a fortune!

and I must admit to nearly putting on a couple of hudred ...for us to lose or draw..but not win..

andf there was I was thinking...oooops forgot about the obvious...............

Gallas: "The season is long we have to look to the next game and taking three points against Swansea"

I guess it's because there's nothing else to say, as professionals they can't labour over the lost except to learn lessons, hopefully, and then improve and push to try and take maximum points in their next fixture.

I hate that we have lost a point per game, on average, from being in winning positions this season! Conversely Manchester United have lost no points when they have been in winning positions. Imagine if we could claim that statistic and had an extra 16 points to our points tally!!!

The cat stood on my laptop's power button powering it off on 85 minutes. I was hacked off at the time. Now I know he did me a favor.

We didn't really deserve the win. But played manfully for 85 minutes, defended well for the same time. Gutted.

The worst thing for me is not getting the second. Had that Sig shot dipped in, we'd now be heaven. Such is football. On to the next game.

I'm suprised by the negativity by some. Yes its frustrating to lose in the manner that we did but we were playing a good team away from home and were always in the match. It was a game of fine margins. If Sig's shot had gone in it would have been game over and we would have taken the points. Going into the last 5 minutes i couldn't see us conceding let alone losing- Everton just weren't creating anything.

For some reason though we lost that control that we had over the game, started getting panicky with the ball and gave Everton some impetus. That is something that we need to learn quickly as a team. In tough games in the position we were in you have to control the ball. Keep it at all costs and we don't lose that much.

We threw it away.

This mentality is what makes us losers. Yes they are good but why not try to play them off the park?
We went there looking to "mug" them, let them play and steal the points. We didn't play today and only held onto the ball after we scored.
A calamity of errors let them back in and once again we folded at the last.

We need some quality and I just cannot see AVB's philosophy ever getting us anywhere. Even after our win against Liverpool I was unhappy that we gave them so much of that game at home.
It's just not good enough and once more we are going to let a good opportunity to get into the CL get away from us.

This mentality is what makes us losers. Yes they are good but why not try to play them off the park?
We went there looking to "mug" them, let them play and steal the points. We didn't play today and only held onto the ball after we scored.
A calamity of errors let them back in and once again we folded at the last.

We need some quality and I just cannot see AVB's philosophy ever getting us anywhere. Even after our win against Liverpool I was unhappy that we gave them so much of that game at home.
It's just not good enough and once more we are going to let a good opportunity to get into the CL get away from us.

So accepting that Everton are good team and we were competitive with them is what makes us look like losers? We are not good enough yet to play them off the park and on that point how many teams have gone to Goodison Park and done that? What did you want from us today? A full on gung-ho assault on them leaving us exposed to the counter attack? We were nearly caught a couple of times first half with the ball over our defensive line.

We restricted them to very few chances, took the lead and for a couple of individual mistakes could have walked away with 3 points. Frustrating end but not deserved in my opinion.

I get the feeling that you are still unhappy with the appointment of AVB rather than the overall performance today.

If we don't get champions league this year then it would be the 3rd time in 3 years that we haven't made it. That unfortunately comes down to the overall performance of the club as a whole from the chairman, through the manager and down to the players.

Back